Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 17 — Moonlit Forests and Howls of the Werewolves

After effortlessly wiping out dozens of S-Rank Hunters, I entered the second S-Rank Dungeon with Samael and the others.

The scenery changed in an instant.

Spread out before us was a moonlit forest that closely resembled the one in Russia's Upper S-Rank Dungeon, where I had fought the〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla.

The only difference was that this wasn't a lifeless forest of withered trees. It was alive, lush with vibrant green foliage.

As I advanced with【Night Vision】maintaining my visibility, I sensed something rapidly weaving through the trees toward us.

Rustle, rustle.

The sound of undergrowth being trampled echoed through the forest.

Turning toward the noise, I saw two crimson orbs floating in the darkness.

Eyes.

A moment later, it burst from the shadows.

A towering, muscular beast covered from head to toe in thick fur.

I observed it in an instant.

It carried no weapon.

Its fangs and body were weapons enough.

Walking upright on two legs, it charged straight at me, driven by pure predatory instinct.


Grrrraaaah!


With a step as swift as the wind, it drove its right fist toward me.

I caught it effortlessly with my left palm.

It immediately withdrew its fist and followed up with a roundhouse kick aimed at the right side of my head.

I blocked it with my right hand, causing the beast to quickly leap backward and widen the distance.


Grrrraaaahhh!


Its【Roar】shook the surrounding trees.

Drawing one leg back, it leaned forward before kicking off the ground.

A ferocious charge.

It was noticeably faster than before.

Both its punches and kicks had become dramatically more powerful.

Judging from the status I had seen earlier with【Discernment】, it had activated【Berserk】.

A skill that multiplied Strength, Endurance, and Agility stats by four in exchange for losing all reason.

Although, to be fair, it hadn't seemed to possess any reason to begin with.

If a monster already stronger than an A-Rank Dungeon Boss became four times stronger, its stats would easily reach between 1,000 and 2,000.

Even if only its Strength, Endurance, and Agility stats were enhanced, those numbers surpassed those of an average〘Regalia〙.

Every time I blocked one of its attacks, a shockwave erupted, causing the surrounding trees to creak and sway violently.

But...

Even so, it couldn't reach me.

Its raw stats were inferior to mine, and with【Inviolable】, blunt force attacks were meaningless.

Compared to this, a〘Regalia〙possessing Divine Artifacts or Unique Skills was still the greater threat.

The instant it launched another roundhouse kick, I activated【Warp】and appeared behind it.

Grabbing its head, I twisted it with all my strength.

With a dull crack, the beast died instantly.

I looked down at the corpse once more.

A bipedal wolf.

A werewolf.


“So your name is... Ulfhedinn. You became a little more entertaining after activating【Berserk】. But in the end, you're still just fodder.”

(E/N: Úlfhéðinn, pronounced Oolf-heth-inn, is an Old Norse term for elite, wolf-skinned warriors. It basically refers to a werewolf. Check it out!)


Using the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》, I carved off a piece of its flesh and bit into it to strengthen myself through【Voracity】.


『Intelligence +5』


After storing the corpse inside the《Magic Pouch》, I resumed my advance.

The goal was to defeat 200 of them.

The Ulfhedinn kept emerging from the darkness one after another, and I mechanically swept them aside.


~
~
~

『Level 147 UP』

『Magic Power +5』

『Strength +4』

『Endurance +2』

『Agility +6』

『Intelligence +5』

『Spirit +8』

『Dexterity +7』

『Luck +5』


I had reached the target of defeating 200 monsters.

Eventually, I arrived at a place where the trees curved inward in a semicircle, forming a tunnel.

Looking inside, I saw that instead of stone paving, a dirt path stretched into the depths.

Torches stood at regular intervals along the way.

There was no doubt.

This was the entrance leading to the Boss Chamber.


“It's only an ordinary S-Rank Dungeon. The Boss shouldn't amount to much. Let's finish this quickly and see what reward awaits us.”


Together, we stepped into the tunnel of trees.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

I'm in lo~ve~ with a monster! 😂 

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing