Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 32 — At The End of An Evenly Matched Death Battle

The fierce battle against the Dungeon Boss, Typhon, had taken far longer to conclude than expected.

Its two Extra Skills,【Enfeeble】and【Deadlock】, reduced the attributes I had built up during the battle against Echidna to Typhon's level, while sealing every skill that enhanced my attributes.

As if that weren't enough, its Unique Skill【Anti-theosis】completely nullified the effects of Divine Artifacts, reducing the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》,《Lævateinn》, and《Sköfnung》to nothing more than sturdy blunt weapons.

Against that, I steadily accumulated damage with my two Unique Skills,【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】and【Karma】. Then, using my third Unique Skill,【Charge Counter】, I stored up the damage Typhon had inflicted on me and turned it into the finishing blow.


“Phew... It's over.”


Echidna had been the type to overwhelm her opponents with sheer numbers by creating countless monsters, so she had actually been a favorable matchup for me.

The more monsters I defeated, the more high quality experience I gained, strengthening me even further through the effects of【Peerless】.

The longer the battle dragged on, the more the tide shifted in my favor.

Of course, every one of those monsters had been stronger than the Bosses of upper tier S-Rank dungeons, so an ordinary hunter wouldn't have stood a chance against them.

Typhon, on the other hand, used【Enfeeble】and【Deadlock】to eliminate the overwhelming advantage of superior attributes, forcing me into a serious battle on equal footing.

It even nullified the offensive power of Divine Artifacts, leaving no room for cheap tricks.

It was a fight that tested nothing but one's combat ingenuity.

Naturally...

It was a terrible matchup for me.

...But it was fun.

I'm really glad I wished for the creation of SS-Rank dungeons with《World Edict》.

As I rose to my feet while rubbing my lower back, about to commend Samael and the others standing nearby...

Notifications suddenly echoed through my mind.


『The Challenger has successfully defeated〈Apophis King〉Typhon』

『 [ Subjugated〈Apophis King〉Typhon ] has been added to the Achievement section of Challenger's status.』

『You are a courageous conqueror who risked your life to challenge a dungeon inhabited by an extremely difficult to subjugate, calamitous monster. As one who has accomplished such a great feat, you have been awarded a title.』

『Title Acquired〘King of Hunters〙』

『You are a conqueror who safely returned alive from the most difficult dungeon, where death was all but certain. For never giving up until the very end, you have been awarded a title』

『You have acquired the title〘Death Defier〙』


“Oh? Quite a few notifications came in. I want to check the details as soon as possible, but... the dungeon clear reward comes first.”


As Typhon's body, split cleanly in two, dissolved into particles of light, the volcanic activity ceased.

The raging winds disappeared.

Even the thunder that had echoed without end fell completely silent.

Amid the newfound silence, a magnificent treasure chest slowly emerged from a rift in space.


“Now then... I wonder what kind of reward is waiting inside.”


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Look forward to the details!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing