Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 62 — The American Army

After easily conquering the 4th S-Rank dungeon, the moment I teleported to the surface using the return magic circle…

An enormous army was waiting, surrounding the area in front of the entrance.


“W-What the…? What is this crowd? An army?”


The number of reactions detected by【Māyā】was so vast that counting them was already a nuisance.

People were packed together without the slightest gap, their overwhelming presence reminiscent of an impregnable castle wall.

And every single one of them had… raw killing intent dwelling in the depths of their eyes.

Their gazes were all focused on one point.

Me.

In other words, their objective was to kill me.

But I couldn't understand it.

Considering how many Hunters belonging to〈Violence Ruler〉I had killed, I could understand them gathering here for revenge.

But judging by what I could see with【Discernment】integrated into【Māyā】, there weren't merely Hunters below the upper ranks mixed in among them. There were even ordinary civilians who didn't possess a single skill.

In other words, all of America was treating me as an enemy.


“…The Guildmaster is almost certainly behind something like this.”


The terms of the Soul's Oath were for him to arrange a meeting between me and Rex, the Boss of〈Violence Ruler〉.

It hadn't prohibited hostile actions.


“I see… So America is going to become my enemy. If this is what the people want, then I'll deal with you until you're satisfied.”


I wouldn't show mercy even to ordinary civilians.

As a Hunter who had survived countless life-or-death situations, I had no room for such naivety.

Anyone who sought my life…

I would kill them all.

(E/N: Teki wa zenbu korosu! (I'll kill all of my enemies!) - that one white-haired, badass muhfugger. Btw, Yui best girl, prove me wrong 🤣)

I activated【Axiom】,【Skanda】,【Aegis】, and【Māyā】all at once.

Just in case, this was also meant to guard against a surprise attack by〈Mighty Warriors〉or〘Regalia〙.

I was going almost all-out from the very beginning.


“Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla. Stay here. I'll deal with them.”


~squirm~squirm~squirm~squirm~

~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~~


“Understood.”


I activated【Ward Magic】integrated into【Axiom】, covering Samael and the others with «Anti-Physical Barrier» and «Anti-Magic Barrier».

I took《Dáinsleif》from the《Magic Pouch》and stepped forward, one step at a time.

The surrounding air grew taut, filling with a razor-sharp tension.

Right now, their attention was focused on…

the longsword in my hand.

Of course, I would fight with the longsword as well, but cutting down every single one of them would be inefficient.

So I would begin with magic.

I activated【Dominion Magic】,【Composite Magic】, and【Parallel Casting】integrated into【Axiom】.

«Meteor Strike»

(E/N: “Stars streak across the sky.
          Dozens and dozens of them.
          Have you ever seen a shooting star?”

It's DeMa all over again!)


10 enormous magic circles floated overhead, and blue-burning meteors slowly began to peek out from within them.

With a fierce, heavenly roar, the meteors violently scorched the air as, slowly… but surely, their shadows spread over the heads of those below.


“WAAAAaaah!”


“R-Run-!”


“Use【Earth Magic】or【Ice Magic】to build barriers overhead!”


The killing intent from moments ago dissipated, and while most of them fled in panic, a few remained calm enough to generate «Land Walls» and «Frost Walls» overhead.

Against an opponent of equal strength, that might have been an effective strategy.

But I was a〘Regalia〙.

Barriers of their level were no obstacle whatsoever.

The barriers built overhead were easily smashed apart, swallowing the screams of those fleeing below whole…

and finally crashed into the ground.

A tremendous roar. Violent vibrations. Scorching heat spreading throughout the surroundings.

Just how many did I manage to eliminate with that single attack?


〜
〜
〜

『Level 180 UP』

『Magic Power +5』

『Strength +2』

『Endurance +2』

『Agility +2』

『Intelligence +5』

『Spirit +5』

『Dexterity +2』

『Luck +2』


My level had risen by 5 all at once.

But the notifications continued.


〜
〜
〜

『Level 190 UP』

『Magic Power +2』

『Strength +5』

『Endurance +1』

『Agility +5』

『Intelligence +6』

『Spirit +1』

『Dexterity +1』

『Luck +8』


My level had risen by 10 all at once.

Yet there was still no sign of the notifications stopping.


〜
〜
〜

『Level 200 UP』

『Magic Power +5』

『Strength +1』

『Endurance +1』

『Agility +1』

『Intelligence +5』

『Spirit +5』

『Dexterity +1』

『Luck +5』


The notifications finally stopped.

And then…


『Individual: Yuito Matsubara has reached Level 200』


『Conditions have been met. Individual: Yuito Matsubara shall evolve from『Battlefolk』Race to『Exalted』Race』


As I gazed at the devastation stretching out before me after the blue-flamed meteors had crashed down, the notifications changed from『Level Up』to『Race Evolution』.

My body began to glow faintly, and before long, the light gradually faded.


『Evolution complete. Having evolved into the『Exalted』Race, your internal organ functions and immunity have been further enhanced, in addition to granting you a lifespan of up to 1,000 years』


I had advanced to an even higher existence. My resistance to disease had been strengthened, and my lifespan had doubled.


『Instead of being satisfied with reaching the summit, the challenger continued to cross countless lines between life and death and reached the true summit. In recognition of their journey, the challenger has been awarded a title』


『Title Acquired〘Apex〙』


At last, all the notifications fell silent.

Even while I was focusing on the notifications appearing one after another, there should still have been plenty of enemies left.

I'll save the enjoyment for later…

First, I would annihilate every last one of them.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Efficient, I say! Let there be another genocide in this damned world… That came off wrong! My apologies!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing