Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 38 — Skills Crowned With Divinity

After conquering Japan's SS-Rank Dungeon, I returned to my base in America and spent the night with the women Guildmaster Johnson had arranged for me.

Sleeping without worrying about the time, I awoke naturally, quietly slipped out of bed, and headed for the bathroom.

Careful not to wake the women still sleeping soundly on either side of me, I moved without making a sound.

After soaking in the bath and washing away the sweat and fatigue, the heaviness clinging to my body gradually disappeared.

In the changing room, I took a bottle of green tea out of the《Magic Pouch》, opened it, and poured it down my throat.

The ice cold liquid flowed down my esophagus, and the haziness clouding my mind rapidly cleared.

I organized today's plans in my head.

Rather than resuming my tour of S-Rank Dungeons, today's objective was to challenge the SS-Rank Dungeon that had appeared in America.

However, SS-Rank was on an entirely different level from every other rank. If there was even the slightest room left to strengthen myself, I should do so before taking it on.

During my previous SS-Rank Dungeon conquest, I had completely mastered every skill that hunters could learn.

As a result, I obtained the title〘Skill Master〙, and the fusion range of the《Orb of Skill Paragon》had been expanded to include the «Monster-type» skills.

After taking another sip of green tea, I reached into the《Magic Pouch》and took out the crystal orb.

The moment I held my palm over it, the orb began glowing from within, and a translucent window unfolded in the air.


━━━━━━━━━━
(Skills Eligible for Integration)

【Nova Magic】+【Void Magic】+【Ward Magic】+【Dominion Magic】+【Conduit】+【Composite Magic】+【Mana Control】+【Mana Recovery Boost】+【Cast Priming】+【Parallel Casting】+【Mana Transfer】+【Necromancy】+【Azure Inferno】+【Warp】+【Riptide】+【Sand Dominion】+【Wind Dominion】+【Thunder Eclipse】+【Overfall】+【Whirlpool】+【Ripple Aegis】+【Thanatos Dominion】+【Whiteout】+【Rime Aurora】+【Drain Touch】=【Axiom】

【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】+【Zero Pierce • Oblivion Point】+【Battle Master】+【Invictus】+【Edge】+【Ki Martial Arts】+【Slash Arts】+【Arc Shot】+【Rupture】+【Dual Sword Arts】+【Twin Blade Arts】+【Clubmanship】
+【Scythemanship】+【Fatigue Immunity】+【Berserk】+【Flash Recall】+【Battle Insight】+【Air Step】+【Death March】+【Lionheart】+【Celerity】+【Deathgrip】=【Skanda】

【Adamant Body】+【Karma】+【Charge Counter】+【Inviolable】+【Spellbane】+【Immutable】+【Impact Dispersion】+【Regeneration】+【Instant Regeneration】=【Aegis】

【Omniscence】+【Insulation】+【Eidolon】+【Blink】+【Covert Strike】+【Subterfuge】+【Telescopic Vision】+【Discernment】+【Taunt】+【Discipline】+【Night Vision】+【Throwing】+【Swimming】+【Diving】+【Foresight】+【Mercy Strike】+【Odor Sense】+【Vital Sense】+【Noise Sense】+【Snowglide】+【Aquatic Respiration】+【Sandstride】+【Celestial Eye】+【Wind Sense】+【Voracity】+【Panoptes】+【Lunestalker】=【Māyā】

※ Integrated Skills are treated as a separate category and cannot be used as targets for【Conversion】.

Begin Ability Integration? (YES / NO)

━━━━━━━━━━


I couldn't help but gasp.

Nearly every skill I possessed would be consumed.

But after seeing what would be created in return...

There wasn't the slightest reason to hesitate.

Every one of the resulting skills bore the titles of God.

(E/N: But the resulting skills (in English) don't have God anywhere, reason is I edited the names such that they sound cool and intimidating but not literal.)

There was no doubt that these stood at the very pinnacle of all Unique Skills.

The efficiency of accumulating excess experience would undoubtedly decrease dramatically.

Even so, the power offered here more than compensated for that loss.

The option of not integrating them had never existed in the first place.


“...«YES».”


After a brief moment of silence, system messages rang out one after another.


『Unique Skill Acquired【Axiom】』

『Unique Skill Acquired【Skanda】』

『Unique Skill Acquired【Aegis】』

『Unique Skill Acquired【Māyā】』


Four notifications.

After confirming them in rapid succession, I opened the detailed window for each skill.


━━━━━━━━━━

【Axiom】

 - Skill-holder gains the ability to manifest and govern all phenomena, magical or natural;

 - Allows skill-holder simultaneous, parallel control of multiple magic attributes, with spell attack power equal to Intelligence × 10 ;

 - Skill-holder can absorb up to 50% of a target's mana via touch;

 - Mana consumption of all spells or integrated magic skills' usage reduced by 90%.


【Skanda】

 - Skill-holder can skillfully use every form of martial art using respective weapon, with attack power equal to Strength × 10 ;

 - Skill-holder can remain in continuous combat without exhaustion and any status ailments inflicted on them during battle are nullified;

 - When skill-holder subjugates multiple targets, skill【Peerless】activates, increasing all of their attribute values by 10% of their average stat value, for every enemy defeated.


【Aegis】

 - Skill-holder's body gains『Indestructible』status, and reflects any damage received back upon the attacker;

 - Accumulated damage can be added to skill-holder's and by both physical and magical attacks of an opponent while nullifying said physical, magical, and status ailment attacks;

 - Even if all four limbs are severed, they regenerate instantly.

  ※ Damage can still be inflicted by Unique Skills and Divine Artifacts that can bypass the effects of the unique skill i.e. which have have favourable compatibility against the unique skill.


【Māyā】

 - Skill-holder can detect every kind of presence, including aura, mana, and vitality; allowing them to pursue prey at movement speeds equal to Agility × 10 ;

 - Skill-holder can nullify all environmental effects while deceiving every form of detection to launch surprise attacks;

 - Completely conceals the skill-holder's own information while revealing the target's detailed status.

━━━━━━━━━━


Just reading through them once was enough to overwhelm my ability to process everything.


“...I'd better examine them one by one.”


I took another sip of green tea and slowly let out a breath.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Once again, the raw skill names contain kanjis for God such as 神 but you don't see Godly names in the skills itself.

Reason being, it's a Unique skill, it must carry some intimidation, some oomph!

Axiom is the principle that cannot actually be proved or disproved. It's that unbelievable.

Skanda, the epithet God of War, Kartikeya, in Hindu scriptures, in Buddhism. Growing in strength the more one stays in battle against many.

Aegis, although a skill, Ripple Aegis, existed before, it's a mythological shield related to deities like Zeus and Athena.

Māyā, the illusion of the phenomenal world as opposed to its true, spiritual reality… for a being so elusive, obfuscating their existence in the shadow realm, although they know everything and everyone.

Believing such, I gave the names, hope y'all like it!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing