Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 18 — Shadow Wolf Scattered by the Light

Within the darkness shrouding the forest, I cut down the Ulfhedinn that came charging through the shadows and completed my goal of defeating 200 of them.

As I continued strengthening myself with【Voracity】while advancing through the field, the trees gradually curved inward into a semicircle, forming the tunnel-like entrance to the Boss Chamber.

Guided by the evenly spaced torchlight, I walked one step at a time along the packed dirt path.

Eventually, I pushed open the massive door and stepped into the Boss Chamber.

The moment I reached the center...

11 spheres of light descended from above.

One of them shone with dazzling brilliance, and then ten Ulfhedinn, along with a werewolf nearly twice the size of the ordinary ones, appeared before me.

But its eyes held more than simple bloodlust.

There was unmistakable intelligence within them.


“Samael, Tamuel, Nox. The others are yours. Carmilla, stay back.”


~squirm~squirm~squirm~

~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~


“As you command.”


Feeling the responses from my three familiars and confirming Carmilla's acknowledgment, I gripped the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》in a reverse grip and calmly approached the werewolf Boss, Walpurgis.

Samael and the others charged at the subordinate Ulfhedinn all at once.

Walpurgis glanced at them only briefly, showing no concern whatsoever for the fate of its followers, before fixing its gaze squarely on me.

The instant the distance between us shrank to around 10 meters...

Walpurgis vanished.

The next moment, razor-sharp claws were already right before my eyes.

I instinctively swung up my dagger, severing both hands cleanly at the wrists.

Without missing a beat, a second strike came tearing toward my right flank.

I cut that off as well.

Walpurgis leaped backward, then instantly regenerated both arms with【Regeneration】.

I immediately activated【Cruor Dominion】.

Manipulating the blood scattered across the ground, I created a Bloody Sword.

I hurled it using【Throwing】, but Walpurgis melted into the shadow beneath its feet and disappeared.


“Oh...? A skill that lets you slip into shadows, I see.”


I grinned inwardly.

I definitely want that.

Using【Omniscence】, I searched for its presence.

I found it immediately.

Behind me.

I activated【Warp】, appearing behind Walpurgis, which had been attempting a surprise attack from my rear.

With a light leap, I slashed toward its neck.

But...

There was no resistance. My blade sliced through empty air, and Walpurgis dissolved into a black mist before scattering away.

Even【Omniscence】couldn't find it.

A duplicate.

So this is how it works...

The effect of skill,【Lunestalker】.

A combat specialized ability that used shadows as its medium.

An excellent skill.

But since the skill description itself contained the word "shadow"...

…«Light»

I consumed a slightly greater amount of mana and created a brilliant light that illuminated the entire Boss Chamber.

The very next moment...

Walpurgis suddenly reappeared a short distance away from me.

Just as I thought. It can't function where there are no shadows.

Momentarily shaken by its sudden exposure, Walpurgis hesitated.

I didn't let that opening slip away.

Using【Warp】, I appeared directly in front of it.

I gave a small leap and swept my blade across its neck.

One clean slash.

Walpurgis's head flew through the air, and its massive body collapsed to the ground.


『Skill Acquired【Lunestalker】Lv.9』


Turning my gaze from the corpse at my feet, I saw that Samael and the others had already wiped out every last subordinate.

With that, the conquest of the second dungeon was complete.


“Now then... I wonder what kind of dungeon reward I'll get?”


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

Lune- - Lunatic; -stalker - shadow element.

Horror ahh skill bruh!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing