Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 57 — Incompatible Values
I cut off the limbs of the upper-tier Hunters at〈Violence Ruler's〉base, then pinned them to the floor and walls by driving in «Bloody Swords» formed through【Cruor Dominion】.
I had the excess blood absorbed by《Dáinsleif》to aid its growth.
Eventually, the death cries echoing throughout the building ceased, and silence returned.
I approached one of the men I had incapacitated using【Mercy Strike】, integrated into【Skanda】, and began interrogating him.
“If you don't want to die, answer only what I ask. If you say anything unnecessary, I'll kill you immediately. Understand?”
“…Yeah.”
“How many bases does your organization have?”
“This is our only base.”
“…You're telling the truth?”
“I-I am!”
“Then are all your members here?”
“Not all of them. There are several people I haven't seen today. We don't exactly arrange specific times to gather here.”
“So that means some of them are spending time with their families at home or roaming out?”
“That’s right.”
“Where is your Boss, Rex?”
“I don't know. The Boss only shows up here occasionally. We've never been told anything about where he lives or anything like that.”
“I see… That tells me everything I need to know.”
“I-I told you everything honestly! So please don't kill me!”
“That's true… Then you've never oppressed the weak even once, have you? Answer honestly.”
“T-That…”
“The fact that you can't answer immediately means you have something to hide. Have you ever listened to the words of your victims?”
“……”
“That's a shame.”
CRUNCH!
Without hesitation, I stomped through the man's head.
『Level 173 UP』
『Magic Power +2』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +6』
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +2』
『Spirit +3』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +9』
Inside the silent building, there were more than several hundred corpses scattered across the floor and walls, their limbs severed and their bodies pinned in place.
It was quite the scene from hell.
Even the women (E/N: bad guys ofc) were treated the same way without mercy, their limbs severed and their bodies pinned in place.
I walked through the blood-soaked building, collecting their equipment and possessions.
After looking through all the other rooms, I didn't find anything of particularly great value, but there were about three large safes, so I forced them open.
Inside was quite a substantial amount of money.
It was probably money they had continually stolen from their victims.
I hadn't decided what to do with it yet, but I collected it for the time being.
“Well, since I don't know where Rex is, there's nothing more I can do for now… Wait, the Guildmaster might know. But I'm already tired for today. I'll continue tomorrow.”
It was already late.
I took the victims with me and used【Void Magic】to teleport to my residence.
Using the translation function on my phone, I told the victims that they could either return home, rest here, or do whatever they wanted.
After telling them that, I headed to the bathroom.
I washed away the sweat and blood with a shower, then soaked in the bathtub to loosen the tension in my body.
When I returned to the bedroom and sank into the soft, fluffy bed, my consciousness quickly descended into darkness.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
Around the time Yuito was visiting〈Violence Ruler's〉base, Oliver had arrived at the Hunter Guild headquarters and was sitting across from Guildmaster Johnson.
“I see… Hunter Matsubara went to our base…”
“Yes. Judging from the atmosphere there, the Hunters who were at the base have probably…”
“Oliver, bring the car around. I can't decide how to respond without seeing it with my own eyes.”
“Understood.”
Johnson left the office and the Guild headquarters, then headed toward the entertainment district with Oliver driving.
The two arrived in front of the base.
The moment Oliver opened the double doors slightly, an overpowering stench of blood rushed into his nostrils.
The two S-Rank Hunters immediately realized what had happened.
When Oliver opened the doors all the way, a gruesome sight spread before them.
Every corpse had its limbs severed and was pinned to the floor or walls with blood-red swords.
“…Your prediction was right, Oliver.”
“Yes. After seeing this, Hunter Matsubara's objective is obvious. He intends to annihilate〈Violence Ruler〉.”
“That kind of value system is typical of a Japanese person sheltered by peace. As expected, we're fundamentally incompatible…”
(E/N: What the actual frick does that even mean?)
“I think that's unavoidable. Values are shaped by the environment in which a person is born and raised, as well as by the people around them.”
“Indeed. But what a waste. To think that someone with individual combat power capable of conquering an SS-Rank dungeon, like Rex or Angelica, would be a weakling who sympathizes with worthless weaklings.”
“How shall we deal with Hunter Matsubara?”
“I don't care that he slaughtered them all. But we can't allow him to destroy〈Violence Ruler〉. That said, we can't ignore Hunter Matsubara's combat value either. We'll start with a warning.”
“Understood… And if he refuses?”
“It's unfortunate, but we'll have no choice but to kill him. He'll become an obstacle to us. Rex and Angelica will probably have to deal with him.”
“Then we'll proceed accordingly.”
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Deal with him? Please, keep your nonsense to yourself, Mr. Johnson!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments