Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 15 — Proof of a Weak Nation
After clearing the King Minotaur Dungeon, I headed for the second S-Rank Dungeon in the car driven by Oliver.
The car gradually slowed to a stop in front of a plaza bustling with Hunters.
Oliver opened the door for me, and after stepping out, I simply said, “I'm off”, before heading toward the entrance registration.
Once again, merely walking through the plaza drew countless stares.
Then it happened.
A man stepped into my path, blocking the way, and spoke in a rough voice.
“Hey! Come here for a second.”
(E/N: Man, mind yo own business!)
He stood around 190 centimeters tall.
With his large, well built frame, he carried a greatsword nearly as tall as himself.
He looked down at me with utter contempt.
After glancing at his ear, I replied in clumsy English.
“...What's up?”
“You're a foreigner, aren't you? What country are you from?”
“I'm from Japan.”
“Japan? What's a Hunter from some weak little country doing here?”
Holding a conversation in English any longer was going to be difficult.
I activated my phone's translation function, converting my words into English.
Turning the volume to maximum so he (and everyone in the vicinity) could hear clearly, I answered.
“I came to clear an S-Rank Dungeon.”
“Hah! A Hunter from a weak little country could never clear a dungeon in this nation. Go home before you get yourself killed.”
“...That's none of your business. Move aside.”
“Huh? I'm trying to look out for you, and that's the attitude you're giving me?”
“The rude one here is you. I don't need your concern. Move.”
“Ah, I get it. I'll give you credit for having the guts to talk back to me, but if you don't apologize right now, your head's coming off the next second.”
He blocked my path out of nowhere, mocked my country as weak, and then demanded an apology for no reason.
What a complete a**hole.
...Though, to be fair, I wasn't exactly helping by responding so aggressively.
“I won't defend or dodge. Go ahead, asshole.”
At the same time I taunted him, I raised my middle finger.
(E/N: Ragebait approved 😂!)
Veins bulged on his forehead as his hand reached for the hilt of his greatsword.
The next instant, the blade came flying toward my neck.
I'd already confirmed with【Appraisal】that the greatsword was only Legendary-grade.
That's why, just as I'd declared, I neither defended nor dodged.
If it had been a Mythical-grade weapon, even after provoking him, I would've avoided it.
Thud!
The greatsword, swung with the strength of an S-Rank Hunter, struck my neck directly.
However, thanks to【Inviolable】, I took no damage whatsoever.
The man stared back and forth between the blade that should have cut into my neck and my completely calm expression, his eyes widening in shock.
I didn't let that opening go to waste.
I pulled out the《King Minotaur's Earthcleaver》from the《Magic Pouch》and used【Warp】to appear behind him.
Then I brought the raised battle axe crashing down onto the top of his head.
In the next instant, his body split cleanly in two.
It didn't end there.
The axe's earth cleaving slash and shockwave tore through the ground, carving a long, deep fissure across the plaza.
Dust and chunks of concrete flew into the air.
“If you hadn't picked a fight with me, you might've lived a little longer... What an idiot.”
I walked over to the bisected corpse lying in a pool of blood and collected both his greatsword and his《Magic Pouch》.
“...Hm?”
【Omniscence】picked up multiple reactions.
Presences were spreading out, surrounding me.
I stood up and looked around.
Numerous Hunters had drawn their weapons, directing killing intent toward me.
Some of them probably had nothing to do with the man I'd just killed.
But the fact that a foreigner had killed one of their own had apparently stirred them into action.
“So they're all eager to die... Fine by me.”
I planted the battle axe into the ground and pulled the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》from my《Magic Pouch》.
Just like in the first S-Rank Dungeon...
Another S-Rankers extermination battle was about to begin.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Small fry will always be small fry 😂!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments