Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 4 — My Personal Base of Operations
Immediately after the Fire Dragon was defeated by the Bloody Soldiers, a magnificent treasure chest appeared before me.
I quietly placed my hand on the lid and opened it.
Inside were the Fire Dragon's magic stone and dragon scales, along with other materials... and a transparent sphere.
Floating inside it was an exquisitely crafted miniature castle, slowly drifting in midair.
I picked it up and immediately activated【Appraisal】.
━━━━━━━━━━
《Laputa, the Floating Citadel》
• Type: Base
• Effects:
① A gigantic floating fortress that can be used as the item-owner's personal residence;
② Indestructible;
• Rank: Mythical
• Condition: Excellent
※ Infuse mana to be recognized as its owner. Infuse mana?
(YES / NO)
━━━━━━━━━━
Judging from the appraisal alone, all I could tell was that it would grant me a floating fortress as my own personal base.
That alone was incredible enough...
But honestly, I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like without seeing it in person.
Unable to suppress my excitement, I poured mana into the transparent sphere.
“...«YES».”
The moment I infused roughly 1,000 mana into it, the sphere emitted a brilliant light that filled my entire field of vision.
The next instant, after instinctively squinting my eyes...
It had vanished from my hand.
『The Base-type Divine Artifact,《Laputa, the Floating Citadel》has been bound to the individual: Yuito Matsubara.』
『From this point onward, by speaking the Activation Scripture, «Return to Laputa», you may teleport to《Laputa, the Floating Citadel》at any time.』
『However, as the case with【Void Magic】, teleportation from inside a dungeon is not allowed.』
It seemed《Laputa, the Floating Citadel》had officially become my property.
There was, however, one disappointing limitation.
I couldn't teleport to Laputa while inside a dungeon.
Thinking back, when I had previously tried using【Void Magic】to leave a dungeon, the spell had failed to activate.
I'd suspected that dungeons possessed a special force field that prevented travel between the inside and outside.
It seemed I had been right.
A force capable of nullifying even Unique Skills and Divine Artifacts.
Unless it was something completely beyond ordinary understanding, perhaps even divine interference, there was no other explanation.
Considering it could even affect my abilities and Unique Skills, such a thing probably wasn't difficult for it at all.
If I had been able to come and go freely, then during situations like the ambush by Vlas of the〈Semi-Tsar〉in Russia, I could have escaped instantly to the safety of《Laputa, the Floating Citadel》...
But things couldn't be that convenient.
Still, I could move freely within dungeons using【Void Magic】, and if I were attacked on the surface, I could always teleport to Laputa.
Unless my opponent possessed an absurd Divine Artifact like《Balor's Scorn》, there was probably no one capable of killing me.
I also had《Aïdoneus》, the Helmet-type Divine Artifact whose concealment ability rivaled, or perhaps even surpassed,【Phantom】and【Eidolon】.
Even when conquering dungeons overseas, as long as I used【Eidolon】, there would be almost no blind spots.
“...Alright, time to head back outside.”
I stored the Flame Wyvern corpses scattered across the area inside my《Magic Pouch》and deployed the Return Magic Circle.
Wrapped in light, we were teleported back to the surface.
Crossing the deserted plaza, I headed for the Guild Branch Office.
After reporting the current status of Carmilla, whom I'd made into a Familiar in the Russian dungeon, along with Samael and the others, the staff members' expressions visibly stiffened.
Even viewed objectively, Samael and the others' current appearance was extraordinary.
Cold sweat ran down the staff's faces as they carried out the inspection with obvious fear.
As usual, I turned in materials from ten Flame Wyverns and the Fire Dragon.
The final purchase price came to 4.9 billion yen.
The value had been reduced because every last drop of blood had been consumed by【Cruor Dominion】, but even so, it was more money than I could ever need.
Leaving the Guild Branch Office, I looked up at the night sky and quietly muttered,
“I guess it's about time I figured out what to do with all this money...”
And then...
“«Return to Laputa».”
The moment I spoke the Activation Scripture, our figures vanished from the spot.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Though I haven't had the fortune nor time to watch many of the classic Ghibli movies yet, I've heard about Laputa in Death March. Reminds me of the Mirage spell of Satou's!
Also, I'll refer to this item as simply《Laputa》from here onwards.
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments