Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 51 — God of Might, God of Command, and God of Arms

After casually clearing the third S-Rank dungeon, I headed to the Hunter Guild headquarters with Oliver driving, in order to report on the SS-Rank dungeon.

Upon arriving at the Guild headquarters, I passed the reception desk and boarded the elevator.

I knocked on the door of the Guildmaster’s office on the top floor, and after receiving permission from the room’s occupant, I entered.


“Hunter Matsubara, please come this way.”


“Excuse me.”


The Guildmaster gestured for me to take a seat on the sofa in the reception area. I sat down and leaned back against the cushions.


“So, how was it? The SS-Rank dungeon?”


The Guildmaster got straight to the point.


“Hm? Didn’t Mr. Oliver report to you?”


“No, I did receive a report. However, I wanted to hear about the SS-Rank dungeon directly from you, Hunter Matsubara.”


“…I see. Of course, I successfully cleared the SS-Rank dungeon.”


“Oh, as expected of you, Hunter Matsubara. You seemed to be taking things quite cautiously, but your strength is the real deal after all.”


The Guildmaster acknowledged my strength as one of the〘Regalia〙, but apparently, he had been trying to determine whether I truly possessed enough power to clear an SS-Rank dungeon and whether I was on par with the other two〘Regalia〙.


“Thank you. Having actually cleared it myself, I was once again able to appreciate just how powerful Mr. Rex and Ms. Angelica really are.”


“They are the two who lead America, the great Hunter nation, so I had assumed they were stronger than the〘Regalia〙of other countries. However, it seems I need to revise that assessment after what happened this time.”


“Indeed… The SS-Rank dungeon Bosses are formidable, but the Hunters known as the〘Regalia〙are genuine monsters as well.”


I knew that because I had fought China’s〘Regalia〙, Wang Haoran, directly.

And most likely, Ekaterina, Russia’s〘Regalia〙was the same way…

…Wait, come to think of it.

SS-Rank dungeons had appeared in China too, hadn't they? And if I remember correctly, in India as well.

Those two countries had no〘Regalia〙, meaning they lacked the military strength to counter SS-Rank dungeons.

I had already been to China once, so I could act there immediately, but India was another matter.

Right now, I wanted to concentrate on clearing America’s dungeons, and honestly, I simply didn't have the capacity to deal with everything else.

I was the cause of the SS-Rank dungeons appearing. There was no point denying that.

But for now, they would simply have to endure with the strength of their own countries somehow.

They didn't have a〘Regalia〙, but they had a large Hunter population. Surely a country wouldn't be destroyed that easily… I could only hope.


“By the way, you mentioned that we〘Regalia〙would be given a separate designation. Have you decided what form that will take?”


“Yes, we have. We already had a draft prepared, but the SS-Rank dungeon suddenly appeared, so we decided it would be better to wait until we saw the outcome before finalizing it.”


“I see. Then could you tell me about it?”


“Of course. Rex, Angelica, and Hunter Matsubara will be collectively known as the〈Trinity〉.”


Well, damn… That's quite the edgy name. Still, I didn't dislike it.


“We have also defined what kind of God each of the three represents. First, Rex. Because he possesses overwhelming individual combat power, he will be the『God of Might』.
…
Next, Angelica. Because she excels in group combat and magic, she will be the『God of Command』.
…
And finally, Hunter Matsubara. Because you possess high individual combat power while also commanding contracted monsters, each equivalent to a〘Regalia〙, you will be the『God of Arms』. What do you think?”


“…Yes, I think it’s good.”


I was more interested in the reasoning behind the names than the "divine" titles themselves.

Apparently, Rex possessed overwhelming individual combat power, but his Unique Skill was probably some kind of enhancement-type ability.

It shouldn't be the sort that materialized or controlled natural phenomena, or interfered directly with the laws of the world.

I assumed it was simply a type that massively increased his stats, but perhaps the enhancement multiplier was absurdly high, or maybe he possessed some other outrageous ability.

If I were to compare him to an SS-Rank dungeon, I would say he was something like〈Carnage King〉Ashura.

As for Angelica, if she excelled in group combat and was associated with "Magic", then it was probably because of "Magic Spells" or "Summoned Monsters".

Perhaps she possessed magic capable of annihilating or strengthening large numbers of targets, or perhaps she had a skill that allowed her to control and strengthen monsters.

If I were to compare her to an SS-Rank dungeon, she would be the〈Mother of All Monsters〉Echidna.


“What designation will the other members of the〈Thirteen Warriors〉receive?”

“They will be renamed the〈Mighty Warriors〉. They may not reach the level of Gods, but the name carries the meaning of "Heroes capable of defeating a thousand enemies alone".”


“When will it be announced?”


“We are planning to announce it tomorrow morning.”


“Understood. I’m starting to get hungry, so I’ll take my leave. Sorry to bother you while you’re busy.”


“Not at all, don’t worry about it. We’ll contact you as soon as the examination and analysis of the SS-Rank monster are complete.”


“Understood. Well then, excuse me.”


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

This was one hell of a chapter to translate! But honestly, y'all need not worry about the new titles, you'll understand why very soon…

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing