Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 10 — How Power Should Be Used
After the recruitment proposal at the Hunter's Guild Headquarters and meeting the members of the〈Thirteen Warriors〉, I stepped outside through the automatic doors.
However, I never got to meet the other〘Regalia〙.
If I remembered correctly... the man who had objected to my joining the〈Thirteen Warriors〉had mentioned the name Rex.
Judging from the name, he was probably a man.
If the woman named Angelica was the 5th〘Regalia〙, then the man called Rex must have been the one who had stood at the top of America long before her.
...I'm curious about what kind of person he is, but right now, my priority is clearing dungeons.
“I'll be in your care from here on, Oliver.”
“Leave it to me, Hunter Matsubara.”
Turning to my left, I saw Oliver standing there, a stern looking man with slicked back blond hair, black sunglasses, and a black suit.
He was the man assigned to accompany me as my support staff.
“Then, please take me to the nearest S-Rank Dungeon.”
“Certainly.”
Oliver opened the rear door of the car.
I got in.
The door quietly shut behind me, and the sound of his footsteps faded as he walked around to the driver's seat.
The engine rumbled to life, and the car glided smoothly forward.
My dungeon conquest in America had begun.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
“Hunter Matsubara, we've arrived.”
The car slowed.
Then came to a stop.
Beyond the window stretched a plaza bustling with Hunters.
The door opened, letting in the outside air along with the lively noise.
“Thank you.”
After thanking him, I stepped out and stretched lightly to loosen the stiffness in my body.
“Then I'll remain here on standby. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.”
“Understood. I'll be back.”
As I made my way across the plaza, I found the stares rather bothersome.
My facial features were obviously different from those of the locals.
Anyone could tell at a glance that I was Asian.
Moreover, ever since dungeons had appeared, Hunters rarely traveled abroad.
Ordinary tourists weren't unusual, but Hunters below the upper ranks generally focused on conquering the dungeons in their own countries before considering venturing elsewhere.
Once you reached S-Rank or above, approval from both nations became necessary, making it far from easy to cross borders.
A foreign Hunter naturally stood out.
That was why so many eyes were on me.
Among them were a few who looked at me as though they were sizing me up.
Given the existence of the〘Regalias〙, and with America embracing the philosophy of survival of the fittest, it was probably only natural that many of its high ranking Hunters behaved with similar arrogance.
When even the head of the Guild believed that those without power should be ruled, it was hardly surprising.
Power had become something that could be measured.
Something that could be seen.
More people had begun investing in their own growth.
That, in itself, was a good thing.
But now that the gap in individual strength was so clear, violence had become far harder to restrain.
Being stronger was never a justification for oppressing those who were weaker.
Power could become either a blade or a shield.
It all depended on the one who wielded it.
Thinking about that, I joined the line for dungeon entry procedures.
Once everything was completed without issue, I headed toward the dungeon entrance.
I activated【Void Magic】.
From the Troll Dungeon, I summoned Samael and the others back to my side.
When I glanced over my shoulder, some people stood frozen in shock, while others immediately assumed combat stances.
I gave them a brief glance.
Then, together, we disappeared into the black oval entrance.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
We're looking at a situation similar to China, I guess… Bothersome, indeed but please become food for our boy Yuito!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments