Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 13 — Defeating the Minotaur King
After defeating 200 Minotaurs and checking and updating the current status of my familiars, I pushed open the massive door to the boss chamber and stepped inside.
The moment I reached the center of the room, 11 spheres of light descended from above.
One of them shone far brighter than the others, and from the darkness emerged 10 Minotaurs, followed by a monster standing roughly 10 meters tall, its muscular frame carrying a battle axe larger than itself.
“Its name is King Minotaur... About twice the size of a normal Minotaur. It's on the same scale as Argos and Hecatoncheir... but in reality, it just has higher attributes and skill levels.”
Holding the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》in a reverse grip, I slowly walked toward it.
As usual, I could leave the subordinate Minotaurs to Samael and the others.
BMOOOOOOO!
Its deafening roar carried the power of【Sovereign Aura】.
An overwhelming pressure, as though the air itself had been compressed, slammed into my entire body, making my fingertips tingle slightly.
But my Spirit stat was higher.
It wasn't a problem.
BMOOOOOOO!!!
Perhaps irritated that its prey hadn't budged, it unleashed an even more powerful roar.
The very air trembled, and the ground beneath my feet groaned.
The next instant, accompanied by thunderous tremors, it raised its enormous battle axe and charged.
Each step it took made my vision violently shake.
Pure brute force.
The moment the King Minotaur stepped within 10 meters, I activated【Void Magic】.
【Void Magic】... «Swap»
In an instant, the King Minotaur and I exchanged places.
Bmoo?
Its massive body froze for a split second as its target suddenly vanished.
The instant we switched places, I completely erased my presence with【Eidolon】.
Then I slipped beneath its feet using【Warp】and kicked off the ground.
In a single breath, I reached the height of its head.
【Slash Arts】 activated.
A flash of light.
A perfectly straight slash carved across its tree trunk thick neck, and after a brief pause, its head silently slid free.
Blood erupted skyward.
Its colossal body collapsed to its knees before crashing to the ground with a thunderous quake.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
The subordinate Minotaurs were also wiped out to the last one by Samael and the others.
Samael began devouring the corpses, while I absorbed them myself to strengthen my body through【Voracity】.
Before long, the King Minotaur's corpse dissolved into particles of light, and space itself split apart.
From within emerged an ornate treasure chest.
When I opened it, I found monster materials such as a mana stone and testicles, along with a battle axe that emitted a dull crimson black glow.
I picked it up and activated【Analysis】.
━━━━━━━━━━
《King Minotaur's Earthcleaver》
• Type: Battle Axe
• Effects:
① Generates earth cleaving slashes and shockwaves;
※Its true power can only be unleashed by those with at least 500 Strength value.
② Indestructible;
③ Strength +80, Dexterity +80
• Rank: Mythical
• Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━
“This time, the dungeon reward is exactly what I'd expect.”
The earth cleaving slashes were certainly powerful, but required at least 500 Strength value...
In practice, it was a weapon exclusively for S-Rank warrior types.
I already possessed several Mythical-grade weapons, but this was the first one I'd seen with such a clearly defined restriction.
...There might be weapons out there with even more crippling limitations.
“Well then, that's one S-Rank Dungeon cleared.”
I stored the corpses and the battle axe inside the《Magic Pouch》, then used the return magic circle to teleport back to the surface.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Has anyone ever played Exiled Kingdoms? This axe reminds me of that Minotaur King's Axe!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments