Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 29 — The Father of Monsters
After spending my Skill Points and Excess Experience to strengthen both myself and my familiars, I turned my gaze toward the enormous door that completely eclipsed even the massive volcano.
The imposing door had appeared immediately after Echidna's defeat.
It hadn't shown any movement while I was checking everyone's status, but now the time had finally come.
Unlike before, it wasn't waiting at the end of a stone corridor lit by torches.
Instead, the door had suddenly appeared in the middle of the field, but that didn't change the fact that I had to head toward it.
“Samael, Tamuel, Nox, Carmilla. Beyond that door is the boss of this SS Rank dungeon. Stay sharp!”
~wriggle~rustle~rustle~wriggle~
~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~
~~~~~
“Understood.”
Just as I steeled myself and took a step forward...
A deep, muffled rumble, as though it were crawling up from the depths of the earth, echoed across the surroundings.
“Hm?”
The massive door standing before the volcano slowly began to open on its own.
“…I see. So it's coming to us.”
When the door finally swung fully open, a colossal monster emerged from the darkness beyond, rivaling Echidna in sheer size.
Its total length was nearly 100 meters.
A 100 writhing dragon heads crowned its body.
Its powerful draconic form was covered from head to tail in sturdy dragon scales.
A pair of massive dragon wings extended from its back.
Every time its tree trunk-like legs struck the ground, the earth trembled as though crying out in agony.
It was, in every sense, a natural disaster incarnate.
And an even greater abomination than Echidna.
Without hesitation, I activated【Discernment】to examine its status.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Simplified Status)
Name: Typhon
Race: Drakon Primordiarch
Level 150
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,610 (1,210 + 390)
• Strength: 1,475 (1,210 + 265)
• Endurance: 1,695 (1,210 + 485)
• Agility: 1,530 (1,210 + 320)
• Intelligence: 1,530 (1,210 + 320)
• Spirit: 2,205 (1,210 + 995)
• Dexterity: 1,490 (1,210 + 280)
• Luck: 1,475 (1,210 + 265)
Unique Skill
【Anti-theosis】
Extra Skills
«Resistance-type»
•【Inviolable】
•【Spellbane】
•【Immutable】
•【Insulation】
«Support-type»
•【Enfeeble】
•【Deadlock】
━━━━━━━━━━
“…Hahaha... another creature from mythology.”
And not just any mythical creature.
This was the〈Father of Monsters〉, the being who had once defeated Zeus, the father of the almighty gods, on his own.
Naturally, its level and attributes surpassed Echidna's.
After all, this was the Boss of an SS-Rank dungeon.
Still...
I never expected it to possess a Unique Skill as well.
Isn't that just plain unfair?
To stand against the powerful monsters that emerge from dungeons, hunters raise their levels and hone their skills.
Among them, only a chosen few are granted Unique Skills.
They grow at a pace incomparable to ordinary hunters and become capable of protecting the world from monstrous threats.
That's why I believed those blessings had been granted to humanity, weak as we are.
But...
“So SS-Rank monsters can wield Unique Skills too. I guess once challengers reach this level, there's no need to go easy on humanity anymore... Fine by me!”
If monsters could possess Unique Skills...
Then I could steal them.
To me, there couldn't be a more tempting prize.
“But until I know exactly what those abilities do, I'll have to be even more careful than before.”
The tension naturally rose within me.
Yet before I realized it, a smile had spread across my face.
And now...
The Father of Monsters and the King of Hunters were about to clash.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Their battle would be legendary!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments