Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 44 — Defeating〈Carnage King〉Ashura
I stood against the three-faced, six-armed monster, Ashura.
The first round ended with me holding the advantage.
With every wound I inflicted, Ashura's expression twisted further with rage, and a crimson aura spiraled upward from his entire body.
Round Two had begun.
The inferno of the greatsword and the lightning of the spear intensified, and on top of that, magic attacks were added to the assault.
Magic circles appeared simultaneously beneath my feet and overhead.
A pillar of azure flames roared up from below, while black lightning poured down from above like a waterfall.
However, such a fierce assault was meaningless.
As long as【Aegis】remained active, all physical attacks, magic, and status ailments were completely nullified.
Even if they were magic-based Unique Skills, as long as there was a difference between Ashura's Intelligence and my Spirit, I would take no damage.
The magic skills Ashura possessed were【Fire Magic】,【Lightning Magic】, and【Debuff Magic】.
All of them were nothing more than ordinary skills, nowhere near enough to harm me.
GUOOOOOOOH!
Enraged that none of his attacks had any effect, Ashura let out a deafening roar.
He abandoned his magic attacks, channeling all of his burning fury into brute strength as he swung his massive arm.
I caught the incoming right fist with my crossed daggers.
“Oh...?”
I couldn't completely stop the next blow.
My feet gouged through the ground as I was forced backward.
“You've clearly gotten stronger. Your attributes seem to rival mine now.”
With that thought, I activated【Discernment】, now integrated into【Māyā】, and checked Ashura's status once more.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Values Only)
Attributes
• Magic Power: 6,180
• Strength: 7,000
• Endurance: 7,000
• Agility: 5,900
• Intelligence: 6,780
• Spirit: 8,600
• Dexterity: 6,620
• Luck: 5,460
━━━━━━━━━━
Just as I thought.
Compared to before, his attributes had increased roughly fourfold.
My average attribute value was 5,400.
Ashura's average was 6,700.
A gap of 1,300.
No wonder I was losing in raw strength.
This would normally be the perfect situation to use【Enfeeble】, but Ashura's enhancement was most likely the effect of【Six Samsara】.
That skill probably wouldn't be enough to counter it.
Then I'd answer in kind with【Physical Boost】, now integrated into【Skanda】.
“HRAAAH!”
Forcing Ashura's right fist aside with brute strength, I kicked off the ground and instantly closed the distance.
While charging in, I activated【Dominion Magic】, now integrated into【Axiom】, and unleashed countless Lightning Spears.
However, just before they struck Ashura's body, space itself rippled like water, swallowing every single Lightning Spear whole.
“Huh...?”
【Dominion Magic】was a skill contained within a Unique Skill.
Ordinary【Spellbane】shouldn't have been able to stop it...
Before I had time to think, Ashura's clasped both hands together and brought them crashing down from above.
I swung both《Fly King's Soul Harvest》simultaneously.
With【Edge】, now integrated into【Skanda】, my Strength, Endurance, and Agility had all been multiplied by eight, while my Strength itself was further increased tenfold.
Ashura's fists were sliced apart with ease.
But the wounds instantly closed through【Instant Regeneration】.
Without hesitation, I activated【Void Magic】, now integrated into【Axiom】, and teleported directly behind Ashura's neck.
Layering【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】 together with【Slash Arts】, both integrated into【Skanda】, I severed the head of the unarmed torso with a single slash.
Accompanied by a spray of blood, the massive head hit the ground with a heavy thud.
GUAAAAAAAH!
The heads wielding the greatsword and spear let out agonized death screams.
Immediately afterward, a golden aura began mixing into the crimson aura surrounding his body.
Another transformation.
I instantly activated【Discernment】.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Values Only)
Attributes
• Magic Power: 61,800
• Strength: 70,000
• Endurance: 70,000
• Agility: 59,000
• Intelligence: 67,800
• Spirit: 86,000
• Dexterity: 66,200
• Luck: 54,600
━━━━━━━━━━
“No way... He's become ten times stronger again.”
This was bad.
My current attributes were Strength: 449,840, Endurance: 43,232, Agility: 39,816, while everything else hovered around 5,000.
My attack power was more than sufficient, but every other attribute was overwhelmingly outclassed.
I'd have to abandon defense entirely, focus solely on evasion, and pour everything into offense.
At that very instant, yet another change occurred.
A barrier spread out around Asura and us, while flames began filling the ground inside it.
If I didn't finish this quickly, both I and Samael and the others would be burned alive.
The body wielding the greatsword turned toward me and raised it overhead.
A slash backed by such overwhelming attributes was both immensely heavy and terrifyingly sharp.
I evaded with【Void Magic】, teleporting above Ashura's head.
Creating a foothold in midair with【Air Step】, I accelerated straight toward Ashura.
Empowering the strike with【Heaven Sunder】...
With Strength exceeding 1.8 million...
I unleashed【Slash Arts】.
The heavenly sword strike that cleaved through all things split Ashura's gigantic body cleanly in two down the center.
Only the body wielding the spear remained.
The lightning-cloaked spear thrust toward me.
I knocked it off course with the dagger in my left hand, then drove a slashing strike home with the dagger in my right.
Every one of Ashura's bodies fell silent.
The barrier surrounding us and the flames covering the ground vanished like smoke.
『Unique Skill Acquired【Six Samsara】』
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Why did it not "reincarnate" again? Comment your theories below.
Anyway, that was a great fight! I thought it would continue 3 more times!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments