Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 24 — The Mother of Monsters (M.O.M)

To conquer the SS-Rank Dungeon, I first teleported back to Japan using【Void Magic】and immediately began the raid.

The moment I stepped through the dungeon entrance, the scenery changed completely.

Beyond the rugged, rocky wasteland stood a colossal volcano that seemed to pierce the heavens, its summit glowing a deep crimson.

The sky was shrouded in thick clouds. Thunder roared without end, while violent winds raged fiercely enough to make me instinctively shield my face.

It was truly a field that embodied the terror of natural disasters.

As expected, there were no other hunters besides us. Looking around and confirming with【Omniscence】, I found that there was only a single monster in the entire field.

Keeping my eyes fixed on the gigantic creature sitting at the foot of the volcano, we advanced across the thunderstorm-ridden landscape.

Once it entered the range of【Telescopic Vision】, its full appearance became clear.

It possessed a beautiful face reminiscent of Medusa's, but each strand of its hair was actually a jet-black serpent. Its eyes had vertical reptilian pupils, and its mouth was lined with rows of razor-sharp fangs.

Shifting my gaze downward, I saw that its body was half woman, half serpent. Its upper body was that of a voluptuous woman, while its lower body became the thick, elongated tail of a giant snake.

Its entire body was covered in alternating crimson and black scales, forming an armor that looked incredibly durable at a glance.

Its total length was roughly 100 meters. Since it stood upright on its serpentine tail, it felt as though a 50-meter giant was towering before me.

I activated【Discernment】to examine the monster's status in detail.


━━━━━━━━━━
(Simplified Status)

Name: Echidna

Race: Lamia Broodmother

Level 140


Attribute Values

Magic Power:   1,460 (1,050 + 410)

Strength:           1,335 (1,050 + 285)

Endurance:       1,555 (1,050 + 505)

Agility:               1,390 (1,050 + 340)

Intelligence:     1,280 (1,050 + 230)

Spirit:                2,065 (1,050 + 1,015)

Dexterity:         1,350 (1,050 + 300)

Luck:                 1,335 (1,050 + 285)

━━━━━━━━━━


Its name was Echidna.

The very same name as the being known in mythology as the “Mother of All Monsters”.

Level 140.

I couldn't speak for the other members of the〘Regalia〙, but she was almost exactly in the same level range as me.

Her average attribute value was 1,471.

Her combat power even surpassed that of China's〘Regalia〙, Wang Haoran, whom I had slain.

She possessed an enormous number of skills, all of which had already reached Level 10.

Her Extra Skills included【Inviolable】,【Spellbane】,【Immutable】, and【Insulation】.

And among them was a single unfamiliar skill I'd never seen before.


“...With this thing, anyone short of a〘Regalia〙possessing a Unique Skill wouldn't stand a chance. Seriously... isn't the jump in difficulty a little too extreme?”


I'd become capable of clearing S-Rank Dungeons with ease, so I'd wished for SS-Rank Dungeons in search of a more challenging fight...

But the difficulty had skyrocketed far beyond my expectations.

Well, at least there was only one monster.

If there had been hordes of monsters on this level, I'd have been forced to stay trapped inside this dungeon indefinitely just to suppress Stampedes.

Even so, the creature before me alone was more than enough of a threat.

Destroying an entire nation by itself would be effortless.


“Well then...”


I drew the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》from my《Magic Pouch》.

Next, I cast the【Ward Magic】spells, «Anti-Material Barrier» and «Anti-Magic Barrier» , protecting Carmilla.

Carmilla had already reached Level 94 and grown to the equivalent of an Upper S-Rank hunter.

Even so, there was still nearly a twofold gap between her and Echidna.

I couldn't honestly call her anything but a burden in this battle.

She would have her chance to shine in America's S-Rank Dungeons instead.

I reversed my grip on the dagger once more, steeling my resolve for battle.

As if responding to my fighting spirit, Echidna unleashed a【Roar】powerful enough to blow away even the raging tempest.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

I have a feeling this monster is the perfect match for Yuito's growth. But more than that…

Mommy!!! 🤣

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing