Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 28 — The Explosive Growth of My Familiars
After spending the enormous amount of Excess Experience earned from defeating Echidna and the SS-Rank monster army, I managed to acquire and max out every skill that hunters were capable of learning.
Next, I was about to examine my newly acquired skills and strengthen my familiars.
That was when it happened.
Suddenly, a notification echoed through my mind.
『You are a conqueror who has mastered every skill obtainable by humans. In recognition of this great achievement, you are awarded a title.』
『Title Acquired〘Skill Master〙』
Rather than another unexpected notification, it turned out to be my first new title in quite some time.
I brought up my status window again and checked the details.
━━━━━━━━━━
〘Skill Master〙
• A title awarded to a Hunter who has mastered every skill obtainable by humans.
• By acquiring this title, the scope of the《Orb of Skill Paragon》has expanded to include the «Monster-type» Skills.
━━━━━━━━━━
"...Now that's one heck of an incredible title."
Until now, the《Orb of Skill Paragon》had only worked on skills that hunters could learn.
Now that its range had expanded to include «Monster-type» skills, I couldn't help wondering what kinds of new abilities would be created through integration.
I can't wait!
Still, I'd stick to the plan and inspect my new skills first.
━━━━━━━━━━
【Dual Sword Arts】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Modifiers to attack and defense when fighting while dual-wielding longswords (majorly western, double-edged) or shortswords (daggers included).
Strength +10, Dexterity +10
※ Unlock Condition:【Swordsmanship】Lv.5
【Twin Blade Arts】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Modifiers to attack and defense when fighting while dual-wielding katanas or short blades (all single-edged).
Strength +10, Dexterity +10
※ Unlock Condition:【Blade Arts】Lv.5
【Mercy Strike】Lv.10
- If skill-holder inflicts a fatal wound on target while this skill is active, the target will not die;
- The damage itself is not negated, the target will be rendered completely incapacitated.
Strength +10, Dexterity +10
※ Unlock Requirement:【Discipline】Lv.10
【Lunestalker】Lv.10
- Skill-holder's body is able to hide within the shadows while an identical shadow clone fights in your place;
- The shadow clone possesses combat ability equal to skill-holder's own status.
Magic Power +10
※ Can only be used under moonlight, “When moon is at it's brightest and shadows are at their darkest”.
【Teratogenesis】Lv.10
- Allows skill-holder to create and summon monsters that they have previously defeated and freely customize their attribute values and skills in the process;
- Requires no mana consumption;
- Only up to 100 monsters can be summoned at one time.
Magic Power +10
━━━━━━━━━━
First,【Dual Sword Arts】and【Dual Wield】.
I'd been using two daggers all this time, but I'd only managed it by forcing it through my high Dexterity stat.
Since these skills hadn't been a priority, I'd left them for later. Now that I'd officially learned them as actual skills, I'd be able to wield them with much greater precision.
Next was【Mercy Strike】.
No matter how devastating the fatal wound, the target wouldn't die, though they would be completely unable to act.
In other words, it made capturing someone alive possible.
It was the perfect skill for interrogation.
With my current attributes, even while using【Discipline】, I sometimes killed opponents in a single blow.
This skill was incredibly welcome.
Next came【Lunestalker】.
It had the restrictions of requiring moonlight and the time when shadows were darkest, but it allowed me to hide my real body somewhere safe while an equally powerful shadow fought in my place.
Although, I already possessed【Adamantite Body】and【Ward Magic】for defense,【Void Magic】and【Eidolon】for surprise attacks, and【Karma】to reflect damage.
There might not be many situations where I'd actually use it.
...Though, come to think of it, it would probably be perfect for carrying out assassinations without leaving any evidence.
Lastly,【Teratogenesis】.
Echidna had freely created all sorts of monsters.
In my case, however, I was restricted to monsters I'd personally defeated.
Even so, since I could create monsters using my own attributes and skills without consuming any magic power, it wasn't much of a limitation.
The maximum of 100 creations at a time wasn't bad either.
Alongside【Cruor Dominion】, it was a standard skill whose performance rivaled that of a Unique Skill.
That about covered the new skills.
Now then... time to see how much my familiars had grown.
Since I'd become this much stronger, Samael and the others should have grown accordingly.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Sections Only)
Name: Samael, the Toxic Cataclysm
Title:〈Scourge King〉
Level 159 (+20)
Rank: SS-Rank
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,404 (1,349 + 55)
• Strength: 1,354
• Endurance: 1,851 (1,354 + 497)
• Agility: 1,454 (1,354 + 100)
• Intelligence: 1,404 (1,349 + 55)
• Spirit: 2,074 (1,354 + 720)
• Dexterity: 1,349
• Luck: 1,464 (1,349 + 115)
Skill Points
Remaining: 36
━━━━━━━━━━
First was Samael.
His level had risen by 20, and his attributes had grown enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Echidna.
More importantly, his rank had advanced to SS-Rank.
I didn't know exactly what had triggered the promotion, but judging from the difference between him and Echidna, surpassing Level 140 was probably the threshold.
Using his accumulated Skill Points together with my Excess Experience, I maxed out every one of Samael's skills.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Sections Only)
Name: Santa Muerte, the Eternal Magus
Title:〈Eldritch King〉
Level 157 (+30)
Rank: SS-Rank
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,767 (1,321 + 446)
• Strength: 1,316
• Endurance: 1,868 (1,316 + 552)
• Agility: 1,406 (1,316 + 90)
• Intelligence: 1,736 (1,321 + 415)
• Spirit: 2,021 (1,321 + 700)
• Dexterity: 1,471 (1,316 + 155)
• Luck: 1,536 (1,316 + 220)
Skill Points
Remaining: 21
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Sections Only)
Name: Nox Chevalier, the Black Requiem
Title:〈Stygian King〉
Level 157 (+30)
Rank: SS-Rank
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,317
• Strength: 1,487 (1,322 + 165)
• Endurance: 1,922 (1,322 + 600)
• Agility: 1,377 (1,322 + 55)
• Intelligence: 1,372 (1,317 + 55)
• Spirit: 2,087 (1,322 + 765)
• Dexterity: 1,487 (1,322 + 165)
• Luck: 1,482 (1,317 + 165)
Skill Points
Remaining: 32
━━━━━━━━━━
Santa Muerte and Nox Chevalier had experienced the same kind of growth as Samael.
I maxed out all of their skills as well.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated Sections Only)
Name: Carmilla
Title:〈Ravenous Queen〉
Level 142 (+75)
Rank: SS-Rank
Attributes
• Magic Power: 1,126 (1,090 + 36)
• Strength: 1,261 (1,090 + 171)
• Endurance: 1,386 (1,090 + 296)
• Agility: 1,206 (1,090 + 116)
• Intelligence: 1,236 (1,090 + 146)
• Spirit: 1,352 (1,090 + 262)
• Dexterity: 1,181 (1,090 + 91)
• Luck: 1,194 (1,085 + 109)
Skill Points
Remaining: 76
━━━━━━━━━━
Carmilla had finally grown enough to earn a King title and had also advanced to SS-Rank.
It really did seem that surpassing Level 140 was the requirement for reaching SS-Rank.
She now stood well over 2 meters tall, easily towering above me.
Her graceful figure had transformed into that of a breathtaking beauty.
As for her chest, it looked as though her dress might burst apart... no, as if it might spill out at any moment.
Now that Carmilla had finally caught up with the rest of us, I'd have her participate actively in combat from now on.
After maxing out all of her skills, just as I had with my other familiars, I slowly turned around.
Where Echidna had once stood, an enormous door towered before us, resting there silently, as though it had always belonged in that place.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
This is an editing h*ll and I'm a masochist 😂!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments