Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 33 — The Growing Magic Sword

After Typhon's corpse dissolved into particles of light, a magnificent treasure chest emerged from a rift in space.

I immediately opened the lid.

Inside were a gigantic, lustrous magic stone, a mountain of dragon scales too numerous to bother counting, a transparent vial filled with fresh blood...

And resting beside them was a pure white longsword reminiscent of an angel's wing.

I picked up the sword and activated【Appraisal】.


━━━━━━━━━━

《Dainsleif》

 • Type: Longsword

 • Effects:

    ① A magic sword that absorbs the blood of those it kills and grows stronger;

    ② It acquires the skills possessed by its victims, and any skills acquired by the sword can also be used by its wielder;

    ③ Indestructible (SEALED);

    ④ Strength +150, Dexterity +150

 • Rank: Common

 • Condition: Normal

━━━━━━━━━━


“...I see. So it's a weapon that can grow just like a hunter. That's got potential.”


Its effect was similar to my Unique Skill【Soul Eater】.

Although it required the extra step of absorbing the target's blood, it could still acquire all of the target's skills.

That said, judging by its effects alone, my other Divine Artifacts, the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》and《Sköfnung》, were far more powerful.

What difference would it make for a weapon to possess skills?

Could a weapon even use skills in the first place?

Just as those obvious questions crossed my mind, another possibility occurred to me.

《Balor's Scorn》, possessed by Vlas of the〈Semi-Tsar〉.

And Typhon's Extra Skill【Deadlock】.

Both had the ability to render skills unusable, but their targets were limited to hunters and familiars.

If I had this sword acquire attribute boosting skills such as【Physical Boost】beforehand, then even if my own skills were sealed, I could still activate those same skills through the sword.

In other words...

Any future attempts to restrict or seal my skills would become meaningless.

For example, even if an opponent used the Extra Skill【Deadlock】to seal part of both our skill sets, I could simply use different skills through the effects of《Dainsleif》in place of the sealed ones.

That would allow me to impose a one sided handicap on my opponent.


“In that case, the next fight against Typhon shouldn't give me nearly as much trouble.”


That was enough to understand its effects.

The only things left to wonder about were its Indestructible (Sealed) and its Rank.

As a mere Common grade weapon, if I used it against A-Rank or S-Rank monsters in its current state, it would probably shatter without much resistance.

If it truly was a growing magic sword, then I'd need to feed it the blood of countless monsters and hunters, strengthening it step by step.

Once it reached a certain threshold, its grade should increase.

And if it eventually rose all the way to Mythical-grade, its Indestructibility would naturally be unlocked as well.

There was one more thing I couldn't help wondering.

Is Mythical truly the highest possible Rank?

If I continued strengthening this magic sword to its absolute limit...

Perhaps it might even surpass Mythical.

Precisely because this was the reward for clearing an SS-Rank dungeon...

I couldn't help entertaining that faint hope.

After examining the dungeon reward, I stored the boss materials and the demonic sword inside the《Magic Pouch》.

Next, I opened my status window and checked the details of the titles I'd postponed examining.


━━━━━━━━━━

〘King of Hunters〙

 - A title granted to those who risk their lives to conquer an extremely difficult dungeon inhabited by calamity-class monsters;

 - While fighting a dungeon boss, all attributes × 1.5


〘Death Defier〙

 - A title granted to those who never gave up and safely returned alive from the most difficult dungeon, where death was all but certain.

 - Those who obtain this title receive the following two effects:

    ①『Mental Interference Nullification』:

     - Nullifies all forms of mental interference that do not originate from Unique Skills or Divine Artifacts;

    ②『Instant Death Attack Nullification』:

     - Nullifies any instant death attack;

     - Can activate once per day.

        Cooldown: 1 day

━━━━━━━━━━


First...

〘King of Hunters〙.

Although its effect only applied against dungeon bosses, it increased my attributes by 1.5 times.

What interested me was whether it could itself be weakened by items or skills.

If it couldn't...

Then this would be an exceptionally useful title.

Next...

〘Death Defier〙.

Like the title effect of〘Transcendent〙, it granted two abilities.

The first was『Mental Interference Nullification』.

Excluding Unique Skills and Divine Artifacts, it blocked every form of mental interference caused by items or skills.

Perhaps the reasoning behind this effect was that anyone who survived the most difficult dungeon would naturally possess extraordinary luck and an unbreakable spirit.

The second was『Instant Death Attack Nullification』.

At first glance, it made my eyes widen in surprise.


“Seriously?”


But it wasn't quite that generous.

Reading the description carefully revealed both a usage limit and a cooldown.

Even so, defeating someone with this title would require an extraordinary amount of effort.

I already possessed《Pearl of Nine Prayers》, along with『Instant Death Attack Nullification』.

That meant I effectively had 10 lives.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call that level of survivability practically immortal.

After finishing my inspection of the titles, I led Samael and the others into the return magic circle and teleported back to the surface.

I also tried feeding the Bloody Soldiers to《Dainsleif》.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Not only had they not been killed directly by《Dainsleif》, but despite possessing combat strength equivalent to SS-Rank monsters, they didn't have a single skill of their own.

Things weren't going to be that convenient.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Infinite Growth but with a weapon?! All the monsters going extinct in near future!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing