Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 51 — The Reborn Youngling

Having emerged victorious from the fierce battle against the queen of the vampires, Carmilla, silence descended upon the Boss room.


『The Challenger has successfully defeated〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla』

『The achievement “Subjugated〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla” will be added to the Achievements section of challenger's status』


A notification announcing the completion of a new great feat appeared.

Carmilla's body, split cleanly in two, began to glow faintly.

Soon it broke apart into particles and vanished into the void.

Immediately afterward, a luxurious treasure chest appeared in front of me.

Opening the lid revealed Carmilla's magic stone and…

A pitch-black egg.


“Wait… This is a familiar development...”


I picked up the egg and activated【Appraisal】.


━━━━━━━━━━

Carmilla's Egg

 • Type: Living Organism

 • Effect:

  - Contains a juvenile Carmilla;

  - Can be hatched by continuously supplying magic power while touching the egg.

 • Condition: Excellent

━━━━━━━━━━


In other words, just like Samael and the others, I could make that peerless beauty, Carmilla, into a familiar.

Though, being a juvenile, she obviously wouldn't retain that exact appearance.

Still, considering her future potential, this reward was more than satisfying.

I immediately poured magic power into the egg, encouraging it to hatch.

Several cracks spread across the shell.

Eventually, it split apart with a dull crack.

What emerged was a young girl version of Carmilla, about one meter tall.

Her formerly mature and voluptuous figure was nowhere to be seen, but she was undeniably adorable.

Gently patting her small head, I gave her a name.


“Your name is... Carmilla. I'll keep it simple. I look forward to working with you.”


“I look forward to serving you.”


“…Huh!? You can talk!?”


“Yes.”


I was surprised, but something else bothered me even more.


“Why can you speak? Samael and the others became familiars the same way, yet they can't even talk. Honestly, I'm not even sure they truly understand me.”


“I cannot say for certain, but I believe Samael lacks the intelligence necessary for language. As for Santa Muerte and Nox Chevalier, they are undead, so they likely cannot think in the first place.”


“But unlike other monsters, they don't act purely on instinct. So far, none of them have strayed significantly from my orders.”


“For us familiars, our master's commands are absolute. Regardless of whether we possess intelligence or thought, that does not change.”


“...I see. I'll just think of it as part of the ‘settings’.”


Accepting the explanation for now, I changed the subject.


“Now then, Carmilla. I'll be placing you under the《Chains of Overlord》as well.”


“I humbly accept.”


“《Chains of Overlord》• «Activate».”


A jet-black chain wrapped around Carmilla's small body.

The next moment, it became invisible.

With that, our master-servant relationship became absolutely unchangeable.

Before leaving the dungeon, I decided to check Carmilla's status just to be safe.


━━━━━━━━━━

Name: Carmilla

Race: Vampire Progenitor

Level: 1

Rank: E


Stats

Magic Power:  11 (10+1)

Strength:          13 (10+3)

Endurance:      17 (10+7)

Agility:              12 (10+2)

Intelligence:    13 (10+3)

Spirit:               18 (10+8)

Dexterity:         12 (10+2)

Luck:                  9 (5+4)


Skills

«Combat-type»

・【Swordsmanship】Lv.1

・【Physical Boost】Lv.1

・【Herculean Strength】Lv.1

・【Rampartification】Lv.1

・【Dash】Lv.1


«Enhancement-type»

・【Slash Enhancement】Lv.1


«Resistance-type»

・【Impact Resistance】Lv.1

・【Slash Resistance】Lv.1

・【Pierce Resistance】Lv.1

・【Fire Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Water Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Earth Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Wind Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Ice Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Lightning Magic Resistance】Lv.1

・【Charm Resistance】Lv.1


«Support-type»

・【Telescopic Vision】Lv.1

・【Intimidation】Lv.1

・【Night Vision】Lv.1


«Monster-type»

・【Mana Leech】Lv.1

・【Enthrallment】Lv.1

・【Cruor Dominion】Lv.1

・【Evil Eye: Charm】Lv.1

━━━━━━━━━━


Naturally, she was weaker than the Carmilla I had just fought.

Even so, she was still at the very top of E-Rank combat power.

The sheer number of skills she possessed clearly reflected the fact that she had once reigned as the boss of a high-tier S-Rank dungeon.

However, one thing caught my attention.


“Carmilla, it looks like you don't have【Pseudo Immortality】?”


“Unlike lower-ranking Vampires, I do not age.”


“Oh, really? I'm jealous of that...- Ahem. Well then, shall we head outside?”


“As you wish.”


And so, we activated the return magic circle and teleported back to the surface.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Let's gooo! New team member! Looking forward to your growth, Carmilla-chan~

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing