Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 3 — The Ruler's Bloodbath

After slaughtering the Flame Wyverns to the point of temporarily driving them to extinction, I found the entrance leading to the Boss room.

Making my way down the long stone corridor illuminated by torchlight, I checked Carmilla's status before placing my hand on the massive door.

She was now over Level 30, with each of her attributes hovering around 80. Individually, she was about as strong as a C-Rank Dungeon Boss.

To be honest, she was still far from dependable.

But that wasn't Carmilla's fault.

By the time she joined our party, there had already been an enormous gap between her and the rest of us. Since we hadn't all started from the same point, it was only natural.

That aside, it was time to strengthen Carmilla.

Using my surplus experience points, I raised every one of her skills to Level 8.

As a result, her average attributes rose to around 213, elevating her individual combat power to the equivalent of an A-Rank monster.


“Carmilla. I bestow this upon you.”


From my《Magic Pouch》, I took out《Sköfnung》, the healing-inhibiting longsword that had belonged to China's〘Regalia〙, Wang Haoran, and handed it to her.

A healing inhibition effect meant wounds would never stop bleeding. It was an ideal match for someone like Carmilla, who possessed【Cruor Dominion】.


“Thank you very much.”


Carmilla respectfully accepted the longsword with both hands.


“Alright, let's finish off the Boss already!”


I pushed open the massive door and advanced toward the center of the room. At that very moment, eleven spheres of light descended from above.

The spheres shone brilliantly, revealing the Fire Dragon and its followers, the Flame Wyverns.


“Now then...”


...«Wind Slash».


“【Parallel Casting】”


...«Teleportation».

I created countless razor-sharp wind blades around me, multiplying their number through【Parallel Casting】.

Then I activated【Void Magic】, teleporting the volley of wind blades directly to the necks of the Flame Wyverns.

Their necks, supposedly protected by tough dragon scales, were sliced through with ease.

The heads of the Flame Wyverns slid from their bodies, while torrents of blood gushed forth like flowing water.

I extended my hand toward the pool of blood.


“【Cruor Dominion】• «Activate Bloody Soldier Creation»”


From the overflowing blood, I created a massive army of Bloody Soldiers and ordered them to charge the Fire Dragon.

Out of curiosity, I used【Discernment】to inspect one of the Bloody Soldiers.


“I see. Each one is as strong as a Flame Wyvern.”


They didn't appear to possess any skills, but their attributes seemed to include all of the bonuses those skills would have provided.

More than one hundred Bloody Soldiers, each comparable to a high tier A-Rank monster. An army like this could wipe out an entire city without much effort.

The Bloody Soldiers swarmed over the Fire Dragon, slashing at it with blood-forged longswords.

...«Lightning».


“【Parallel Casting】…”


...«Teleportation».

Lightning bolts erupted simultaneously from the magic circles surrounding me.

The instant they were fired, every single bolt disappeared. A heartbeat later, they reappeared right beside the Fire Dragon.

I deliberately avoided its vital points, striking only its massive body.

The lightning effortlessly pierced its dragon scales, but the wounds were too small to be fatal.

But that was enough.

I used【Cruor Dominion】to interfere with the blood seeping from its wounds. Using the blood flowing from inside its body, I created even more Bloody Soldiers.


GROOOOOOOAR!


The Bloody Soldiers created this time possessed the same strength as the Fire Dragon itself.

The increase in firepower was obvious, and the Fire Dragon writhed in agony.

After that, all I had to do was continue manipulating the blood flowing from its wounds with【Cruor Dominion】, creating one Bloody Soldier after another.

The enormous beast that had rampaged so fiercely gradually slowed, until at last the Fire Dragon collapsed to the ground, completely spent.

There were no notifications for increased attributes or newly acquired skills, but【Vital Sense】no longer sensed any sign of life.

It was unquestionably dead.


“I wonder what kind of dungeon reward I'll get.”


The Fire Dragon's corpse dissolved into countless particles of light, and in its place appeared a magnificent treasure chest.

Looking forward to another Mythical-grade reward, I slowly opened the lid.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Bloody 'ell mate! 🤣

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous        Table of Contents        Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing