Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 59 — An Awkward Ride and a Resounding Roar

After taking a Soul's Oath with Guildmaster Johnson using the《Soul Covenant Sigil》, I headed toward the fourth S-Rank dungeon with Oliver driving.

The atmosphere inside the car was extremely awkward.

It was because I had grabbed the Guildmaster's neck; a hostile action, but I couldn't change my way of thinking, so there was nothing to be done.

I closed my eyes, as though ignoring the awkward atmosphere, and let some time pass.


“We've arrived, Hunter Matsubara.”


Oliver-san announced our arrival in his usual tone.

It was a relief that he could properly carry out his duties without letting his personal feelings get in the way.

Oliver got out of the driver's seat and opened the rear door for me.


“Thank you.”


As usual, I thanked him and got out of the car. I said, “I'm off”, then started walking without looking back.

I crossed the plaza under the gazes of the Hunters coming and going.

This time, no one bothered me.

Just having nothing troublesome happen lifted my mood, and my steps naturally became lighter.

I completed the entry procedures without any issues, then, just before passing through the entrance, I used【Void Magic】to teleport to Japan.

I brought Samael and the others out of the Troll's dungeon, then returned to America once more.

The moment I passed through the entrance, my surroundings changed completely.

Looking around, I saw coniferous trees towering toward the heavens and large ferns growing densely, making it almost impossible to see the sky.

The ground was covered in damp leaf litter, producing a dull, squelching sound whenever I stepped down.

And then, a deep rumbling echoed from somewhere in the distance.

The ground trembled faintly.

I proceeded by following the reactions detected by【Omniscence】, integrated into【Māyā】.

That said, Samael and the others were mowing down trees with their massive bodies, so prey drawn by the noise soon appeared on its own.

Stepping out from behind the trees was a carnivorous dinosaur whose massive size far exceeded the description in the encyclopedia.

It stood approximately 10 meters tall and was nearly 50 meters long.

Its two hind legs supporting its mountain-like body were so thick they could easily be mistaken for the trunks of giant trees.

Every time it took a step, the earth trembled.

Sharp teeth lined the mouth of its enormous head without a gap, while its golden eyes fixed themselves directly on…us.

Its name was Tyrant Rex.

There was one skill I didn't possess, but I already knew what its effect was.

The monsters that appeared in low-rank dungeons in Japan possessed the same skill. The only difference was that Tyrant Rex had a higher skill level.


GROOOOOAAAR!


Tyrant Rex opened its massive jaws wide and unleashed a thunderous【Roar】.

I drew《Dáinsleif》from my《Magic Pouch》and stepped forward with force.

In an instant, I closed the distance to the beast and swung sharply.

Its tough dragon hide was sliced through without resistance, and its enormous body was cleaved cleanly in two.


『Skill Acquired【Stampede】Lv.8』


I immediately activated【Voracity】and bit into its massive body.


『Luck +4』


“Good. Since this one doesn't have any particularly tricky abilities, let's quickly finish off the 200 kills. Go wild. Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla.”


~squirm~squirm~squirm~squirm~

~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~~


“Understood.”


♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢


~
~
~

『Level 175 UP』

『Magic Power +5』

『Strength +1』

『Endurance +8』

『Agility +1』

『Intelligence +5』

『Spirit +8』

『Dexterity +5』

『Luck +7』


I continued walking while searching for the entrance leading to the boss room, and before long, I had achieved the target of 200 kills.

However, I couldn't find the entrance anywhere, and just as I was starting to get annoyed, I discovered a place remarkably similar to the dungeon of the Werewolf King, Walpurgis, which I had conquered before.

The trees curved gently, forming a semicircle and creating a tunnel-like entrance leading to the Boss room.

Following the path by the light of torches burning at regular intervals, I eventually emerged into an open space where not a single tree or plant grew.

The moment I stepped toward the center, 11 spheres of light descended from above.

The battle with the Dungeon Boss had begun.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Yeah, not gonna praise Oliver for maintaining professional attitude 😂 He's in on the crimes too, if not direct.

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing