Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 45 — Divine Sake That Alters One's Constitution
After a fierce battle against〈Carnage King〉Ashura, I emerged victorious.
Still, once he unleashed that much power, I hadn't had even the slightest opportunity to issue orders to Samael and the others.
Well, I managed to win on my own in the end, so all's well that ends well.
As Ashura's corpse dissolved into particles of light and faded into the void, a lavish treasure chest emerged from a rift in space.
I immediately opened the lid.
Inside were the usual boss materials, including a magic stone, a heart, and a vial filled with blood...
Alongside them sat a single bottle of sake.
Picking it up, I gave it a light shake.
The clear liquid inside gently swayed.
I activated【Appraisal】on the Sake bottle.
━━━━━━━━━━
《Ambrosial Soma》
• Type: Consumable Item
• Effects:
① After drinking every last drop, item-user shall aquire Extra Skill【Sober】;
② Moreover, they shall gain the ability to freely transform their saliva into saké.
• Rank: Mythical
• Condition: Excellent
━━━━━━━━━━
I see.
This reward was connected more to Shuten-dōji than to Ashura.
As its name suggested,【Sober】would likely allow the user to drink as much alcohol as they wanted without ever getting drunk.
And the effect of "freely transforming saliva into sake" was undoubtedly meant to support the Extra Skill【Tipsy Fog】.
Shuten-dōji had taken a swig from his sake cup before forcefully spraying it out, creating a dense mist so thick that neither side could even see each other.
In other words, activating【Tipsy Fog】normally required having sake in one's mouth beforehand.
However, after drinking the《Ambrosial Soma》, I would be able to transform my own saliva into sake.
Not only would that eliminate the need to take a mouthful of sake every time I wanted to use the skill, but I also wouldn't have to carry alcohol around with me anymore.
I drank every last drop from the bottle.
『Extra Skill Acquired【Sober】.』
“Alright, that wraps up this dungeon. Though since only one monster appears at a time, the experience gain isn't very efficient. Echidna's dungeon is still much more rewarding.”
Having reached that conclusion, I used the return magic circle to teleport back to the surface.
I first returned to《Laputa》, left Samael and the others there, then used【Void Magic】to return to the dungeon entrance.
Passing through the plaza where Guild staff and specialized contractors busily worked on dismantling and transporting monster materials, I made my way over to Oliver, who was waiting beside the car.
“Sorry to keep you waiting. About the monster corpses... Since the SS-Rank Dungeon has only just appeared, I suppose selling the materials still isn't possible?”
“At the moment, no. We still can't process any sales. Research is currently underway to determine whether the monster materials can be adapted for everyday use or equipment.
…
For now, you'll either have to leave them with Guild Headquarters or keep them in your own possession.”
“I see. Then I'll hold onto them myself.”
“Understood. What are your plans after this, Hunter Matsubara?”
Let's see...
My original objective of conquering both Japan's and America's SS-Rank Dungeons had been accomplished.
The only remaining task was helping the three Clan Masters, Suzuki Tensei of〈King of Sword〉, Miura Karen of〈Ifrit Legion〉, and Kikuchi Honoka of〈Valkyries of Restoration〉, raise their strength.
I'd contact them soon and arrange a schedule.
As for today...
...I'll resume clearing the S-Rank Dungeons I left unfinished.
“I was in the middle of clearing the S-Rank Dungeons, so I'd like to resume. Last time I conquered the dungeon where Walpurgis appeared. Could you take me to the nearest dungeon from there?”
“Certainly.”
Oliver opened the rear door for me, and I climbed into the car.
Taking his seat behind the wheel, he started the engine and drove toward the third S-Rank Dungeon.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Best skill set for a drunkard or a salaryman 😂! Feels kinda underwhelming though?
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments