Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 31 — The Decisive Slash of Accumulated Power
Unlike the battle against Echidna, who continuously created countless SS-Rank monsters, this time there was only a single enemy: the Dungeon Boss, Typhon.
With Samael and others, strengthened during the battle with Echidna, along with a large platoon of Bloody Soldiers, I launched an all out assault.
We were about to finish it through sheer force of numbers...
Then, in that very instant...
Suddenly, my attacks stopped working.
No... everyone's attacks did.
Santa Muerte and the Bloody Soldiers had never been dealing damage in the first place, as their attacks were nullified by【Spellbane】and【Inviolable】.
Their original purpose had simply been to keep Typhon's attention occupied, and they had fulfilled that role perfectly.
The same applied to Samael.
The ones actually affected by something were myself, Nox and Carmilla.
Using the Unique Skill【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】together with【Slash Arts】,【Warp】, and【Air Step】, I had been darting 3-dimensionally around Typhon, severing one dragon head after another.
But all at once, I could no longer cut them off.
All I could manage were shallow slashes.
Nox Chevalier also lost the ability to generate the flames that would not extinguish until the target had been reduced to ashes.
Carmilla's healing inhibition effect was nullified as well, and every wound she'd inflicted was rapidly restored by【Instant Regeneration】.
This was clearly abnormal.
I widened the distance with【Void Magic】, activated【Eidolon】, and opened my status window.
I had to find out what had happened to me.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Only the abnormal changes are displayed.)
Level 150 (↓)
Attributes
Magic Power: 1,610 ↓
Strength: 1,475 ↓
Endurance: 1,695 ↓
Agility: 1,530 ↓
Intelligence: 1,640 ↓
Spirit: 2,205 ↓
Dexterity: 1,490 ↓
Luck: 1,530 ↓
Extra Skills
«Enhancement-type»
•【Invictus】(SEALED)
•【Conduit】(SEALED)
•【Edge】(SEALED)
«Support-type»
【Blink】 (SEALED)
━━━━━━━━━━
“...This again.”
(E/N: I would panic bro! 😂)
When Vlas, 3rd seat of Russia's〈Semi-Tsar〉, attacked me, the Divine Artifact《Balor's Scorn》had cut all my attributes in half and rendered every one of my skills unusable.
Back then, I had escaped the situation with the help of《Orb of Abrogation》.
But I didn't have it with me now.
My level had fallen to 150, and my attributes had dropped drastically...
...Hm?
These stat values seemed very familiar.
After searching my memory for a moment, I immediately realized it.
These values were exactly the same as Typhon's.
I'd even confirmed it again with【Discernment】, so there was no mistake.
Then, when I examined Typhon's status once more, I noticed that some of Typhon's own skills had also been sealed.
At last, I understood.
One of Typhon's Extra Skills...
【Enfeeble】.
It forcibly lowered everyone's attributes on the battlefield to match its own.
And the other Extra Skill...
【Deadlock】.
Judging from the sealed skills, it rendered enhancement type skills that boosted attributes unusable for both sides.
Compared to《Balor's Scorn》, it wasn't nearly as overwhelming.
Still...
That didn't make it any less troublesome.
Furthermore...
━━━━━━━━━━
《Fly King's Soul Harvest》
• Type: Dagger
• Effects: ━━
• Rank: ━━
• Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━
When I used【Appraisal】on the dagger in my hand, both the Effects and Rank fields were blank.
Nox Chevalier's《Lævateinn》and Carmilla's《Sköfnung》were probably in the same state.
This had to be Typhon's Unique Skill...
【Anti-theosis】.
It sealed the very effects of Divine Artifacts themselves.
That explained why the flames had vanished from Nox Chevalier's greatsword, and why the wounds carved by Carmilla's sword healed instantly.
As for me...
It meant I could no longer add Typhon's attributes to my own.
“What an unbelievably annoying debuff...”
To defeat Typhon, we'd have no choice but to chip away at its vitality little by little.
I returned my dagger to the《Magic Pouch》and borrowed Nox Chevalier's greatsword instead.
In exchange, I handed him《Balmung》.
【Deadlock】only disabled attribute enhancement skills.
In that case...
We'd simply fight with the cards we still had.
Just as before, I combined【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】,【Expiation】,【Warp】, and【Air Step】, weaving freely around Typhon in every direction while steadily carving away at its health.
(E/N: Can any of my readers remind me if we ever had a skill like【Expiation】(I gave it an arbitrary name) / the kanji【懺悔術】(translit. Zan-ge-jutsu)? Or the author just pulled it out of their ahh 😂)
Even with the effects of【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】, I couldn't completely sever the massive dragon heads.
But I could still slice halfway through them.
While interfering with its bleeding through【Cruor Dominion】to mass produce Bloody Soldiers, I deliberately allowed Typhon's sweeping attacks and bites to hit me.
“Ggh...!”
Of course...
There was a reason for this.
Whenever I took damage,【Karma】activated, reflecting the impact and pain directly back onto Typhon.
The way Typhon roared in agony and immediately released its bite proved it.
And there was another reason.
【Charge Counter】.
I intended to accumulate damage, then finish it with a single blow once my attack power had risen high enough.
That was precisely why I was intentionally taking its attacks.
Flying around Typhon, swinging my greatsword, and bombarding it with【Dominion Magic】enhanced by【Azure Inferno】and【Thunder Eclipse】, I steadily built up the accumulated power.
This should be enough...
The instant I made that judgment...
“Samael! Tamuel! Nox! Carmilla! Get away from it, now!”
The moment I shouted the order, Samael and the others all retreated from Typhon at once.
The Bloody Soldiers were expendable.
I left them where they were to pin Typhon down.
“All right... here I go!”
Aiming at Typhon as it struggled to shake off the Bloody Soldiers clinging all over its body, I simultaneously activated【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】,【Charge Counter】, and【Slash Arts】.
Pouring everything into a single strike...
I swung the greatsword with all my might.
The colossal slash tore straight across the battlefield, carving a deep fissure through the earth before crashing directly into Typhon.
The attack released every bit of accumulated power I'd built up.
It split Typhon's enormous body cleanly down the middle.
Its severed halves slowly drifted apart before crashing to the ground with a thunderous roar.
“Whew... Just as planned. One strike was enough.”
In the ensuing silence, three notifications rang out one after another.
『Unique Skill Acquired【Anti-theosis】.』
『Extra Skill Acquired【Enfeeble】.』
『Extra Skill Acquired【Deadlock】.』
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Woohoo! That was amazing! Can Yuito be any more OP after this?! Well, he definitely can, it's Infinite Growth after all!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments