Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 12 — Strengthening My Familiars
After instantly eliminating the arrogant fools who had overestimated themselves, I resumed clearing the dungeon.
Leading Samael, the others, and the Bloody Soldiers, I advanced across the field.
Then, accompanied by earth-shaking tremors, a gigantic bull-headed beast carrying an enormous battle axe appeared ahead of us.
I checked its status with【Discernment】.
“Its name is Minotaur... a close combat monster that excels at wielding an axe. Other than that, there's nothing particularly noteworthy about it.”
As the Minotaur charged toward me with an enraged snort, I gripped the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》in a reverse grip and strode forward without hesitation.
BMOOOOOOO!
The battle axe was effortlessly raised overhead before being swung down with tremendous force.
A thunderous crash echoed through the area, kicking up a cloud of dust as a long, deep fissure split the earth.
I leapt over the attack.
Using【Air Step】to create a foothold, I crouched deeply in midair to accelerate, then decapitated the Minotaur as I passed by.
Its massive head crashed onto the ground, spraying blood everywhere as the giant body slowly dropped to its knees.
The battle was over in an instant.
Holding out my hand toward the blood flowing from the corpse, I activated【Cruor Dominion】.
This time, instead of creating a Bloody Soldier, I formed a Bloody Spear.
I handed my dagger to Carmilla, who stood nearby, then used【Telescopic Vision】to survey the surroundings.
After confirming that no other Hunters were engaged in combat nearby, I drew the Bloody Spear back with all my strength.
Then I activated【Throwing】.
The Bloody Spear shot through the air at terrifying speed, tearing through the atmosphere before piercing a distant Minotaur.
All that remained was its headless body.
“Now it's all about efficiency. I've set a new goal of defeating 200 monsters, and I intend to accomplish it.”
While collecting mana stones that were within reach, I ignored the monsters I had killed from long range and focused solely on increasing my kill count.
~
~
~
『Level 144 UP』
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +8』
『Endurance +2』
『Agility +1』
『Intelligence +5』
『Spirit +2』
『Dexterity +6』
『Luck +7』
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
By devouring the Minotaur corpses with【Voracity】, I steadily strengthened myself.
I successfully reached my goal of defeating 200 monsters.
At the base of a rocky mountain that towered above all the others, a gigantic cave gaped open.
Peering inside, I found a long stone corridor illuminated by torchlight.
It seemed this was the entrance leading to the Boss chamber.
I stepped inside and, as I walked, checked the statuses of my familiars.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated sections only)
Name: Samael, the Toxic Cataclysm
Title:〈Scourge King〉
Level: 129 (+7)
Attributes
Magic Power: 957 (902 + 55)
Strength: 907
Endurance: 1,404 (907 + 497)
Agility: 1,007 (907 + 100)
Intelligence: 957 (902 + 55)
Spirit: 1,607 (907 + 700)
Dexterity: 902
Luck: 1,017 (902 + 115)
Skill Points
26
━━━━━━━━━━
Samael's outstanding Endurance and Spirit stats were on par with a〘Regalia〙.
Its other attributes were equivalent to S-Rank.
Compared to my other familiars, it possessed fewer types of skills, with most of them concentrated in the Resistance category.
A King monster specialized entirely in defense.
I spent its accumulated Skill Points on【Fire Magic Resistance】and【Lightning Magic Resistance】.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated sections only)
Name: Santa Muerte, the Eternal Magus
Title:〈Eldritch King〉
Level: 127 (+7)
Attributes
Magic Power: 1,326 (880 + 446)
Strength: 875
Endurance: 1,427 (875 + 552)
Agility: 965 (875 + 90)
Intelligence: 1,295 (880 + 415)
Spirit: 1,580 (880 + 700)
Dexterity: 1,030 (875 + 155)
Luck: 1,095 (875 + 220)
Skill Points
28
━━━━━━━━━━
Santa Muerte possessed exceptionally high attributes across the board.
With Magic, Enhancement, and Support skills all at its disposal, it was the most well balanced King.
On the other hand, maxing out all of its skills would take a considerable amount of time.
I allocated its Skill Points to【Mana Control】and【Necromancy】.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated sections only)
Name: Nox Chevalier, the Black Requiem
Title:〈Stygian King〉
Level: 127 (+6)
Attributes
Magic Power: 876
Strength: 1,046 (881 + 165)
Endurance: 1,481 (881 + 600)
Agility: 936 (881 + 55)
Intelligence: 931 (876 + 55)
Spirit: 1,646 (881 + 765)
Dexterity: 1,046 (881 + 165)
Luck: 1,041 (876 + 165)
Skill Points
32
━━━━━━━━━━
Overall, it was essentially the frontline version of Santa Muerte.
Since it wielded a Mythical-grade greatsword and tower shield, it could probably withstand the normal attacks of a〘Regalia〙.
That is, unless it was something exceptional like【Charge Counter】.
I allocated its Skill Points to【Slash Enhancement】,【Impact Resistance】, and【Slash Resistance】.
━━━━━━━━━━
(Updated sections only)
Name: Carmilla
Level: 67 (+36)
Attributes
Magic Power: 305 (269 + 36)
Strength: 440 (269 + 171)
Endurance: 565 (269 + 296)
Agility: 385 (269 + 116)
Intelligence: 415 (269 + 146)
Spirit: 531 (269 + 262)
Dexterity: 360 (269 + 91)
Luck: 373 (264 + 109)
Skill Points
67
━━━━━━━━━━
Carmilla had now been strengthened to the equivalent of A-Rank, and her height had reached 170 centimeters.
She looked almost identical to the〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla I had fought in Russia's upper tier S-Rank Dungeon.
Like a fashion model, she was tall, with a full bust beneath her dress, a slender waist, and firm, shapely hips.
Her well proportioned figure was already close to perfection.
Still, like Santa Muerte and Nox Chevalier, she would probably continue growing until she was nearly 2 meters tall.
If that happened, her chest would probably continue to develop as well.
I hadn't measured them exactly, but judging from the images and videos I'd seen before, they were probably around an E or F-cup.
Having something pleasing to look at on the battlefield wasn't a bad thing.
(E/N: My man! 😏)
Well, enough getting sidetracked.
I maxed out【Swordsmanship】,【Cruor Dominion】, and【Evil Eyes: Charm】, and increased【Physical Boost】to Level 9.
“Alright. Now we're fully prepared.”
Rolling my shoulders, I pushed open the massive door leading into the boss chamber.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
I love these growth chapters!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments