Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 21 — A World Rewritten

After clearing the second dungeon and using the Divine Artifact reward to alter the world, I returned to the surface through the return magic circle.

Suddenly, an emotionless voice echoed down from the heavens.

It sounded almost identical to the voice that announced stat increases and skill acquisition.


『Through the power of a Divine Artifact, the「Rights to Alter the World」have been exercised. The laws of the world will now be altered.』


『The First Law shall be altered. Statuses will be granted to all humans currently alive, as well as to all humans yet to be born.


『The Second Law shall be altered. Humans who reach Level 100 will undergo racial evolution.


『The Third Law shall be altered. SS-Rank Dungeons will be created. The first countries in which they will appear are India, China, Russia, Japan, and the United States.


『Humans... strive for even greater heights, and entertain me.』

(E/N: This has to be the author 😂)


The final words were delivered with an unmistakably condescending tone.

The owner of that voice was almost certainly the god who had previously interfered with my stats and Unique Skills.

But right now, my attention was drawn to the notification about racial evolution instead.


『Yuito Matsubara has reached Level 100.』


『Conditions fulfilled. Yuito Matsubara will evolve from the “Human” Race into the “Battlefolk” Race.』


Without warning, my body began to emit a faint glow.

A gentle light enveloped me, and I felt a strange sensation, as though something deep beneath my skin was being rewritten.

Gradually, the light faded away.


『Evolution complete. By evolving into the Battlefolk Race, your internal organs and immune system have been strengthened, and your maximum lifespan has been extended to 500 years.』


Once the notifications ended, I slowly opened and closed my hands, testing my body.

I couldn't feel any obvious difference compared to before evolving.

My physical abilities had already been strengthened plenty through leveling up, and thanks to the benefits of being a〘Transcendent〙, I already possessed conditional【Inviolable】and【Spellbane】.

In other words, the only tangible benefit of this racial evolution was an extended lifespan.

Still, in an age where advances in medical technology allowed people to live around a hundred years, a lifespan of 500 years was extraordinary.

It certainly wasn't a bad deal.

Then, without warning, the ground began to shake violently.

The powerful tremor continued for about thirty seconds before finally subsiding.

The people around me looked utterly shaken, shouting things like, “What the hell was that!?”

I, however, remained perfectly calm.

The world alteration announcement had clearly stated that SS-Rank Dungeons would be created.

An earthquake on this scale could only mean that SS-Rank Dungeons had appeared in those 5 countries.

Japan was among them.

Perhaps I should return to Japan today.

At present, there wasn't a single person in Japan capable of conquering an SS Rank Dungeon.

If a Stampede were to occur, the nation itself could collapse.

I'd probably have to thin out the monsters there on a regular basis.

Passing through the plaza still scarred by the battle, I headed toward Oliver.

After asking him to handle the sale of the materials, I laid out the materials from ten Ulfhedinn and Walpurgis at the Guild branch counter.

Once the staff finished their inspection, the purchase price came to 7,743,600 dollars, or approximately 1.2 billion yen.

After completing the sale, I got into the back seat of the car, and Oliver drove us toward Guild Headquarters.

When I first met the Guildmaster, he had offered to arrange both a residence and women for me.

I had accepted.

First, I'd inspect the residence and the women.

After that, I'd return to Japan and conquer the SS-Rank Dungeon.

I intended to move in secret, since making it public would only invite unnecessary trouble.

Even if it did come to light, I didn't particularly care.

In America...

I was a King.

I wouldn't allow anyone to complain.

America had two〘Regalias〙.

They should be more than capable of handling the country's SS-Rank Dungeon.

Leaning back into the rear seat, I closed my eyes.

As the car glided smoothly along, my thoughts quietly drifted toward the unknown SS-Rank Dungeon that awaited.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Certainly there are more advantages of having a longer lifespan than what Yuito thinks. Could any of my readers point it out?

Also, I moved to another city for training purposes and it's been a little difficult to settle in. So expect little delay in uploads. Thanks and orz!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing