Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 54 — Vulgar Laughter and Cries of Agony

The massive organization that ruled America,〈Violence Ruler〉.

Having reaffirmed my resolve to bring down these ruthless and barbaric bastards, I spoke to Oliver.


“Mr. Oliver, I need you to translate for me.”


“Huh? Ah, yes.”


I told Oliver in Japanese what message I wanted him to convey to them.

Oliver’s eyes widened. The men looked at us suspiciously.


「Hey! What are you two talking abou-!」


Just as the men, having lost patience, were about to raise their voices, Oliver calmly opened his mouth.


「Hunter Matsubara has a message for you. ‘Let me join〈Violence Ruler〉as well’.」


The men were speechless for a moment.


「…Of all things, that’s what you have to say? After killing so many of our comrades, you want to join us… Don’t screw with us! There’s no way we’d accept you as one of us!」


As expected, the men were furious.


「He says, ‘I understand why you hate me after your comrades were killed. If I were in your position, I’d feel the same way. But this is America.
…
In a country that says "might makes right", which side is in the right — the victorious me, or the comrades of the defeated?’」


「Th-that’s… But how the hell are we supposed to just sit back after our comrades were killed?!」

(E/N: Bi*ch, pray you're not one of those stupid comrades of yours right now.)


「He says, ‘If "might makes right", then why are you avenging the defeated? By any measure, the ones who lost are the ones in the wrong. You yourselves have taken things through strength and forced your will through strength, haven’t you?’.」


“………”


「He says, ‘If you still object, then let’s settle this with strength’.」


No more words were necessary.

Now, what would they do?

As a heavy silence descended over the room, one of the men finally spoke.


「…Fine. But for us to recognize you as one of our own, you’ll need to meet Rex-san. We’ll take you to our headquarters now.」


「He says, ‘Understood’.」


That concluded our exchange with the men, with Oliver acting as interpreter.

Then Oliver turned his gaze toward me.


“Hunter Matsubara. Why are you joining〈Violence Ruler〉?”

(E/N: Wait, don't be a goody-two-shoes all of a sudden, brother!)


He was trying to discern my true intentions.


“Well… I was simply curious about how a massive organization with two〘Regalia〙and the Guildmaster among its members is actually run. That’s all. Simple curiosity.”


“…Is that really true?”


“It is.”


“…I see.”


Oliver looked as though he wanted to say something, but he kept it to himself.


“All right. Then follow me.”


We each paid our own bills and all headed outside.

Oliver said he had business at the Hunter Guild headquarters, so we went our separate ways there.

I followed the men deeper into the entertainment district.

Gradually, the people disappeared, and even the lights were swallowed by the darkness.

Before long, the largest building I had ever seen appeared before us. Like some giant, it loomed in our path, completely blocking the way.


“So this is the headquarters of〈Violence Ruler〉.”


There were numerous presences inside the building. Most of them were probably upper-tier Hunters, A-Rank or higher.

There were no guards in sight. Naturally. If the place was filled with powerful people, there was no need for anyone to protect them.

Besides, there probably wasn't anyone reckless enough to pick a fight with this organization.

Except me.

I pushed open the large double doors and followed the men guiding me inside.

Beneath the building’s lavish interior, Hunters were indulging in every desire imaginable — alcohol, food, gambling, women, and unidentified drugs.

As I surveyed the surroundings, I used【Discernment】, which had been integrated into【Māyā】, to examine each person in detail.

…The information is accurate. Every one of them is A-Rank or higher.

But what a horrible sight.

Some drank alcohol as though bathing in it. Others shouted obnoxiously while gambling.

Some gang-ra*ed ordinary women and female Hunters in groups, then kept them drugged. Others tormented men and children while they were still alive.

The victims’ cries of agony and the perpetrators’ laughter mingled together.

It was a sight I didn't want to look at.

The perpetrators and victims alike had nothing to do with me. Even so, I couldn't simply stand by and watch this unfold before my eyes.

As I thought, these people are a menace to America, no, to the entire world.

I had already decided to kill every last one of them.

But first…

I would stop those who preyed on the weak.

And then, treat the victims.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

First of all! Oliver is a big hypocrite!

Second, this isn't just heinous crime but a war crime! Jarvis, wipe these mfrs from the face of Earth!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing