Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 52 — A Spark in the Entertainment District

I headed to the Hunter Guild Headquarters to report on my successful clearing of the SS-Rank dungeon.

After finishing my report to the Guildmaster, I went outside to where Oliver was waiting and asked him to take me to a place where I could enjoy some drinks and food.

After driving for a little while, the car stopped in front of a large building.

I followed Oliver toward the entrance.

After showing my Hunter ID to the security guards, I was allowed inside without any problems.

The lighting inside was somewhat dim.

Tables and chairs were arranged around a central stage, while women dressed in revealing outfits that showed off their shoulders, cleavage, thighs, and so on, leaned close to the customers.

The customers had expensive drinks and snacks spread across their tables, all of them grinning lecherously.


“Mr. Oliver. This place seems to be more about the drinks. Is the food… any good?”


“Rest assured. They do serve proper meals as well.”


“I see…”


I took a seat at an empty table with Oliver, and a waiter came over to take our orders.


“Hunter Matsubara. For an additional fee, we can have a woman sit with you at your table. Would you like that?”


“Hmm… I’ll pass today.”


“Understood.”


Today, I decided to enjoy the drinks and food purely for their own sake, without any flirting with women.

I ordered a glass of something easy to drink, along with a hamburger and steak, and eagerly devoured them as soon as they arrived.

Oliver ordered whatever he liked as well.

As Oliver was also an S-Rank Hunter, our conversation naturally turned to dungeons.

While we were discussing the stats and combat methods of the monsters that appeared in SS-Rank dungeons, a woman wearing only her underwear emerged from the back.

When she reached the center of the stage, she struck one alluring pose after another, trying to captivate the customers.

But she wore an uneasy expression, and the atmosphere inside the establishment was somehow lacking in excitement.

I quickly realized why.

The customers inside were glaring at me with murderous intent.

They were staring daggers at me while I continued enjoying my food and drinks without a care.

When I looked at them with【Discernment】, which had been integrated into【Māyā】, I saw that every one of them possessed strength equivalent to an A-Rank or S-Rank Hunter.

Well, I understood why they were so hostile.

I'd killed plenty of their comrades, after all. It wasn't surprising that they considered me their sworn enemy.

But as long as they didn't make the first move, I had no intention of harming them.

If nothing happened, no lives would have to be needlessly lost… that was what I thought, anyway.

But then several men pushed away the women beside them and stood up, heading toward the table where Oliver and I were sitting.

Oliver quietly stood up.


“Everyone, there are uninvolved civilians here. Could I ask you to refrain from causing trouble?”


His voice was calm, yet unwavering as he tried to stop them.

However…


「Huh? That doesn't concern us. This bastard has killed a whole lot of our comrades. If we just sit back and watch, we'd have no face to show our fallen comrades.」


“What I am asking is that you consider the time and place. Hunters live by survival of the fittest. If you wish to enforce your justice through violence, that is your prerogative. But do not involve people who have nothing to do with this.”


Oh… Oliver is surprisingly reasonable.

His belief that "might makes right" didn't seem to have changed, but apparently, he believed that such matters should be settled between the parties involved.

What Oliver was saying was mostly correct. Surely they would understand-


「Cowards should stay out of this! Or do you want us to kill you along with him?」


-or not. Apparently, they had no intention of backing down.

This was going to cause more trouble for the establishment and its employees if it continued. Perhaps we should move somewhere else…

Just as I stood up from my seat-


「Oh? So you're ready to fight too? But are you sure about that? I'm a Hunter belonging to〈Violence Ruler〉, where Brother Rex reigns as the Boss. If you defy me, you're defying Brother Rex himself, you know?」


A strange organization name had just come up.

Rex, one of the〘Regalia〙, reigning as its Boss…?

That caught my interest.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

First Thirteen Warriors, then Mighty Warriors, now this crap?! These people are lame as hell!

Also, I hate when my schedule/routine goes haywire! I returned from a different city to my home city and thought I would have lots of free time but still I got busy. And I couldn't upload as promised… Apologies are in order!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing