Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 48 — A Divine Creation That Knows No Restraint
After pulling the Kraken, which had been sliced cleanly in half and was about to sink into the sea, onto the ice, I bit into one of its tentacles.
【Voracity】activated, boosting my stats.
『Spirit +5』
I tore off several tentacles and tossed them over as food for Samael.
After that, I focused on creating an ice path and left dealing with the Kraken, which attacked from beneath the sea, to Samael and the others.
In the meantime, I began checking various things.
First, the new skills.
━━━━━━━━━━
【Staffmanship】Lv.10
- Increases proficiency with Staff (especially Metallic Japanese cudgels);
- Provide bonuses to offense and defense.
Strength +10, Dexterity +10
【Cratos】
- Strength × 8.
【Tipsy Fog】
- When skill-user holds alcohol in the mouth and sprays it out, an extremely dense fog is generated that makes it impossible to see even an inch ahead;
- The dense fog has an intoxication effect, gradually robbing those within it of their ability to make sound judgments.
【Mistscape】
- Allows skill-user to deceive all detection abilities and conceal their presence within the mist, preferably created by【Tipsy Fog】.
- It even deceives【Omniscence】, however doesn't work against detection-type Unique Skills or Divine Artifacts.
【Six Samsara】
① Realm of Nara: Normal state;
② Realm of Pashu: All attribute × 2
③ Realm of Preta: Absorbs magic spells or environmental mana and restores Magic Power;
④ Realm of Asura: All stats × 2
⑤ Realm of Deva: Promotes the Extra Skills;【Inviolable】,【Spellbane】, and【Immutable】, to Unique Skills;
※ Skill-user can inflict damage only if they possess both a Unique Skill and a Divine Artifact, while also possessing Strength or Intelligence value exceeding the target's Endurance or Spirit value.
⑥ Realm of Naraka: An inescapable barrier is generated within which an imperishable, infernal hellfire, that only affect the enemies, burns.
※ Activation Method: Either progressive, stage-wise activation or individual activation possible. It is impossible to enter two or more Realms simultaneously.
(E/N: These are sanskrit words that mean:
Nara → Human (specifically Male).
Pashu → Beast.
Preta → Ghosts in Hindu mythology that envy the living.
Asura → Demon, from Hindu and Buddhist mythologies.
Deva → God.
Naraka → Hell.
Hope y'all like the added flair!)
【Water Dominion】Lv.8
- Allows free manipulation of ocean currents, generation of tsunamis and creation of weapons made of seawater;
- The range and magnitude of control depends on the amount of mana consumed.
Magic Power +8
【Black Mist】Lv.8
- Allows generation of a dark mist that is fully capable of deceiving【Presence Detection】and【Mana Detection】.
Intelligence +8
━━━━━━━━━━
Now, let's start by checking the skills in the normal category.
First up:【Staffmanship】.
It's the cudgel-based equivalent of weapon skills such as【Swordsmanship】and【Shieldsmanship】.
Second:【Water Dominion】.
A skill belonging to the same category as【Sand Dominion】and【Wind Dominion】.
Expanding its area of control consumes magic power, but ocean currents, tsunamis, and seawater weapons can all be formed freely.
Third:【Black Mist】.
It's a lower version of【Phantom】, which had been integrated into【Eidolon】.
Even so, it would be more than enough of a threat to an ordinary Hunter.
Next, the Extra Skills.
First:【Cratos】.
Its effect is the same as【Edge】or【Invictus】.
Second:【Tipsy Fog】.
I thought it merely generated dense mist using alcohol as a medium, but I didn't expect it to have an intoxication effect as well.
『Intoxication』isn't included among the ailments that【Immutable】can nullify. If the battle had taken longer, even I might have been in danger.
Third:【Mistscape】.
This one is powerful.
Though, ultimately, my overall assessment is that it's the same as【Eidolon】.
Finally, the Unique Skill【Six Samsara】.
To be honest, the『Realm of Nara』and『Realm of Pashu』aren't threats.
The difficulty starts rising around the『Realm of Preta』.
In addition to an ability that absorbs magic power, essentially an upgraded version of【Spellbane】, it doubles all stats.
Then, starting with the『Realm of Deva』, the difficulty skyrockets.
Because【Inviolable】,【Spellbane】, and【Immutable】are upgraded into Unique Skills, it is impossible to break through them with only a Unique Skill or only a Divine Artifact.
Unless you possess both, and your attack power exceeds the target's defensive power, defeating it is simply impossible.
At this point, its strength is on par with a『God』without hesitation, but the worst possible development is still waiting.
The『Realm of Naraka』seals off all means of escape, and the battle cannot end until a victor is decided.
Even if you consider it a fair and honorable fight, the hellfire that burns only enemies fills the inside of the barrier.
Typhon and Ashura.
If you asked me which was more troublesome, I'd have trouble answering, but there is one thing I know for certain.
SS-Rank dungeons have absolutely no intention of letting Hunters clear them.
Even I, a〘Regalia〙, was made to feel that my life was in danger. Apparently, this so-called mysterious God has no concept of holding back.
I was the one who wanted an SS-Rank dungeon, but even so, the way the difficulty suddenly shoots up is excessive.
I've complained quite a bit, but the rewards are more than attractive enough. I'll refrain from complaining any further.
I switched gears and moved on to checking the Divine Artifacts I looted after dealing with members of Russia's〈Semi-Tsar〉.
With the appearance of the SS-Rank dungeon and everything else that happened, I'd kept putting them off until now.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
The description for Six Samsara is a bit confusing, especially whether the Realms can be reached in one step or whether the effects stack if the skill-user goes step by step, but it'll do.
Also, extremely sorry for the long absence! I was quite stressed living in a completely different but hellish city for 1 month. I'm finally back to my home city, peaceful and cool! We'll be back on track!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments