Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 14 — The Forgotten Report

After clearing the first S-Rank Dungeon, we returned to the surface through the return magic circle.

Making sure not to block the dungeon entrance, I moved a short distance away and was about to head over to my local support staff member, Oliver.

Just then...

My phone began to ring.

The name displayed on the screen was Guildmaster Ogawa.

At that moment, I suddenly remembered.

The recruitment offer... and the fact that, at least officially, I had agreed to transfer to America during my meeting with the members of the〈Thirteen Warriors〉.

My objective was to change the current state of affairs, where people conveniently used the phrase "survival of the fittest" to justify trampling on the rights and dignity of others.

...Though, to be honest, most of my focus was still on conquering dungeons.

That was precisely why I had accepted the transfer in name only.

However, I had completely forgotten to inform the Guild Director and our ally, Russia, about it.

I'd gotten too absorbed in dungeon exploration.

I pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

◇◆◇


“Hello.”


「H-Hunter Matsubara! Just what on earth happened!?」


“Guildmaster, I'm sorry. I'll explain everything from the beginning... so please give me a moment.”


I switched the call to mute and quietly murmured,


“«Return to Laputa»”


Taking Samael and the others with me, I teleported to《Laputa》.

After disabling mute, I put the phone back to my ear.


“Sorry for the wait. I'll explain everything from the beginning.
America is currently a country ruled by brute force, where survival of the fittest is the law. Even if someone murders a person they dislike on the street, or forcibly assaults a woman they pass by, the prevailing belief is that the victim is at fault for being weak.”


「...Yes, I'm aware.」


“That's the kind of country it is. As one of the〘Regalia〙, no matter what crimes I committed, I would effectively be above the law. The Guildmaster tried to recruit me by saying I could enjoy true freedom.”


「I see.」


“However, the reason I agreed to transfer wasn't to indulge in that so called true freedom. It was to conquer America's dungeons... and to change what America has become.”


「Th-Then... you're not actually becoming an American Hunter!?」


“That's right. I'll continue to be a Japanese Hunter. If you're still worried, I don't mind forming an ‘Oath of Soul’ with you using a contract-type Divine Artifact.”


「S-Such a power exists...? No, I trust you, Hunter Matsubara... but just to be safe, could I ask you to make that contract?」


“Of course. I'll visit tomorrow morning. Also, could you explain the situation to our ally, Russia?”


「I understand... but do you think Russia will actually believe me?」


“I've already formed an ‘Oath of Soul’ with Russia's Guildmaster and the leader of the〈Semi-Tsar〉. They'll certainly be surprised, but they'll at least be willing to hear the explanation.”


「Understood. I'll explain everything to them.」


“Please do. Also, if America makes any suspicious moves, contact me immediately.”


「Of course. Then I'll see you tomorrow.」


“Yes. Goodbye.”


◇◆◇

After ending the call, I left Samael and the others in《Laputa》and returned to the Minotaur Dungeon using【Void Magic】.

Passing through the plaza bustling with Hunters, I headed toward Oliver, who was waiting beside the car.

I asked him to handle the sale of the monster materials on my behalf, then headed to the Guild Branch Office.

After laying out the materials from 10 Minotaurs and the King Minotaur, the staff immediately began their appraisal.

The appraisal was complete.

The purchase price came to 7,856,400 dollars, approximately 1.2 billion yen.

After finishing the sale, I returned to the car and took my seat in the back.

With Oliver behind the wheel, we set off for the second S-Rank Dungeon.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Good thing Johnson's offer didn't force Yuito to fight for America against other nations or Yuito might not have been able yo sign the contract at all since, yk, Oath of Soul has been done with Russia already and there might have been contradictions.

Also, Ogawa needn't worry since Yuito's parents are still in Japan otherwise, he would have taken them with him.

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing