Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 60 — Order to Eliminate Hunter Matsubara
Around the time Yuito was conquering the 4th S-Rank dungeon, Guildmaster Johnson was at the headquarters of〈Violence Ruler〉.
It was not a room furnished with carefully selected pieces that Johnson himself had appraised and chosen. It was simply a glittering room that had been lavishly decorated with an excess of money, pursuing nothing but ostentatiousness.
There, Johnson was meeting with two〘Regalias〙and the〈Mighty Warriors〉.
After explaining the disastrous state of their other base and the extremely insolent threat he had received that morning, Johnson made his proposal to Rex.
“…That’s everything. I made the mistake of recruiting Hunter Matsubara because I highly valued his individual combat strength, but our values are fundamentally incompatible. To us, he is nothing but an obstacle. That is why I want you and Angelica to take care of Hunter Matsubara.”
Rex listened to Johnson with both arms draped over the back of the sofa, his body slouched heavily into it. Angelica sat with her legs crossed, listening with an unconcerned expression.
“I get it. Basically, whenever we try to do whatever we want, this Matsubara guy gets in our way, right?”
“In simple terms, yes.”
“He’s certainly an annoying little fly, but… I don’t lose anything even if however many disposable nobodies get killed. Besides, if all I wanted was to make money, being a Hunter is more than enough.”
“That may be true, but… every time you do whatever you want, he’ll interfere, won’t he? It’ll be unbearable having to deal with him.”
“That’s got nothing to do with me. I’ll keep doing whatever I want like always. Some nobody who just showed up isn’t even worth my time.”
“But if that happens, America will lose all of its high-ranking Hunters of A-Rank and above. Our national power will decline, and China and Russia will start looking down on us.”
“Hahaha, that won’t happen. No matter how many nameless nobodies die, America will remain the strongest as long as I’m here. Right?”
“That is true, but…”
“Jeez, what a pain… Ah, I’ve got a great idea!”
“What did you think of, Rex?”
“Use the media to announce that this nobody is ‘going around killing American Hunters’. Regardless of whether he’s captured alive or dead, or by what means, give an enormous reward to whoever takes him down. How about that?”
“The reward is certainly attractive, but he is still a〘Regalia〙. The difference in strength is obvious, so I doubt many people will try to kill him.”
“Then give a reward to everyone who participates, and give an additional reward to whoever lands the killing blow… Then even the ones dragging their feet will get moving.”
“Ah, yes. But that won’t accomplish the main objective — killing him, will it?”
“I know that. That’s why the nameless nobodies are only there to wear him down. You guys,〈Mighty Warriors〉or Angelica, will be the ones to finish him off.”
“Rex. Do I really need to go out there?”
“Just in case. First, we’ll have the disposable guys and〈Mighty Warriors〉take him on. If they still can’t beat him… Angelica, you finish him off.”
“If that’s the plan, sure.”
“That’s good enough, right, Johnson? We won’t even have to actually pay out the reward.”
“Yeah, let’s do it. I’ll immediately use the various media outlets to gather the Hunters.”
“Recruit volunteers from the military and police, too. We need to gather as many people as possible and wear him down.”
“Of course.”
When Johnson stood up, the members of〈Mighty Warriors〉and Angelica also rose to their feet.
And then, so did Rex.
“Why are you standing up too, Rex? You said you ‘don’t bother with nobodies’.”
“I’m not planning to fight him. But there’s no way I’m going to watch a spectacle this big through a TV screen! I’ve got to see how it all ends.”
“I see.”
After this, the『Hunter Matsubara Elimination Request』was announced on a massive scale through various media outlets and social media, along with an explanation of what had happened.
The participation reward was approximately $640,000… roughly 100 million yen.
An additional reward was promised to whoever landed the killing blow on Hunter Matsubara.
Upon learning the details, many people rose to the occasion, driven by the immediate reward or a twisted sense of justice, and began making their way toward the plaza in front of the S-Rank dungeon that Yuito was currently conquering.
The roads and subway system were swallowed by unprecedented congestion. Even so, one person after another joined in, and the human tide steadily swelled.
There were even ordinary civilians among them.
Most of the civilians and Hunters below A-Rank had come for the reward.
The S-Rank and above powerhouses, meanwhile, had come to slaughter Hunter Matsubara, who threatened the country, where they were free to do whatever they pleased.
From all across America — civilians, Hunters, soldiers, police officers. Those capable of fighting and those who were not, each carrying their own motives in their hearts, continued gathering in the plaza before the Dungeon.
Naturally, Yuito knew nothing about what was happening.
He had no idea that an army of more than 10,000 people intent on taking his life was quietly waiting just outside.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
I can't tell if this Rex guy has low intelligence or just a coward posing around as the strongest…
So there's no nationalism, that you're saying even though you sicced your own countrymen against a Demi-God like being, you don't care if the population decreases nor do you care that the strength of your own army may decrease drastically???
Yeah, I don't wanna hear this fool no more!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments