Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 7 — The Mystery of the Seat of Honor

I departed Japan at 9:00 AM, crossed the 14-hour time difference, and arrived in America at 10:00 AM.

After undergoing a baggage inspection and body check by airport staff, I passed through the metal detector gate.


“Hunter Matsubara, we've been expecting you.”


Beyond the gate stood five men waiting for me, each impeccably dressed in black suits with black sunglasses.

…All of them are equivalent to S-Rank. A nation of Hunters really does have an incredibly deep pool of S-Rank personnel.

My gaze shifted to the earring on the lead man's ear. After confirming he was wearing a《Language Translation Earring》and that conversation would be possible, I spoke.


“Nice to meet you. I'm Yuito Matsubara. Are you gentlemen... from the Hunter's Guild?”


“That's correct. We were informed that Hunter Matsubara would be visiting our country within the next few days, so we've been waiting here at the airport.”


Just as I expected, they were Hunter's Guild personnel.


“So, what is this regarding?”


“The Guildmaster is waiting for you at Headquarters. Would you please come with us?”


…Must be about the recruitment offer, huh…

I was curious to see what sort of terms they intended to present.

I had only recently obtained the base-type Divine Artifact,《Laputa》, so there was no need to arrange accommodations.

I didn't have any plans afterward, either.

I decided to quietly go along with them.

Escorted out of the airport, I climbed into the back seat of a luxury foreign car parked outside.

From there, we headed straight for the American Hunter's Guild Headquarters.

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢

The car stopped in front of a towering building.

After getting out of the back seat and passing through the automatic doors, I walked straight past the reception desk and headed for the elevator.

Surrounded on all sides by Guild staff, I proceeded down a long corridor before stopping in front of a pair of massive doors, flanked by more staff dressed identically.

Using【Omniscence】, I scanned the room beyond.

There were 13 presences.

It seemed they had assembled quite an impressive group.

I quietly steadied my breathing and sharpened my senses.

The doors opened, and I was invited inside.

As I stepped into the room, I saw that two people were seated in the places of honor, while the others sat divided to the left and right.

One was a gentleman dressed in an elegant navy blue suit, with a refined and gentle demeanor. Using【Discernment】, I confirmed that he possessed strength equivalent to S-Rank.

The other was a woman wearing a military uniform decorated with gold trim over a green base.

She had long blonde hair, sharp, confident features, and a well toned physique that was evident even through her uniform. She was every bit as beautiful as a Hollywood actress.

However...

【Discernment】couldn't see through her.

Her【Subterfuge】had been maxed out.

The men and women seated on both sides were the same. Their【Subterfuge】skills were also at maximum.

…That's strange. Why is the weakest man in this room sitting in the seat of honor?

Just as that question crossed my mind, the man in the suit stood up and gestured toward the chair directly across from him.


“It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Johnson, the Guildmaster. Please, Hunter Matsubara, have a seat.”


“Thank you.”


I pulled out the chair as invited and sat down.

None of the Guild leaders I had met from other countries had been active S-Rank Hunters.

Neither China nor Russia had been an exception.

Yet this man was both an S-Rank Hunter and the Guildmaster.

Johnson, huh...

He was the very embodiment of excellence in both strength and leadership.


“Now then, with Hunter Matsubara here, let's move on to the main topic.”


Johnson swept his gaze across the room, and the meeting began.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

First the welcome, surrounding the guest with S-Rank Hunters then surrounding himself with their strongest Hunter party… All to protect himself just goes to show how much of an incompetent GM Johnson is.

He doesn't have the way with words to convince the other party except showing off authority and wealth, inside he's a coward…

Let's see what Yuito does here!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing