Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 9 — The Qualifications of a King

After I accepted the offer, Guildmaster Johnson gave a firm nod, the smile on his face deepening.


“Then, please sign here.”


Johnson took a sheet of paper out of a clear folder, walked over, and quietly slid it in front of me.

The first page was a Proposal Acceptance Form.

It stated that I agreed to transfer to America.

The second page was a Letter of Authorization.

It authorized the Hunter's Guild to handle all procedures required for my transfer from Japan to America.

I read through both documents from top to bottom, confirmed the contents, and signed my name.

Johnson picked up the papers and looked over them one final time before saying,


“Yes, everything is in order. We'll take care of the remaining procedures from here.”


“Understood.”


“In addition, we'll arrange a residence and a vehicle for you. If you wish, we can also arrange female companionship... What do you think?”


“I'll gladly accept your generosity.”


“Very well. By the way, what are your plans after this?”


“Of course, I'm going to clear some dungeons. With that in mind, could you assign me a support staff member?”


“Certainly. That's the least we can do. Is there anything else?”


“Let's see... Could you introduce me to everyone else here?”


“Oh, where are my manners.”


With that, Johnson returned to his seat and began introducing the woman beside him and the people seated to either side.


“The woman beside me is America's 2nd〘Regalia〙, and the world's 5th〘Regalia〙, Angelica.”


I see.

I had expected she was powerful, but to think she was a〘Regalia〙...

Having risen that far in a Hunter superpower like America, there was a high probability that she possessed a Unique Skill.

I wonder what type it is.


“And these are our nation's foremost fighting force, the〈Thirteen Warriors〉. While they don't quite measure up to Rex or Angelica, they are the elite among elites.”


China's〈Kowloon〉.

Russia's〈Semi Tsar〉.

And America's〈Thirteen Warriors〉.

Judging by what I'd seen so far, each of them likely possessed strength on par with Upper S-Rank Hunters or bore the〘Transcendent〙title. At least half of them probably possessed Unique Skills as well.

...I wonder how many of them already see me as an enemy.

Having already been targeted by both〈Kowloon〉and〈Semi-Tsar〉…

The saying "things always happen in threes" suddenly felt all too real.

Well, if they picked a fight with me, I'd simply crush them without mercy.


“Thank you for the introductions. Since I'll officially belong to America starting today... does that mean I'll be joining the〈Thirteen Warriors〉?”


“Yes, that's correct. Although, we're actually considering disbanding the〈Thirteen Warriors〉altogether. The current idea is to separate the three〘Regalias〙from everyone else and establish a new designation.”


“I see...”


“…Please wait, Guildmaster.”


One of the〈Thirteen Warriors〉raised his hand and stood up.


“What is it?”


“While it's true that he's a〘Regalia〙, we have no way of knowing whether his strength truly matches that title. Shouldn't he spar with us first so we can verify his abilities? Whether he truly deserves to stand alongside Rex and Angelica...”


His argument was reasonable enough.

However, Johnson merely let out a quiet sigh.


“There are three requirements to be recognized as a〘Regalia〙. Of those three, two, obtaining the〘Transcendent〙title and defeating a monster bearing the title of King, have been accomplished by many of you.
However, none of you have fulfilled the final requirement, clearing an upper S-Rank Dungeon solo.”


“...”


“Hunter Matsubara has fulfilled all three conditions, at the very least. In terms of achievements, that places him above all of you.”


“B-But...”


“The title of〘Regalia〙is granted only after rigorous evaluation. There is no reason to fabricate the process and create a false〘Regalia〙. Even if someone did, the truth would immediately be exposed the moment they failed to clear an Upper S-Rank Dungeon solo.”


“...”


“If you wish to verify his strength, then become a〘Regalia〙yourself first. For an ordinary Hunter to challenge a King is arrogance of the highest order. Do you have anything else to say?”


“...No. I'll continue striving to improve.”


Johnson shifted his gaze away from the man and turned back to me.


“My apologies, Hunter Matsubara. That concludes our business.”


“My business is concluded as well. In that case, I'll be heading off to conquer some dungeons.”


“Very well. I hope you enjoy yourself. Here is my contact information. Feel free to reach out anytime.”


I accepted the slip of paper bearing Johnson's contact information and gave him a slight bow.


“Then, if you'll excuse me.”


I rose from my chair, glanced once at the members of the〈Thirteen Warriors〉, and left the grand conference room.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Where's all this confidence coming from? Just because they are a super power? Yare yare daze~!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing