Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 52 — A Hint of a Glamorous Night
The moment we returned to the surface via the return magic circle, I immediately activated【Void Magic】and sent Samael and the others back to the Troll Dungeon.
However, I decided to keep Carmilla by my side.
I could have entrusted her protection to Samael and the others, but considering the possibility of unforeseen circumstances, I decided to personally protect her until she had gained a certain degree of strength.
Passing through the plaza crowded with hunters, I headed toward Ivan.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.”
“Hunter Matsubara, welcome back. To clear a high-tier S-Rank dungeon this quickly... as expected of you. Also, that young lady beside you… she's a monster, isn't she?”
Ivan possessed strength equivalent to an S-Rank hunter.
He had probably activated【Discernment】and viewed Carmilla's status.
“She isn't just a monster. She's my familiar. I command four monsters in total, all of whom were obtained as dungeon-clear rewards. My orders are absolute to them, so there's no need to worry.”
“...Understood. Then let's go sell the materials.”
“Yes.”
Together with Ivan, I headed to the guild branch office and sold the materials from the ten Vampires and Carmilla.
The purchase price came to 1,077,369,846 rubles.
Roughly 2.2 billion yen.
After finishing the sale, we returned to the parked car.
Ivan opened the door for us. I helped Carmilla into the vehicle first before taking my own seat in the back.
Once Ivan settled into the driver's seat, he turned around and asked about my plans.
“Hunter Matsubara, what would you like to do now?”
“Let's see... now that the dungeon raids are finished, could you take me back to the hotel first?”
“Understood.”
The engine started, and the car quietly pulled away.
After arriving at the hotel where I was staying, I headed to my room with Carmilla.
I removed my equipment and stored it in the《Magic Pouch》, then spread out some casual clothes that I took from it onto the bed.
“Carmilla, wait here.”
“As you command.”
After ordering her to remain on standby, I headed to the bathroom and quickly washed off my sweat in the shower.
Drying myself with a bath towel, I changed into my casual clothes.
“Now then, Carmilla.”
“Yes.”
“Put this on and come with me. Stay quiet until I give you further orders.”
“As you command.”
I handed Carmilla the helmet-type divine artifact that granted invisibility《Aïdoneus》.
I intended to explore Russia's nightlife.
If I brought Carmilla along openly, there was a chance that security personnel or Hunters at the establishments would detect her.
This was a precaution to avoid unnecessary trouble.
Once equipped with《Aïdoneus》, not only others…
Even I myself could no longer perceive Carmilla's presence.
Thanks to the effect of the《Chains of Overlord》, neither Carmilla nor my other familiars could ever turn against me.
That was why I could lend it to her without concern.
With Carmilla now rendered invisible, I left the room.
After exiting the hotel, I approached Ivan, who was waiting beside the car, and climbed into the back seat.
Once Ivan settled into the driver's seat, I told him our destination.
“Ivan, are there any establishments here similar to Japan's hostess clubs?”
“Yes, there are.”
“Then could you take me to the most exclusive one available?”
“Certainly. There's a place that only S-Rank Hunters or higher can enter. I'll take you there.”
“Have you been there yourself, Ivan?”
“I have… but even for an S-Rank hunter, it's not the sort of place one can visit frequently.”
“Now you've got me looking forward to it.”
“Then let's be on our way.”
With anticipation for the glamorous night ahead, I leaned back into my seat.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
While it can't be helped that Carmilla's not strong enough to face monsters… Taking her along to "that"-type of establishment is a bit…
Well, she's not a child, once levelled up, she'll grow and return to her true glory. But this time, she's getting the seat treatment, iykyk 🤣!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments