Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 61 — Subjugating the Earth Dragon
After defeating 200 Tyrant Rexes, I discovered the entrance leading to the Boss room.
The trees curved gently to form a semicircle, creating a tunnel-like path. As I proceeded along it, I eventually emerged into an open area.
The moment I stepped toward the center, 11 spheres of light descended from above. 10 Tyrant Rexes, and one enormous monster.
The massive creature was covered from head to toe in earth-colored dragon scales, and its total length must have been around a 100 meters.
Its powerful yet flexible hind legs supported its overwhelming mass as though driving it into the earth.
Sharp dragon claws adorned its forearms, and even expensive armor would likely be torn apart with ease.
Inside its wide-open mouth, rows upon rows of blade-like teeth lined the depths. Its pitch-black, vertically slit pupils stared straight at me.
Its name was Earth Dragon.
Unlike Fire Dragon, Water Dragon, and Frost Dragon, it possessed a different attribute, but its individual combat strength was nothing special.
However, it had one skill I did not possess.
“…Even that makes it worth something.”
I left the Tyrant Rexes to Samael and the others, and closed the distance to the Earth Dragon.
《Dáinsleif》was in my right hand.
Just as I planted my foot firmly, intending to kill it with a single blow-!
The Earth Dragon slightly raised one of its heavy, massive feet and forcefully stomped it into the ground. Immediately afterward, violent tremors shook my entire body, causing my vision to sway wildly.
So this was the effect of the skill I did not possess:【Earthquake】.
The shaking was tremendous, making it impossible to maintain my sense of balance. I placed a hand on the ground and somehow managed to keep myself upright.
The Earth Dragon then cast【Earth Magic】at me. Countless earthen spears materialized around it and instantly fired in a volley.
I activated【Void Magic】integrated into【Axiom】and transferred myself behind the Earth Dragon, directly behind the back of its neck.
Using【Air Step】integrated into【Skanda】, I created a foothold in midair, lightly leaped, and slid the longsword across its neck.
Its thick neck was severed without the slightest resistance, and the Earth Dragon died instantly.
『Skill Acquired【Earthquake】Lv.8』
Afterward, Samael and the others also finished annihilating the Tyrant Rexes under their command, bringing the Dungeon Boss battle to an end.
As the Earth Dragon's corpse disappeared into particles of light, an extravagant treasure chest appeared from a rift in space.
I opened the lid and checked its contents. A large brown-glowing magic stone, sharply curved fangs, elastic hide, fragments of a finely detailed skeleton, and a small vial filled with red liquid were neatly arranged inside.
It was the same as with the Fire Dragon.
There were also two crystal-clear brown earrings.
I immediately picked them up and activated【Appraisal】.
━━━━━━━━━━
《Octad Aspis Earrings》
・Type: Earrings
・Effects:
① Continuously generates 8 «Rock Shields» around the wearer, each equipped with an automatic defense function;
※ The performance of the «Rock Shields» depends on the wearer's Endurance stat value.
② Indestructible;
③ Endurance +80, Dexterity +80
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━
This was good.
Not only could they generate Rock Shields with automatic defense without leaving any gaps, but since the Rock Shields' durability depended on my Endurance, they would not be shattered by any half-hearted attack.
I put the《Language Translation Earring》in my right ear and the《Octad Aspis Earrings》in my left. It seemed that if I wanted to deploy the Rock Shields, all I had to do was firmly grasp the earrings once.
“Come on, let's go home. Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla.”
I stored the corpses of the Tyrant Rexes in the《Magic Pouch》, called Samael and the others over, and headed toward the magic circle for returning to the surface.
What awaited us when we teleported to the surface was an endless army deployed around the dungeon entrance, completely encircling it.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
The effects remind me of a superhero mobile game where translucent shields rotate around the character 😂!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments