Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 66 — Destroyed in Moments
The battle against〈Mighty Warriors〉, led by Angelica, one of America’s〘Regalia〙, began with an attack from the swordsman.
However, his lightning-fast【Flashdraw】was easily deflected, and the man lost his life in an instant, with his Unique Skill,【Zero Draw • Atomic Oblivion】, taken from him.
Next, the unarmed man possessing the Unique Skill,【Marionette】, ordered the wooden doll to charge straight at me.
At the same time, the unarmed woman possessing the Unique Skill,【Armor Create】, raised a hand toward the sky, causing countless patterns resembling magic circles to unfold in the air.
From between those patterns, the tips of expensive longswords and spears poked through… and were fired all at once.
The countless blades rushing toward me were sent back with【Void Magic】, integrated into【Axiom】.
I met the wooden doll’s fist head-on with my own, sending it flying far into the distance.
At this point, I activated【Dominion Magic】,【Thunder Eclipse】,【Void Magic】and【Parallel Casting】, all integrated into【Axiom】, intending to take down everyone except Angelica in one fell swoop.
I caused a rain of black lightning, powerful enough to incinerate everything except Divine Artifacts, to pour down from directly above their heads.
But another woman, possessing the Unique Skill,【Magic Absorb】, stopped it.
I was surprised by the sheer breadth of its effective range.
It looked as though every form of projectile magic had been completely nullified, but I felt no impatience.
Next, I would simply overwhelm them with brute force.
The instant I forcefully stepped forward, a deep crater was carved beneath my foot, with spiderweb-like cracks racing across the ground.
Immediately afterward, I was already standing right in front of〈Mighty Warriors〉.
But their focus wasn’t on me.
Even though I was right before their eyes, I realized that not a single one of them had turned their attention toward me.
Apparently, Agility exceeding 1.6 billion was enough to leave other people’s awareness behind where they stood.
If I had to put it into words…… it felt as though time had stopped.
And so, against these defenseless people, whose Divine Artifact effects had been nullified by【Anti-theosis】and whose enhancement skills had been sealed by【Enfeeble】, I continued to swing my blade mercilessly.
On top of my overwhelming speed, I even made use of【Warp】as a final measure, and before their awareness could turn toward me… I cut every last one of them, sending them to their graves.
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +5』
『Agility +6』
『Intelligence +5』
『Spirit +1』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
『Unique Skill Acquired【Marionette】』
『Unique Skill Acquired【Armor Create】』
『Unique Skill Acquired【Magic Absorb】』
For me, who had already learned and maxed out every skill a Hunter could acquire, the notifications announcing increases in my stats and the acquisition of Unique Skills were the happiest sounds of all.
And… only then did Angelica finally realize that her subordinates were dead.
“……Huh!? Wha……”
“Your subordinates are all dead now.”
I explained it to her carefully, but…
“W-What just happened? But you were over there just a moment ago……”
Angelica seemed completely unable to comprehend the situation.
But that had nothing to do with me.
“Hey. If you don’t want to suffer, hurry up and tell me where Rex is. It’ll be better for you that way.”
“Ugh……not yet! «Summon»『Shūten-dōji』!”
The space before me split open, and Shuten-dōji, whom I had encountered in America’s SS-Rank dungeon, crawled out through the rift.
Instantly, I used【Discernment】, integrated into【Māyā】, to view its status.
Its level and stats were on par with Angelica’s.
Its skill composition was exactly the same as the Shuten-dōji that had appeared in the SS-Rank dungeon… meaning it also possessed skills such as【Cratos】and【Tipsy Fog】.
So this was the power of Angelica’s Unique Skill【Pandemonium】.
What’s more, it even had the golden sake cup and pitch-black Kanabō, just as before.
It seemed to be an ability that summoned not merely the “monster itself”, but everything that constituted the “monster” as part of the monster.
But this was a monster I had already defeated once.
And compared to back then, I was now vastly stronger, so it posed absolutely no obstacle to me… it was nothing more than a small fry.
Shuten-dōji tipped back the golden sake cup and spat with a “Ptoo!”.
Immediately afterward, a dense fog rolled in, so thick that I couldn’t see even an inch ahead.
Then【Mistscape】activated, deceiving even【Omniscence】, and Shuten-dōji's presence melted into the dense fog and disappeared.
However, having seen through its location with【Māyā】, I severed Shuten-dōji's head in an instant.
When Shuten-dōji breathed its last and the dense fog cleared… I couldn’t help but widen my eyes.
There, an army of〈Carnage King〉Ashura was waiting silently.
Angelica was riding atop an Earth Dragon, looking down at me from above.
“What a complete waste of time……”
It was better than a worthless mob of countless enemies, but to me now, they were nothing more than fodder for enhancing the effect of【Peerless】, integrated into【Skanda】.
But I had no reason to humor them for long.
I’d end this in an instant and make her tell me where Rex was.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
She thought she got a new toy to play with…? Too bad, Yuito eats that toy for breakfast!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments