Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 50 — Subjugating the Ancient Kraken
〜
〜
〜
『Level 170 UP』
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +2』
『Endurance +8』
『Agility +3』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +2』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
『Skill【Sea Dominion】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Black Mist】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
As planned, I had successfully defeated 200 Krakens.
The effect of【Soul Eater】raised my stats by the equivalent of 20 Krakens, and then the effect of【Voracity】stacked on top of that, further strengthening me.
The Krakens' skills had also reached their maximum levels, and just like when I fought the Water Dragon in China, a small island appeared in the middle of the vast ocean.
I crossed the ice sheet and landed on the island, when suddenly, 11 orbs of light rained down from above and sank into the surface of the sea.
The moment silence returned, 10 Krakens emerged from beneath the water, and alongside them was a monster that was twice as large as a Kraken, its body covered in pitch-black flesh.
Its name was Ancient Kraken.
Its skill composition was exactly the same as that of a Kraken. The only differences were its higher stats and skill levels.
For me, having overcome the fierce battles against Typhon and Asura, even a Hero Killer of this caliber was not worthy of being called a threat.
“Sorry for the anticlimactic ending, but I'll finish this in an instant.”
I activated【Dominion Magic】, which had been integrated into【Axiom】, along with【Parallel Casting】, and unleashed «Thunder Rain» upgraded into black lightning.
The magic circle that had appeared overhead began to shine, and a deafening thunderclap tore through the atmosphere.
Countless bolts of black lightning struck the Ancient Krakens directly, and in the very next moment, every last one of them had been reduced to cinders, black smoke rising from their remains.
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +2』
『Endurance +8』
『Agility +3』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +2』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
The vast ocean gradually turned red with Kraken blood.
Because the Ancient Krakens' corpses had been reduced to cinders, there was no sight of them disappearing as particles of light, as was characteristic of a Boss.
Instead, a lavish treasure chest emerged from a rift in space that had opened like a crack on the surface of the island.
When I opened the lid, mixed in with materials such as the Ancient Kraken's mana stone and tentacles (edible), was a glass vial containing a crimson liquid that swayed gently inside.
“I've seen this before… Could it be…?”
━━━━━━━━━━
《Ancient Sea Demon's Boosted Potion》
・Type: Consumable Item
・Effect:
① A secret potion made using a copious amount of blood of the ancient, King of Sea Demons, the Ancient Kraken;
② Endurance +80, Spirit +80 and Dexterity +80 permanently once entire potion is consumed.
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━
So I was right.
It was the same reward I had obtained after defeating〈Colossus King〉Chrysaor, the dungeon Boss of one of Russia's upper-tier S-Rank dungeons.
The stats it increased were different.
Chrysaor's《Boosted Potion》increased Strength, Endurance, and Spirit, whereas this one increased Endurance, Spirit, and Dexterity stats.
That said, the amount of the increase was the same, so I had no particular complaints.
I drank the entire concoction and stored the Boss's materials in the《Magic Pouch》.
Taking Samael and the others with me, I teleported to the surface using the return magic circle.
Outside, the curtain of night had already fallen.
The bustling atmosphere from before entering the dungeon was nowhere to be seen. The plaza was completely silent, with no sign of anyone other than the Guild staff.
The corpses of the Hunters I had killed had been cleared away, leaving behind only the blood-splattered stone-paved road.
I used【Void Magic】to move to the Troll dungeon, released Samael and the others to roam freely, and then returned to America.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.”
“Good work, Hunter Matsubara.”
I reunited with Oliver and headed to the Guild branch office.
Through Oliver, I sold the materials from ten Krakens and the Ancient Kraken.
Everything proceeded smoothly, and the purchase price came to $7,628,977, approximately 1.2 billion yen.
“Hunter Matsubara. Would you like to have a meal now? Or shall we head to your home?”
“No, please take me to the Hunter Guild headquarters. I have a report to make to the Guild Master.”
“About the SS-Rank dungeon?”
“That’s right.”
“Understood.”
Oliver opened the door for me, and I got into the back seat.
The car quietly set off, making its way through night-time America toward the Hunter Guild headquarters.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
We definitely ought to farm this and that Colossus Boosted Potion to regain the previous status!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments