Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 49 — Appraising the Divine Artifacts

After finishing my examination of the SS-Rank dungeon and the details of the new skills I had just obtained from the Kraken, I took Divine Artifacts out of the《Magic Pouch》.

First up.

It was the long spear once wielded by Kïr, once a member of Russia’s〈Semi-Tsar〉.

Holding it in my hand, I activated【Appraisal】.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Longinus》

・Type: Long Spear

・Effects:

    ① Can extend and retract without limit;

    ② The power of its thrust while extending depends on the wielder’s Strength stat;

    ③ No matter how far it extends, its power does not diminish, regardless of the environment;

    ④ Indestructible;

    ⑤ Strength +80, Dexterity +80

・Rank: Mythical

・Condition: Good

━━━━━━━━━━

(E/N: 😏)

Its ability reminded me of the『Nyoi-bō』wielded by the protagonist of some Saiyan manga.

(E/N: It's the staff equipped by Son Goku in DBZ given to him by Gohan. The staff was inspired by legendary staff of the Chinese Monkey King, Sun Wukong.)

It could be used to strike down distant enemies with sharp thrusts whose power never diminishes, or shortened to a certain length and concealed up one’s sleeve for use as a concealed weapon.

In terms of versatility, it might be one of the finest Divine Artifacts there is.

Second.

The large shield once wielded by Zahaar, another member of the〈Semi-Tsar〉.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Palladium》

・Type: Tower Shield

・Effects:

    ① Completely blocks impacts, heat, cold, and the like. However, the power of shield charge or attacks from user's side itself remain unchanged;

    ② Indestructible;

    ③ Endurance +80, Dexterity +80

・Rank: Mythical 

・Condition: Good

━━━━━━━━━━


Completely blocking the impact of physical attacks and the aftereffects of magic attacks was undeniably powerful, but its weakness was that it could only protect one side.

If I were hit head-on by a wide-area annihilation spell, I would have no choice but to endure whatever spilled beyond the shield with my base stats and resistance skills.

If I were surrounded, I would practically be finished.

Incidentally, to verify the【Appraisal】, I had Nox be my test subject.

Third.

It was the longsword wielded by Vlas, one of the〈Semi-Tsars〉and the mastermind behind the attack operation targeting me.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Arondight》

・Type: Longsword

・Effects:

    ① Capable of cleaving through resistance-type or nullification-type skills, unless they originate from Unique Skills and/or Divine Artifacts;

    ② Indestructible;

    ③ Strength +80, Dexterity +80

・Rank: Mythical

・Condition: Good

━━━━━━━━━━


Simply put, it was strong.

Although I had been weakened beforehand through divine intervention, it seemed that the reason Vlas had been able to inflict such grievous wounds on me was precisely because of this Divine Artifact’s effect.

Resistance-type skills such as【Impact Resistance】,【Slash Resistance】, and【Pierce Resistance】, and even【Inviolable】, could all be pierced by the blade of《Arondight》.

To withstand a slash from this sword, one’s base Endurance would have to be extraordinarily high.

For the time being, the《Soul Harvest》was more than sufficient, but when the time came to stake everything on a single attack, I would likely rely on the power of《Arondight》.

Fourth.

The second Divine Artifact Vlas possessed,《Balor’s Scorn》.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Balor’s Scorn》

・Type: Voluntary Activation Item

・Effects:

   ① Halves each of the target’s stat values and renders all of their skills unusable. However, only one target can be diminished at an instance;

   ※ Activated by infusing the item with mana.

   ② Indestructible.

・Rank: Mythical

・Condition: Good

━━━━━━━━━━


I had seen all sorts of Divine Artifacts by now, but this item was in a league of its own when it came to how dangerous it was.

If there were any way to deal with it, there were only two options: cancel it out with a Divine Artifact like《Orb of Abrogation》, or nullify it with【Anti-theosis】, which I had obtained from Typhon.

Without either of those, even a〘Regalia〙would be in danger. That was how extraordinary this thing was.

In battles where I absolutely could not afford to lose, or when I found myself pushed to the limit, I intended to unleash《Balor’s Scorn》without hesitation.

Fifth.

The third Divine Artifact Vlas possessed,《Aidöneus》.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Aidöneus》

・Type: Helmet

・Effects:

   ① Deceives any and all detection skills, and completely conceals the item-owner's presence;

   ② Indestructible.

・Rank: Mythical

・Condition: Good

━━━━━━━━━━


Its effect was the same as【Eidolon】, but this was a Divine Artifact. Even【Omniscence】would be unable to detect its presence.

Unlike【Eidolon】, there was no restriction such as "the user must reveal themselves when attacking" .

A perfect surprise attack could be carried out again and again.

It was quite literally a Divine Artifact specialized for assassination.

Since I had【Māyā】now, I would probably have little opportunity to use it myself.

However, if someone else were to use it, troublesome would be an understatement. Just like《Balor’s Scorn》, I would keep it under strict guard.

Well then, the inspection was over.

I swept my gaze around and saw Samael and the others laying waste to the Krakens.

Apparently, while my attention had been elsewhere, the Kraken corpses they had defeated had sunk into the sea one after another, so I was back to square one.

First, kill 200 of them. Then strengthen myself with【Voracity】.

The《Soul Harvest》was useless here. I switched to《Longinus》and selected my prey.

All right! Let’s wipe out these Krakens while searching for the Boss room!


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

It's been "long" that I "inserted" a pun! 🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, using Longinus like a harpoon is just 😂! These equipments are dope!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing