Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 41 — The Great Misty Mountain, Vermilion Torii Gates, and the Oni Chief
After receiving information about the monsters from Guildmaster Johnson, I immediately headed for the SS-Rank Dungeon.
“We've arrived, Hunter Matsubara.”
Oliver called out to me, and I opened my eyes. He stepped out of the driver's seat and opened the rear door for me.
“Thank you.”
After thanking him, I got out of the car.
Towering before me was a massive cylindrical tower that seemed to pierce the heavens.
Around the dungeon, Hunter Guild staff and demolition crews were busy clearing away the surrounding buildings.
Apparently, they had been working through the night since yesterday, and the area had already been cleaned up to an unbelievable degree.
“Well then, I'm off.”
After saying goodbye to Oliver, I headed toward the dungeon.
There were no hunters attempting the dungeon, nor was there any building for admission procedures.
When I reached the black oval, the dungeon's entrance, I first returned to《Laputa》.
Using【Void Magic】integrated in【Axiom】, I brought Samael and the others back with me.
“Well then, let's go.”
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
The moment I stepped through the entrance, my surroundings changed completely.
A full moon floated in the night sky.
A towering mountain whose summit was veiled in white mist.
Stone steps stretched up its slope, lined at regular intervals with vermilion torii gates.
A deep forest surrounded everything on all sides.
Red lanterns swayed from the torii and the trees, their mystical glow softly illuminating the surroundings.
“…Quite a fantastical sight.”
I couldn't help murmuring to myself as I turned my gaze forward.
Standing there was a humanoid monster.
Sharp oni horns protruded from its forehead, and long crimson hair flowed down to its back.
Its muscular body was adorned with ornaments made of human bones around its neck and waist, while it boldly drank from a golden sake cup.
I immediately examined its status using【Discernment】, now integrated into【Māyā】.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Simplified Status)
Name: Shuten-dōji
Race: Drunken Battle Oni
Level 140
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,215 (1,050 + 165)
• Strength: 1,380 (1,050 + 330)
• Endurance: 1,490 (1,050 + 440)
• Agility: 1,160 (1,050 + 110)
• Intelligence: 1,325 (1,050 + 275)
• Spirit: 2,055 (1,050 + 1,005)
• Dexterity: 1,490 (1,050 + 440)
• Luck: 1,325 (1,050 + 275)
Extra Skills
«Enhancement-type»
•【Cratos】
«Resistance-type»
•【Inviolable】
•【Spellbane】
•【Immutable】
•【Insulation】
«Support-type»
•【Tipsy Fog】
•【Mistscape】
━━━━━━━━━━
So it's the legendary yōkai, Oni, known in Japanese folklore as the Oni Chief and the Bandit Chief.
Its average attribute value is 1,430.
Echidna's average was 1,471, so there isn't much of a difference.
It has four new skills, including its Extra Skills.
(E/N: Normal skills not shown in the status above)
However, it doesn't seem capable of summoning subordinates or creating monsters, so it doesn't look particularly rewarding in terms of experience gain.
Still, four new skills... I suppose that balances things out.
“All right! Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla. Attack however you like. I'll stay back and provide support.”
~rustle~rustle~wriggle~wriggle~
~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~
~~~~~
“Understood.”
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
I spent 1 damn hour finding the fourth new skill in the status in this chapter… until I read the "…including the Extra Skills…" part… just kill me bruh!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments