Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 43 — Round Two, The Three-Faced, Six-Armed War Oni

Although Samael had been gravely wounded, we successfully defeated Shuten-dōji.

After healing Samael and storing Shuten-dōji's corpse in the《Magic Pouch》, a massive door appeared before us.

The door slowly opened, and a gigantic humanoid monster stepped out.

A grotesque figure with three faces and six arms, crowned with a golden diadem.

The face in front stood quietly with its hands pressed together in prayer.

The left half of its body wielded a blazing greatsword engulfed in flames, in one hand.

The right half of its body wielded a long spear crackling with lightning, in another hand.

Its enormous body was wreathed in perfectly honed muscles, giving off an overwhelming aura of intimidation.

Using【Discernment】, now integrated into【Māyā】, I examined the Dungeon Boss's status.


━━━━━━━━━━
(Simplified Status)

Name: Ashura

Title:〈Carnage King〉

Race: Bloodrage War Oni

Level 150


Attributes

• Magic Power:   1,555 (1,210 + 345)

• Strength:           1,760 (1,210 + 550)

• Endurance:       1,760 (1,210 + 550)

• Agility:               1,485 (1,210 + 275)

• Intelligence:     1,705 (1,210 + 495)

• Spirit:                2,160 (1,210 + 950)

• Dexterity:          1,665 (1,210 + 455)

• Luck:                 1,375 (1,210 + 165)


Unique Skill

 •【Six Samsara】


Extra Skills

«Resistance-type»

  •【Inviolable】

  •【Spellbane】

  •【Immutable】

  •【Insulation】

━━━━━━━━━━


Just as expected, its name was Ashura.

And it possessed a single Unique Skill with an unknown effect.

Since I had no idea how it fought, under normal circumstances I would have sent forward Samael and the others to gauge its abilities.

However, Samael had suffered serious injuries in the previous battle against Shuten-dōji.

Even though their wounds had been healed, I still wasn't comfortable having my familiars take the front line.

This time, I'd take the lead while Samael and the others provided support.


“Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla. Stay back and provide support this time. I'll give orders when needed.”


~rustle~rustle~wriggle~wriggle~

~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~~


“Understood.”


♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢


“Well then... let's begin.”


Holding the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》in a reverse grip, I lowered my stance.

The very next instant, Ashura's right fist was already right in front of me.

I instinctively flipped forward, landed on the back of his hand, and sprinted up his arm.

Just as I reached the top of his right arm, his left fist swept in from the right.

With a light leap, I landed on the left fist and continued running up that arm.

Ashura swung his arm violently in an attempt to throw me off.

Sensing it, I jumped into the air, soaring above his head.

Creating a foothold with【Air Step】, I dove straight down.

Ashura rotated the torso on his right side to face me and thrust forward the lightning-wreathed spear in its hand.

I instinctively deflected the spearhead with my dagger, knocking it off course, then used the momentum to twist my body away.

Stepping onto another foothold with【Air Step】, I crouched deeply before accelerating.

From Ashura's face down to his chest, I carved a deep slash.


GRAAAAAAH!


Ashura's scream echoed throughout the cavern.

I immediately activated【Cruor Dominion】.

Manipulating the blood flowing from the wound, I created Blood Swords and Blood Spears.

Using weapons forged from Ashura's own body, I unleashed them all back at him.

The Blood Swords and Blood Spears buried themselves deeply into Asura's body.


GUOOOOOOOH!


Another deafening roar.

Then, in the very next instant, the embedded Blood Swords and Blood Spears were blasted away.

His wounds instantly closed through【Instant Regeneration】, and all three faces twisted with rage.

The torso wielding the flaming greatsword turned to face me, raising the sword wreathed in fierce flames before bringing it crashing down from overhead.

I deflected the incoming blade with my dagger, and the greatsword dug deeply into the ground.

Without giving me a moment to breathe, the flaming sword continued swinging relentlessly.

As if his anger itself had ignited, the ferocity of his attacks only intensified.

Even so, I handled every strike with ease.

Then the torso wielding the spear turned toward me, repeatedly thrusting the lightning-charged spear in rapid succession.

Flames and lightning transmitted through the weapons assaulted me one after another.

However, they weren't derived from magic.

They were purely elemental attacks.

It wasn't as though they dealt no damage, but every burn that appeared was instantly repaired by【Instant Regeneration】, now integrated into【Aegis】.

This much wasn't a problem.

The torso that had been praying turned toward me and clasped both fists together, bringing them crashing down to crush me.

I crossed my daggers and blocked the attack.

Asura poured even more strength into the blow.

Using my crossed daggers as a pivot, I forcibly pushed him back instead.

Without missing the opportunity, I combined【Slash Arts】, now integrated into【Skanda】, with【Charge Counter】, now integrated into【Aegis】, and unleashed a razor-sharp slash.

Another deep wound was carved into Ashura's body, causing all three faces to contort even further in fury.

At that very moment...

A crimson aura began rising from his body, and his presence changed dramatically.

Time for Round Two.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Samsara is basically the cycle of birth and death.

Reminds me of the Golden Boar Lord in Death March… Was one heck of a fight though!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing