Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 23 — Alone into the Unknown Abyss

Guildmaster Johnson had prepared a residence to serve as my base of operations, along with several beautiful women.

Under normal circumstances, I'd have happily taken them straight to the bedroom, but with the appearance of the SS-Rank Dungeon, I had more important things to deal with.

Without even looking around the house or spending time with the women, I activated【Void Magic】and teleported to the Japanese Hunter's Guild Headquarters.

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢

The location was the Japanese Hunter's Guild Headquarters, specifically the Guildmaster's office on the top floor.

Right in front of me, the Guildmaster sat at his desk with his head in his hands, looking completely overwhelmed.


“...Guildmaster.”


“Hm? Ah, Hunter Matsubara! W-Why are you here!?”


The Guildmaster hurriedly stood up from his desk and rushed over.


“I've wrapped up my dungeon raids in America, so I came back. Naturally, it's because of the SS-Rank Dungeon.”


“T-That's... truly a relief. I was just agonizing over how to deal with it.”


“Then please take me to the location where the SS-Rank Dungeon appeared. My familiars and I will clear it.”


“W-Wait, Matsubara Hunter! Isn't that far too dangerous? We have no idea how powerful the monsters in an SS-Rank Dungeon are. Wouldn't it be better to request assistance from our ally, Russia, and tackle it together?”


“Your concern is understandable, but I don't think that's possible. Russia has already had an SS-Rank Dungeon appear as well, so they're undoubtedly occupied dealing with it.
As for America, even hunters at the level of an〘Transcendent〙aren't strong enough. They've only deployed members of the〘Regalia〙. In the end, I'm the only one who can handle this.”


“I-I see...”


“Guildmaster, please don't worry. I'll make it back alive.”


“...Understood. I'll take you there immediately.”


We left the office, took the elevator down, passed through the first-floor lobby, and headed outside.

We climbed into the back seat of a car that had already been prepared.

The engine started quietly, and the car slowly pulled away.

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢

The SS-Rank Dungeon had appeared in a residential district in Minato Ward.

The dungeon's appearance had triggered a massive earthquake, so the Self-Defense Forces and the fire department were carrying out rescue operations. There wasn't a single civilian left nearby.

Members of〈King of Swords〉,〈Ifrit Legion〉, and〈Valkyries of Restoration〉surrounded the dungeon entrance, maintaining a tense formation, ready to enter battle at any moment.

After getting out of the car, the Guildmaster and I headed toward where the Clanmasters of each clan had gathered.


“Huh? Hunter Matsubara? Why are you here? I heard you transferred to America...”


The Clan Master of〈King of Swords〉, Tensei Suzuki, spotted me first and looked at me suspiciously.


“It's been a while, everyone. I'll explain the transfer in detail later. Let's set that aside for now. Right now, I'm going to clear the SS-Rank Dungeon.”


“...By yourself?”


“Well, practically. I'll be bringing my familiars with me.”


“Don't you need our help?”


The Clan Master of〈Ifrit Legion〉, Karen Miura, spoke despite knowing her own strength wasn't enough, her concern focused entirely on my safety.


“I hate to say it, but anyone who isn't a〘Regalia〙would only be throwing their life away. Even among the strongest forces of each nation, there are hunters on the level of Upper S-Rank and even〘Transcendents〙, but even they aren't strong enough.
At the very least, I believe only someone capable of soloing an Upper S-Rank Dungeon has the qualifications to challenge it.”


“I see... I was thinking of accompanying you as a healer, but it sounds like I'd only get in the way... no, I'd probably die without accomplishing anything.”


The Clan Master of〈Valkyries of Restoration〉, Honoka Kikuchi, crossed her arms, making her ample chest stand out even more, then rested a hand against her cheek with a sigh.


“I'd like all of you to remain here just in case. Even for a〘Regalia〙, this is still an unknown dungeon. If I fail to clear it, then at least strike back against the monsters.”


“Understood. Leave the rest to us.”


“Right. Don't worry about us. Focus on clearing the dungeon.”


“Hunter Matsubara, please be careful.”


“Thank you, everyone. I'll be going now.”


I stood alone before the black oval entrance to the dungeon.

Then I returned briefly to《Laputa》, brought back Samael and the others, and returned.

Now then... SS-Rank Dungeon.

The raid begins!


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Haven't heard about these guys in agaes, good to see them doing well!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing