Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 16 — The End of Self Defense
The large man who had looked down on me and picked a fight made the first move.
That made it a clear case of self defense.
I pulled the《King Minotaur's Earthcleaver》, which I had obtained from the previous dungeon, out of my《Magic Pouch》and split him cleanly in two with a single strike.
As I searched through the spoils, the surrounding Hunters drew their weapons one after another, surrounding me and blocking every possible escape route.
Judging by the killing intent they radiated and the look in their eyes, they had no intention of taking me alive.
In that case, there was no need to hold back.
I drew the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》from my《Magic Pouch》and struck first.
Activating【Eidolon】, I teleported behind one of the Hunters and slashed with my dagger.
His head flew into the air, spraying blood everywhere, still wearing an expression that had yet to comprehend what had happened.
“Ah! He's over there!”
A woman on the opposite side pointed at me and shrieked.
A spearman reacted instantly, thrusting his long spear toward me.
I deflected its trajectory with my dagger, severed his arm in one fluid motion, stepped inside his guard, and drove the blade into his throat.
“You bastard! Don't get so full of yourself!”
A furious shout came from behind me.
Without turning around, I kicked aside the double bladed axe that came crashing down.
As the man stumbled backward, losing his balance, I picked up the fallen spear from the ground and activated【Rupture】.
One thrust pierced straight through his heart.
Without missing a beat, I thrust my dagger behind me.
“Gah...!”
The Hunter, dressed like an assassin in a black robe, had probably tried to launch a surprise attack using【Stealth】or【Phantom】.
But I'd already detected him with【Omniscence】.
There wasn't even any need to turn around.
“Everyone, get back!【Fire Magic】• «Fire Swords»!”
A rain of flaming swords poured down from above.
With【Spellbane】, they posed no threat, but I instinctively leapt backward.
The moment I landed, I activated【Void Magic】.
I teleported behind the woman who had cast【Fire Magic】and pierced her heart.
A martial artist and an axe wielder attacked me simultaneously from both sides.
A sharp kick came from the left.
An axe swung from the right.
I didn't dodge.
Instead, I stomped the ground beneath me.
The earth collapsed inward, and spiderweb like cracks spread across the ground.
“...!”
“Whoa!”
The shockwave threw both of them off balance.
«Flame Pillar»
“【Parallel Casting】•【Azure Inferno】.”
Magic circles formed beneath their feet, and towering pillars of azure flame shot toward the heavens.
“【Lightning Magic】• «Thunder Chains»!”
“【Debuff Magic】• «Blindness»!”
“【Ice Magic】• «Icicle Rain»!”
Some tried to bind me with【Lightning Magic】, inflict a status ailment with【Debuff Magic】, and finish me off with【Ice Magic】.
As teamwork, it wasn't bad.
But before【Spellbane】and【Immutable】, it was all meaningless.
Now it was my turn.
«Tidal Wave»
“【Parallel Casting】•【Riptide】.”
I unleashed a massive tsunami in every direction, and the instant it swallowed them, I created a gigantic whirlpool at its center.
«Absolute Zero»
The whirlpool froze solid in an instant.
That settled it.
But the frozen statues of their corpses were an eyesore.
«Sun Fall»
“...【Azure Inferno】.”
From the magic circle overhead, a blazing sun wrapped in azure flames descended into existence.
The azure flaming sun plummeted, tearing through the atmosphere.
I teleported outside the range with【Void Magic】.
The next instant, the azure sun collided with the frozen statues, and a thick white mist engulfed the entire area.
Leaving the mist behind me, I walked toward the entrance registration.
When I presented my Hunter ID, the staff member accepted it with a deathly pale face and processed it with trembling hands.
After completing the procedure, I moved to the black oval shaped entrance.
I temporarily returned to《Laputa》, brought Samael and the others back with me and then began conquering the second dungeon.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
With their noses high up into the clouds, this stupidity is expected! Well, they were waste of oxygen nonetheless.
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments