Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 25 — The Mother of Monsters' Trump Card
The〈Mother of All Monsters〉, Echidna, unleashed a【Roar】powerful enough to blow away even the raging tempest.
The air itself trembled violently as though it were groaning under the strain, and the shockwave struck both me and Samael, head-on.
That ear-splitting【Roar】could leave anyone with significantly lower Spirit stat completely incapacitated.
But it had no effect on either me or Samael and the others.
The next attack came in the form of the volcano, erupting in response to Echidna's【Roar】.
With a thunderous explosion, countless blazing rocks were hurled into the sky, arcing over Echidna before raining down upon us.
I swung the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》at one of the flaming boulders on a collision course, cleaving it cleanly in half.
Samael shattered his with his tail, Tamuel destroyed them with magic, and Nox blocked them with his tower shield. Each of them dealt with the bombardment effortlessly.
That said, even if we hadn't intercepted them, the attack wasn't based on Echidna's Strength or Intelligence stat.
With my【Inviolable】, and Samael and the others possessing similar resistance skills, taking a direct hit wouldn't have been much of a problem.
Seeing us emerge completely unharmed, Echidna's brow furrowed deeply.
The next instant, I sensed an enormous surge of mana overhead.
Looking up, I saw a gigantic magic circle that covered the sky itself, from which countless bolts of lightning bared their fangs.
I recognized it immediately.
【Lightning Magic】• «Thunder Rain», enhanced with【Thunder Eclipse】, huh…
Instantly, I activated【Void Magic】, «Transfer» , redirecting every single black lightning bolt raining down upon us straight above Echidna.
The very next moment, the rain of black lightning that she herself had unleashed pierced her resilient body.
However, since Echidna's Spirit stat exceeded her Intelligence stat, the attack failed to leave her critically wounded.
A pink wave radiated from Echidna's eyes.
It was the same【Evil Eye: Charm】once possessed by〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla, Boss of one of Russia's Upper S-Rank Dungeon.
But the status attack was meaningless.
Like Echidna, I possessed【Immutable】.
As for Samael and the others, they wore the《Chains of Overlord》, making them immune to mental interference caused by skills and items alike.
“My turn now!”
«Bombing»…
“【Parallel Casting】…”
…«Transfer»
Using【Nova Magic】and【Void Magic】simultaneously, I flicked a transparent sphere of magical power with my finger and transferred it directly beside Echidna.
The next instant, Echidna was engulfed in a chain of explosions.
As the thick cloud of smoke gradually cleared, she remained standing.
She wasn't bleeding, but her body was battered from head to toe, leaving her on the verge of collapse.
Both【Nova Magic】and【Void Magic】were Unique Skills.
An inferior【Spellbane】shouldn't have been able to nullify them.
Still... As expected of an SS-Rank monster.
Despite taking a direct hit from magic cast with over 4,000 Intelligence, she hadn't shed a single drop of blood.
If only she'd bled, I could have turned the tide in my favor with【Cruor Dominion】...
The battered Echidna glared at me with killing intent even stronger than before.
Then countless black circles appeared around her.
Crawling out of those black circles were monsters of every imaginable kind.
Among them were monsters I had already defeated before, including the Emperor Centipede, Amortas Magia, Sleepy Hollow, Carmilla, and others that had become the originals for my familiars.
I immediately activated【Discernment】and examined their statuses.
“...Now that's a surprise.”
Even the lowest-ranked Goblin possessed the same level and attributes as Echidna herself.
In other words, there were countless SS-Rank monsters before me.
However, one thing caught my attention.
Every single one of them possessed exactly the same skills as Echidna.
Normally, even a lowly Goblin should possess nothing more than【Clubmanship】.
As for Carmilla, she should have had signature skills like【Enthrallment】and【Cruor Dominion】.
“...What's going on here?”
Questions flooded my mind, but this wasn't the time to dwell on them.
I could think about it after the battle.
“So you've prepared such high-quality fodder for me... this is perfect!”
Excitement surged through me.
I kicked off the ground with all my strength and charged forward.
The SS-Rank monsters responded in kind, moving all at once.
The next instant...
A lone〘Regalia〙collided head-on with an army of SS-Rank monsters.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Oh sweet Jesus! Status explosion incoming!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments