Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 46 — A Vengeful Obsession Scattered Miserably

Having finished clearing the SS-Rank dungeon, I resumed clearing S-Rank dungeons without even taking a break.

However, I had gotten up late today, and clearing the SS-Rank dungeon had also taken considerably longer than expected.

The S-Rank dungeon I was about to head to would be the last dungeon I cleared today.


“Arrived, Hunter Matsubara.”


A quiet voice called out to me as I rested my body with my eyes closed, and Oliver turned toward me from the driver's seat.

When I opened my eyes, Oliver had already walked around to the rear passenger seat and opened the door for me.


“Thank you.”


I thanked him and got out of the car.

After stretching my body with a long, satisfying stretch, I turned back toward Oliver.


“Well then, I’ll be going.”


“Please be careful. Take care.”


I turned my back and began walking toward the dungeon.

Unlike the SS-Rank dungeon that had only just appeared, the plaza was bustling with numerous Hunters, and I made my way through it.

To cut to the chase, I wasn't accosted like I had been last time.

Most likely, the carnage had been spread across social media and such, causing fewer people to recklessly pick a fight with me.

The gazes directed at me were no longer filled with the contempt and brazen disdain they once had.

Instead, they had changed into looks tinged with tension, a mixture of caution and fear.

Well, the fewer troublesome incidents, the better.

Just as I was heading toward the entrance procedures while drawing the gazes of the Hunters, a magic circle with a geometric pattern suddenly appeared beneath my feet.

The magic circle slowly moved up over my head before quietly vanishing.

What happened? To check whether I had been affected, I opened my status window.


━━━━━━━━━━
(Only affected stats displayed)


Attributes

・Magic Power:   3,049 ↓

・Strength:           3,373 ↓

・Endurance:       3,242 ↓

・Agility:               2,986 ↓

・Intelligence:      3,096 ↓

・Spirit:                 3,934 ↓

・Dexterity:           3,411 ↓

・Luck:                  2,905 ↓

━━━━━━━━━━


...It was a pattern I had already grown accustomed to.

This time, only my stats had been reduced. None of my skills had been sealed.

Even so, these were still stats befitting the title of〘Regalia〙. They were more than enough to deal with the miscellaneous rabble gathered here.


“Don’t back down! His stats have been nearly halved by my item! We can take him! For the sake of our brothers who were killed, let’s finish him here!”


One man shouted from within the group.

As expected of America, the world's leading nation of Hunters. The quality of their fighting spirit was different from that of China and Russia, which were likewise Hunter powerhouses.

Whether I was a〘Regalia〙, someone equal in rank to two of America's own strongest Hunters, Rex and Angelica, was irrelevant to them.

If someone from a foreign country came to their homeland, behaved with impunity, and killed so many of their comrades, then they would kill him without fail.

That single-minded obsession seeped from every inch of their bodies.

But it was your "brothers" who acted disrespectfully first, yeah?

Before seeking revenge, you should teach the remaining brothers some manners. Otherwise, every last one of your brothers will disappear from this country.

...Well, none of that has anything to do with me.

Anyone who stood against me would be killed. That was all.

I activated the【Tipsy Fog】and【Mistscape】I had obtained from Shuten-dōji.

The instant I forcefully spat out my saliva, a dense mist began to spread throughout the surrounding area. I quietly concealed myself within the mist.


“W-What is this mist?! Is it magic?!”


“Damn it, I can't see a thing! Where is he?!”


“Why?! Even【Wind Magic】can't clear the mist!?”


Of course it couldn't. I had tried the same thing myself, so I knew that feeling of futility all too well.

I took the《Soul Harvest》from my《Magic Pouch》and dashed through the mist without revealing my presence.

(E/N: Soul Harvest is better I guess, that the long Fly King's part)


“...!?”


“Gah...!!!”


“H-hey! What's happening?! Is someone getting hit?!”


“Report the situation! Someone...”


“...We can't move carelessly. Which way do we go to get out of the mist?”


The dense mist had already turned into hell.

Splashes of blood and severed heads flew through the air, while bodies missing everything above the neck collapsed one after another onto the ground.

Unable to understand what was happening, shouts of anger and screams were swallowed by the mist.

Were they still alive? Were their comrades still alive? They didn't even know that, and the next moment, the flame of another life was extinguished.

They had steeled themselves to avenge their comrades, fully aware that their opponent was far above them.

But in the end, they couldn't even land a single blow in retaliation. They had merely thrown their lives away for nothing.


『Level 169 UP』

『Magic Power +5』

『Strength +4』

『Endurance +3』

『Agility +2』

『Intelligence +5』

『Spirit +2』

『Dexterity +1』

『Luck +4』


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Yes, stupid people exist everywhere… Namu Amida Butsu 🙏🏼.

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing