Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 53 — One Man, Baring His Fangs

After finishing today’s dungeon exploration, I was enjoying some drinks and food in a corner of the entertainment district when I suddenly found myself surrounded by the men who had been there before me.

Oliver, who had been sitting with me, tried to settle things peacefully, doing his best to reason with them, but the men showed no sign of backing down.

Realizing that this was getting nowhere, I stood up, causing the men to recoil for a moment.

But in the very next instant, they mentioned the name of their organization:〈Violence Ruler〉.

Apparently, the men were Hunters belonging to〈Violence Ruler〉, and its Boss was none other than Rex, one of the〘Regalia〙.

Curious, I turned to Oliver beside me and asked.


“Mr. Oliver. What exactly is〈Violence Ruler〉?”


“Before dungeons became a reality, they would have been called a criminal organization. Now, I’m not sure what the proper term would be… It is a massive organization to which most of America’s upper-tier Hunters belong.”


“I see. So an organization like that exists. When you say upper-tier Hunters, I assume all of its members are A-Rank or higher, right? With that much power, I wouldn’t think they’d have any need to engage in crime or make money through illicit means.”


“An understandable question. However, they are said to have been formed to exploit the weak through illicit businesses unrelated to the Hunter trade, such as trafficking in stimulants and money lending.
…
They seek pleasure not from violence itself, but from causing suffering in other ways… the agonized expressions and cries of the heart.”


…What a bunch of irredeemable scumbags.

They could no longer be satisfied with the pleasure of trampling others through violence, so they had found gratification in inflicting pain and fear from different angles…

Human desire truly has no limits.

And at the head of those scoundrels was Rex.

As someone who had been chosen by a powerful Unique Skill and risen all the way to the position of〘Regalia〙, I honestly acknowledged the effort it must have taken, as someone who stood in the same position.

But if he was using that power to trample upon others, then as someone who possessed power himself, I absolutely could not forgive him.

That power should be directed toward monsters, in order to protect the people.


“Mr. Oliver. Aren’t the police or the Hunter Guild doing anything about〈Violence Ruler〉?”


“Most of the upper-tier Hunters belong to them. We simply can’t match them in terms of organizational strength. Besides, Guildmaster Johnson also belongs to〈Violence Ruler〉.”


Indeed, Johnson was also a fighter with strength equivalent to an S-Rank Hunter. It wasn't surprising that he belonged to them.


“Then what about the other〘Regalia〙, Ms. Angelica as well?”


“Yes.”


I see.

With both the pinnacle of Hunters and the head of the Guild belonging to the organization, there was no one in America at present capable of defeating them.

If they were left unchecked, ordinary citizens without power and Hunters below the upper tiers would be oppressed and exploited for the rest of their lives.

Perhaps even children were being targeted…

Earlier, I had said that present-day America lacked the power to oppose〈Violence Ruler〉.

But…

I was here.

I was now a Hunter of America.

I had the right to change the state of my own country.

First, I would use these guys as a foothold and tear〈Violence Ruler〉apart.

I would be taking on two〘Regalia〙who had cleared SS-Rank dungeons, but…

I would defeat them.

And so.

One〘Regalia〙, lamenting the state of America, rose to his feet alone.

〈Violence Ruler〉, commanding two〘Regalia〙and a large number of upper-tier Hunters.

The two factions were about to clash in America, the great Hunter nation.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

That's why Yuito turned to America! Give em' hell!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing