Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 20 — Judgement of the Divine Artifact

After defeating the King of the Werewolves, Walpurgis, a magnificent treasure chest emerged from a rift in space.

I immediately opened the lid.

Inside were materials such as Walpurgis's magic stone and pelt...

Along with a transparent sphere.

I picked up the sphere and activated【Appraisal】.


━━━━━━━━━━

World Edict

  • Type: Consumable Item

  • Effects:

     ① Grants the right to alter the current laws governing humans and monsters;

   Remaining uses: 3

   ※ Decision of carrying out the requested alteration rests in God's hand.

     ② Indestructible.

  • Rank: Mythical

  • Condition: Excellent

  ※ Among the Mythical Artifacts created by the gods, this is one of the rare Divine Artifacts that exists in multiple copies.

━━━━━━━━━━


Although it was limited to humans and monsters, this was an outrageously overpowered cheat item capable of rewriting the very laws of the world.

On top of that, it was apparently one of the few Divine Artifacts that existed in multiple copies.

But...

The moment I read its description, only one idea for altering the laws governing humanity flashed through my mind.


“All right, let's use it right away!… ‘May every woman in the world fall in love with me unconditionally!’... Well!? How about it!?”

(E/N: Your mother, YOUR MOTHER 🤣 🤣)


『...The user's requested alteration has been rejected.』


“Why the hell not!?”


I dropped to my knees and looked up at the heavens in despair.


“I risked my life conquering an S-Rank Dungeon and earned this Mythical reward through blood and sweat... Isn't that just way too cruel!?”


I really thought I was about to build a worldwide harem...

Damn it.


“O-Okay then... ‘May every single unmarried woman in the world fall in love with me unconditionally.’. What about this!?”


『...The user's requested alteration has been rejected.』


“Like I said, why the hell not!? They're single! They don't have boyfriends or husbands! Can't you at least grant one wholesome dream of a healthy young man!?”


The cry I squeezed out from the depths of my soul vanished into empty space without reaching anyone.


“Tch... So selfish wishes get rejected automatically, huh? Is this thing really a Divine Artifact?”


Well, setting that aside.

If I was going to think seriously about it... what should I choose?

If I was going to alter the laws governing humanity, it should be something that benefited everyone equally.

And in this world where Dungeons, monsters, and Hunters existed...

I wanted to give as many people as possible the chance to truly enjoy living.


I want every human currently alive, as well as everyone born in the future, to receive Hunter status without needing to enter a Dungeon.
Furthermore, for those with the aptitude, I want them to be granted a Unique Skill from the very beginning.


America wasn't the only place where the strong preyed upon the weak.

This world itself was like that.

To survive in such a harsh reality, I wanted everyone to possess the strength to protect themselves.

With that wish in mind, I exercised the first alteration right.


『The user's requested alteration has been accepted.』


Looks like it went through.

Then next.

If this change inspired more people to strive for greater heights, there should also be rewards awaiting those who advanced even further.

Not merely greater strength...

But racial evolution for humanity itself.

A blessing that would allow those capable of standing against powerful monsters to survive for as long as possible.


I want those who reach a certain level to undergo racial evolution.


『The user's requested alteration has been accepted.』


That proposal was accepted without issue as well.

Then for the last one...

This was purely my own selfish desire.


I want a new Dungeon to be created, one where monsters stronger than Upper S-Rank Dungeon Bosses will appear.


Just moments ago, I had wished for as many people as possible to survive in this unforgiving world.

I knew full well that this proposal could undermine that wish.

But S-Rank Dungeons were no longer enough for me.

For my own growth.

And above all...

Because I wanted to enjoy Dungeons even more.

I simply wanted to fight even stronger monsters.


『The user's requested alteration has been accepted.』


Once I had used all three alteration rights, the transparent sphere dissolved into countless particles of light and faded away.


“Well then, that's enough dungeon conquering for today. Good work, Samael, all of you.”


After thanking my familiars for their efforts, I activated the return magic circle and teleported back to the surface.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Hilarious chapter but the first wish has side effects such as increasing crime rate and strengthening of underworld and more. Racial evolution is fun! Let's see how those new dungeons will be!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing