Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 47 — The Frozen Sea, Tentacles from the Abyss
As I headed toward the third S-Rank dungeon, I was confronted by the local S-Rank Hunters.
Despite the previous massacre having spread across social media, it seemed that many of them had the guts to charge straight at me to avenge their comrades rather than simply stand by and watch.
I respected their spirit. But the cause of this whole incident lay with their comrades in the first place.
I wished they would calmly understand the difference in strength between us.
Otherwise, they would only throw their lives away for nothing.
When the dense mist cleared, numerous corpses lay scattered across the area. Most had been decapitated and died without even having time to suffer.
They were powerful individuals praised by society as being on the level of heroes.
However, to me, after clearing countless S-Rank Dungeons and even overcoming two SS-Rank Dungeons, they were no different from rookie E-Rank Hunters.
“Now then, which one is the item that weakened me?”
I approached the corpses one by one, picking up their equipment and items and using【Appraisal】on them.
“Found it. Its effects are a 40% reduction in stats and magic interference. The Rank is Legendary... Compared to a Divine Artifact, this is pretty harmless.”
I collected the bracelet-shaped item just in case and stored it in the《Magic Pouch》.
There was nothing else of particular interest, so I took only the cash and《Magic Pouches》, left the carnage as it was, and headed toward the entrance procedures.
After completing the procedures without incident, I stood before the dungeon entrance and returned to《Laputa》.
I brought Samael and the others back with me using【Void Magic】.
The moment we stepped through the entrance, the scenery changed completely.
A glittering sandy beach and an endless expanse of ocean stretched before us. The sea breeze brushed against my cheeks.
“The sea... It's been a while. Probably since I fought the Water Dragon in China. But if that's the case... what am I going to do with Samael and the others?”
None of them possessed【Swimming】,【Diving】, or【Aquatic Respiration】.
Undead creatures like Tamuel and Nox had nothing to fear from drowning.
However, Samael and Camilla could suffocate, so I was somewhat concerned.
Freezing the surface of the sea would solve the problem of moving around, but there was nothing I could do about dealing with enemies underwater.
...I would just have to hope they came at us from their side.
“All right, let's go!”
Unlike when we fought the Water Dragon, there was no ship anchored on the beach. In that case, I had no choice but to advance while freezing the sea.
With【Axiom】, dealing with seawater shouldn't be a problem.
I activated a【Dominion Magic】spell, which had been integrated into【Axiom】, «Frost Ground».
I instantly froze a large enough area for everyone to move across.
As we proceeded along the ice path, I detected something rapidly approaching.
With a thunderous roar, the surface of the sea exploded, sending spray into the air. Something... something resembling a tentacle was rushing toward me.
I grabbed it tightly and, wanting to see what it was, hauled it out of the sea by force using a hip throw-like motion.
With a splash of water, a gigantic shadow fell across the sky above us.
At the same time, I expanded the frozen ground even farther, widening our footing so we could fight on the ice.
Then I activated【Discernment】, integrated into【Māyā】, on the monster I had pulled out.
Kraken.
Countless thick, elongated tentacles sprouted from around its mouth. The pair of eyes glaring at us glowed an intense crimson.
I could confirm two new skills.
I drew the《Soul Harvest》from my《Magic Pouch》and held it in a reverse grip.
At that moment, the ice beneath our feet began to shake.
The sea raged violently, waves battering the ice. We were pushed backward.
The Kraken skillfully used its tentacles to move across the ice and returned to the sea.
The next moment, seawater rose from the surface in a spiraling column, transforming into countless water spears.
The fact that it could do this without possessing【Water Magic】was probably due to the effect of one of its new skills,【Water Dominion】.
It should also be capable of creating【Overfall】and【Whirlpool】, which had been integrated into【Axiom】. You could call it a complete superior version.
Furthermore,【Dominion】-type skills did not consume mana merely to create something like water spears.
A barrage of water spears came flying toward us.
I easily cut them down with my dagger.
Though, there was no need to cut them down in the first place.
A barrage of this level couldn't even inflict damage on me. The same applied to Samael and the others.
I charged forward, and the Kraken spewed out black mist.
The black mist, completely cutting off our surroundings, filled the entire area.
But thanks to the various detection skills integrated into【Māyā】, I could pinpoint the Kraken's location.
I activated【Swordsmanship】, integrated into【Skanda】, and unleashed a divine slash toward the direction of the Kraken.
Immediately afterward, the Kraken's life response disappeared.
『Skill Acquired【Water Dominion】Lv.8』
『Skill Acquired【Black Mist】Lv.8』
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Now I wonder, was it too hasty to integrate most of the Monster Skills because, think about it, the Dominion skills like Sand Dominion and Wind Dominion were integrated, could this Water Dominion have been integrated?
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments