Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 40 — Intelligence Sharing and Rankings
After finishing my review of the newly acquired Unique Skills, I contacted my dedicated support staff member, Oliver.
When Guildmaster Johnson had shown me to my residence, we had exchanged contact information so we could reach each other at any time.
Not long after I contacted him, Oliver came to pick me up.
I got into the back seat of the car, and we headed for the Hunter Guild Headquarters.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
We arrived at the Guild Headquarters.
Taking the elevator, we made our way to the Guildmaster's office on the top floor.
* knock * knock * knock *
“Excuse me, Guildmaster.”
“Oh, Hunter Matsubara. Did you enjoy yourself last night?”
As I entered, Johnson rose from behind his desk with a refreshing smile and gestured toward the reception sofa.
Needless to say, the implication behind his words was, "Were you satisfied with the women I arranged for you?"
“Yes, I was very satisfied. Now then, the reason I came today... How did the SS-Rank Dungeon raid go?”
Judging by the lack of anxiety or exhaustion on Johnson's face, I had already more or less guessed the outcome.
“It was cleared successfully. According to Rex and Angelica, it was actually overkill for them to be present for the raid.”
...That's surprising.
Honestly, that exceeded my expectations.
The two of them had faced a monster on the same level as Echidna, yet the very people who cleared it were saying, "The two of us weren't even necessary".
There were two possible explanations.
The first... Rex and Angelica possessed exceptionally powerful Unique Skills, or their abilities simply happened to be highly compatible against the monster they fought.
The second... the monster they faced didn't possess absurd abilities like Echidna's.
Both were possible.
However, it would be dangerous to be overly optimistic. It was safer to assume that Rex and Angelica's Unique Skills were simply that powerful.
“Guildmaster, I have a few questions.”
“Fire away.”
“How many monsters appeared?”
“Just one per round.”
“Is it a beast-type monster? Or a humanoid?”
“A humanoid.”
“What level?”
“140.”
“I don't need the exact name or effects, but does it possess powerful skills or weapons?”
“The normal individual possessed Extra Skills, and the Dungeon Boss even had a Unique Skill.”
“That answers all my questions. Thank you.”
The overall pattern was almost identical to Japan's SS-Rank Dungeon.
Nothing about it surprised me.
However, making sure Johnson wouldn't realize that, I deliberately put on a grim expression, pretending to think deeply.
“…Hunter Matsubara.”
“Yes?”
“To be honest, I'm sure this came as quite a shock. The fact that only a single monster appears is good news, but it's Level 140 and even possesses unknown Extra Skills. I wouldn't blame you for hesitating.”
“Thank you for your concern.”
“Not at all. One more thing... Even for the〘Regalia〙, half-hearted attacks won't work against SS-Rank Dungeon monsters. I recommend proceeding with great caution.”
“I understand.”
“However... if even Hunter Matsubara is unable to clear it, then we'll have to establish a separate rank above the〈Thirteen Warriors〉, with Rex and Angelica at the top.”
A faint irritation welled up inside me.
In other words, if I failed, I'd be ranked beneath Rex and Angelica.
Still, this wasn't Johnson looking down on me.
It was simply America's values, where strength was valued above everything else.
Seen another way, it was his way of saying, "Then prove yourself with results".
Even so, most people would find their pride wounded and take offense.
I was no exception.
“Thank you for the information. I'll give it a try myself.”
“Yes, best of luck.”
“Then, if you'll excuse me.”
I left the Guildmaster's office and departed the Guild Headquarters.
With Oliver behind the wheel, we headed toward America's SS-Rank Dungeon.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Sorry Johnson, but no matter how powerful your Regalias' Unique Skills are, they're no match for a Status-Devouring Demi-God level Hunter, Yuito.
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments