Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 26 — Innocence Blooming in a World of Death
An SS-Rank army created by Echidna.
Grotesque shrieks and deep, gut-rumbling roars echoed in every direction, while the thunderous tremors of countless abominations pounding across the earth surged up beneath my feet.
Toward that army...
Gripping the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》in a reverse grip, wearing a pure, innocent smile...
I charged alone.
I activated【Battle Master】's innate skill,【Peerless】.
Its effect was simple. Every time I slew an enemy, all of my attributes increased by the target's level.
In this case, 140 points per kill.
The skill required a full day of cooldown before it could be used again, but against an army like this, there was no better skill.
Readjusting my grip on the dagger, I activated【Slash Arts】.
The slash, empowered by the Unique Skill【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】, blasted a clean hole through the front ranks of the enemy formation.
The aftershock of the slash tore straight through their ranks, bisecting the monsters charging across the ground as though they were made of paper.
~
~
~
『Level 152 UP』
『Magic Power +1』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +5』
『Agility +1』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +5』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
『Skill【Wind Sense】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
That single slash had killed roughly 20 monsters.
The individual attribute increases were insignificant, but my level had jumped by five at once, and thanks to【Peerless】, every single attribute had temporarily increased by 2,800.
In other words, my physical abilities and movement speed had undeniably risen to an entirely new level.
Next, I activated【Cruor Dominion】• «Create Bloody Soldier».
Using【Cruor Dominion】to manipulate the blood spilling from the fallen monsters, I created 20 Bloody Soldiers.
Moreover, every single one of them possessed combat power equivalent to SS-Rank.
“...Exterminate the enemy.”
(E/N: Arise ahh command 🤣!)
At my brief command, the Bloody Soldiers charged the surrounding monsters all at once.
“Well then, I suppose it's time to spend all this excess mana... and create a『World of Death』.”
I activated【Thanatos Dominion】.
A crimson wave raced across the jagged rocky ground.
Everywhere it passed, the battlefield was transformed.
The earth became cold, hardened soil of death.
Countless crimson cracks spread across it like branching blood vessels.
And above us, a crimson moon burning scarlet rose into the sky.
Pale souls bearing faces twisted in agony drifted through the empty air, while low, unpleasant moans filled the entire space.
Under its effects, Santa Muerte and Nox Chevalier became truly immortal beings.
Only Samael was unaffected, as he wasn't undead.
As long as I kept an eye on him, there wouldn't be a problem.
…«Bombing»
“…【Parallel Casting】.”
I flicked my finger.
Transparent spheres of magical power shot toward the monsters.
The next instant, blinding explosions erupted, and towering columns of black smoke rose into the sky.
~
~
~
『Level 160 UP』
『Magic Power +1』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +5』
『Agility +1』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +5』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
That single use of【Nova Magic】had raised my level by another 8, while my attributes increased by another 5,600.
Every monster in the army possessed【Spellbane】. As a result,【Dominion Magic】was completely ineffective.
Among my Unique Skills, the only magic capable of directly damaging them was【Nova Magic】.
My offensive options had been reduced to a single choice.
But that was more than enough.
As long as my level and attributes kept increasing without limit, the scale of my magic would naturally continue expanding as well.
Before entering this dungeon, my average attribute value had been around 4,300.
Now, strengthened by【Peerless】, it had reached near 12,700.
Nearly 3 times greater.
Even so, there was still roughly a 10-fold gap between myself and Echidna.
Combined with my own firepower, the number of Bloody Soldiers created through【Cruor Dominion】continued increasing as well.
The battle had already tilted in my favor.
Victory was close.
Yet the army of monsters born from Echidna showed no sign of ending.
No matter how many I killed, black circles continued appearing across the ground, and more monsters crawled out from within them.
It seemed to be a skill that required no mana whatsoever.
Like【Cruor Dominion】, this ability clearly exceeded the limits of an ordinary skill. It was effectively another Unique Skill.
“...I suppose it's time to finish this.”
Part of me wanted to keep leveling forever.
But the dungeon Boss still awaited ahead, and I was curious about the clear reward.
Besides, I wanted to visit America's SS-Rank Dungeon as well.
This would be enough for today.
…«Explosion»
Leaping high into the air, I hurled an enormous sphere of magical power at the army below with【Throwing】.
The next instant, an overwhelming explosion consumed both the army and the earth itself.
And then...
…«Teleport»
Using【Void Magic】, I teleported directly to Echidna.
Activating【Slash Arts】, I unleashed a single slash.
Empowered by the Unique Skill【Zero Sever • Oblivion Edge】and my vastly enhanced Strength stat, the blade tore through Echidna.
~
~
~
『Level 168 UP』
『Magic Power +1』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +5』
『Agility +1』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +5』
『Dexterity +1』
『Luck +5』
『Acquired【Teratogenesis】Lv.10 (MAX)』
Echidna's colossal body was cleaved cleanly in two.
Accompanied by a heavy tremor, her enormous corpse collapsed onto the earth.
“Man... that was a lot of fun. I gained quite a few levels too. For me, this is the perfect dungeon.”
I'll definitely have to come back here regularly.
Suppressing Stampedes provides a perfectly good excuse.
But more importantly, there's no better place to level up.
Using【Cruor Dominion】, I manipulated the blood scattered across the battlefield and created even more Bloody Soldiers.
I stored Echidna's bisected corpse inside the《Magic Pouch》before rejoining Samael and the others.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Best Boss for Status Grinding goes to-! ECHIDNA! And just imagining the World of Death spreading like wildfire is chilling!
Also, forgive me for the delay in upload, had a lot of assignments and the city I moved in is damn humid that I feel disgusting so… Enjoy!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments