Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 56 — Barrier of Judgment and the Laughing Demon Sword

After healing the child and the man who had been victimized, I was about to go help the women when the men who had guided me to the base blocked my path.

Apparently, they weren't stupid either. They had seen through the fact that I had never intended to join them in the first place.

They had probably lured me into a base filled with their comrades, intending to finish me off there.

But right now, neither〈Thirteen Warriors〉nor the〘Regalia〙were anywhere nearby.

I didn't know whether they had any way to turn this situation around, but if I let these guys live, they would become a nuisance later on.

So I decided to slaughter them all.

I deployed «Disconnection Barrier» from【Ward Magic】, integrated into【Axiom】, completely cutting off all connection from outside.

I approached the men who had guided me here.

One step, then another, I silently closed the distance.

The men pulled easy-to-handle knives and daggers from their《Magic Pouches》and quickly assumed combat positions.

I simply walked toward them, completely defenseless.

The tension in the air mounted……

-until the silence reached its breaking point.


“Guh…! HRAAAH!”


Unable to bear it any longer, one of the men lunged forward with a knife in hand. The blade was sharp as it flashed toward my neck.

But a simple physical attack was useless against me.

Ignoring the wide-eyed man, I grabbed his wrist.

I took the knife from him and swiftly cut off both of his arms.


“GYAAAAAAH!”


Fresh blood sprayed from the wounds. His scream echoed throughout the room.

I interfered with the blood flowing from his wounds using【Cruor Dominion】, forming a «Bloody Sword».

I kicked the man onto his back and drove the sword through both of his legs.


“You bastard!”


“I'll fucking kill you!”


“Don't get cocky, you little shit!”


The remaining men moved all at once.

Precise slashes aimed at vital points flashed through the air, with multiple blades closing in simultaneously.

I abandoned defense entirely and focused solely on counterattacking.

However…

I would not inflict wounds that would result in instant death.

The gruesome scene I had witnessed earlier resurfaced in my mind.

It was precisely because they possessed a certain degree of strength that they had found pleasure in tormenting and abusing others.

There must have been countless victims before now.

Their pride had been tarnished, they had wept in suffering, screamed in pain…

And eventually lost their lives in despair.

That was why I would make them experience the same thing.

I seized the weapons thrust toward me one after another and cut off arms and legs.

Using【Cruor Dominion】, I formed «Bloody Swords» from the blood pouring from their wounds, pinning the men to the ground one after another.


“Everyone, get him!”


“Don't worry about damaging the building! If we don't kill this bastard here, Brother Rex will kill us!”


“Let loose with your magic, too!”


The Hunters went all-out to kill me, disregarding the damage they caused to their surroundings. The atmosphere around them changed.

I immediately sensed it and prioritized rescuing the women who had been victimized.

Using «Teleportation» from【Void Magic】, integrated into【Axiom】, I instantly moved to their side.

I used【Dominion Magic】and【Ward Magic】, completing their healing and protection.

Now I could torment these bastards without holding back.

The Hunters simultaneously activated【Herculean Strength】,【Rampartification】 and【Dash】, enhancement-type skills with no time limit, and charged at me with their respective weapons.

A double-bladed axe came crashing down toward my head, a long spear aimed at my heart, and a dagger approached from behind.

But… not a single one of their blades could injure me.

I immediately turned around and took the dagger.

I repeatedly activated【Warp】, integrated into【Axiom】, cutting off the arms and legs of those surrounding me one after another.


“AgAH…”


“AHHH, it huRTS!”


“Damn it! Why aren't our attacks working…?!”


Well, I could understand why they were bewildered.

I had no proof, but… even Rex and Angelica probably didn't possess any Extra Skills based on nullification.

It would be a different story if they possessed Unique Skills of that type, but to properly create an Extra Skill, they would need the《Orb of Skill Paragon》.

And there was only one of that in the entire world.

That meant the only things they should possess were the limited『Physical Attack Nullification』and『Magic Attack Nullification』contained within the effects of〘Transcendent〙.

They could nullify attacks from B-Rank Hunters and below, but attacks from A-Rank and S-Rank Hunters should normally work.

As for their stats, an S-Rank Hunter had around 1,000, while someone possessing the〘Regalia〙had around 1,500…

With me being the exception, there wasn't actually that huge a difference.

Taking Unique Skills and Divine Artifacts into account, there was certainly a considerable gap in actual combat power.

Even so, it was impossible for their attacks to be completely ineffective.

That was why they couldn't hide their shock, though, of course, they probably didn't understand the situation in this much detail.

I quietly looked down at the men sprawled across the floor.


“How does it feel to go from the ones doing the tormenting to the ones being tormented? Well, it doesn't really matter.”


Before I had even finished speaking, clusters of «Land Spears» and «Ice Swords» came flying in from all around.

From overhead, «Icicle Rain» poured down, unleashing an all-direction concentrated attack that left no avenue of escape.

……Yet I was unharmed.


“What…?”


“How… How can you…”


“Shit! We're getting the hell out of here! The only way we can beat this guy is to regroup with Brother Rex!”


The Hunters scattered and fled.

But it was already too late.

There was nowhere to escape from within «Disconnection Barrier».

I took《Dáinsleif》from my《Magic Pouch》and let it absorb the blood flowing from the Hunters writhing in agony, pinned to the ground, strengthening the sword.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Dáinsleif》

・Type: Longsword

・Effects:

    ① A magic sword that absorbs the blood of those it kills and grows stronger;

    ② It acquires the skills possessed by its victims, and any skills acquired by the sword can also be used by its wielder;

    ③ Indestructible (UNLOCKED);

    ④ Strength +150, Dexterity +150

・Rank: Common → Mythic

・Condition: Normal → Good

━━━━━━━━━━


To me, they were nothing but small fry, but an S-Rank Hunter was a〘Transcendent〙powerhouse.

For《Dáinsleif》, they seemed to be the finest nourishment imaginable.

Whether it still had room to grow… there were plenty of perfect prey nearby to find out.

I used【Māyā】to increase my Agility tenfold, and while their limbs were still severed, I drained their blood while keeping them alive.

Screams echoed throughout the inside of the building.

For quite some time afterward…

A mournful melody continued to play as the Hunters begged for their lives amid the pain and suffering of having their blood drained.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Dáinsleif, the God-Killer I guess?

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing