Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 50 — Defeating〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla
Pushing open the massive doors of the boss room, I stepped inside.
Rows of stone pillars stood to either side, and a king's throne sat upon an elevated platform. A vast audience chamber spread out before me.
As I swept my gaze around, examining the structure of the hall while approaching the throne, it happened.
Eleven spheres of light descended from above.
One landed upon the throne.
The remaining ten descended before it.
The next moment, after a dazzling flash of light, what appeared was…
Ten gentlemanly-looking Vampires.
And...
A peerless beauty with pure white long hair, blood-red eyes and lips, snow-white skin, and a crimson dress.
Perhaps because of the dress that emphasized her chest, my eyes were inevitably drawn to her cleavage before I could even fully appreciate her breathtaking beauty.
(E/N: Hehe boi! 😏 Man of culture, indeed.)
“So your name is〈Carmine Queen〉Carmilla... You're truly beautiful.”
A woman this beautiful almost made me want to turn her into a familiar.
But unfortunately...
“I am the challenger. You are the dungeon Boss; we can never coexist.”
So at the very least, I would kill her without making her suffer.
First, I needed to eliminate the troublesome underlings.
“Samael, Tamuel, Nox. Fall back behind me.”
I ordered Samael and the others to retreat.
«Sun Fall»
“【Parallel Casting】•【Azure Inferno】”
I used【Fire Magic】, now integrated into【Dominion Magic】, through【Parallel Casting】.
A blazing sun appeared overhead.
Intense heat filled the chamber, illuminating the entire room in brilliant light. Then【Azure Inferno】elevated the flames to an even higher temperature, transforming them into scorching heat waves that seemed capable of burning flesh.
“…Die.”
As I swung my hand toward the Vampires, ten Azure Suns descended at once.
Naturally, the Vampires tried to flee.
«Fire Bind»
“…【Parallel Casting】”
Chains of fire materialized and bound their arms and legs.
Now escape was impossible.
The Vampires desperately struggled against the searing chains, screaming as they tried to break free.
The azure suns continued their descent.
Soon they were swallowed by the azure flames and vanished completely.
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +1』
『Endurance +1』
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +1』
『Dexterity +5』
『Luck +5』
Notifications of stat increases appeared.
The Vampires had unquestionably died.
After the azure suns disappeared, only scorched ground remained.
Not a single piece of flesh or trace of blood was left behind.
“Now then... you're the only one left.”
Carrying the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》, I approached Carmilla.
She casually brushed her hair behind her ear and gazed at me with an entranced expression.
The next instant, her eyes glowed pink.
“I see. So that was【Evil Eye: Charm】.”
Having【Immutable】, it had no effect on me.
Whether she understood my words or not, Carmilla's expression went blank, and she suddenly bit into her own arm.
Manipulating the flowing blood, she transformed it into a longsword.
The wound immediately closed thanks to【Instant Regeneration】.
Rising from her throne, Carmilla lightly crouched…
Then launched herself forward.
She closed the distance in an instant and brought the blood sword down in a sharp overhead slash.
I blocked it easily.
But her assault didn't stop.
The blood sword swept horizontally.
I casually blocked it with the dagger in my left hand.
Twisting her body, she followed with an upward slash from below.
I jumped back a step, and the blood sword passed before me with tremendous force.
A thrust followed immediately.
I crossed both daggers and blocked it.
Eventually, Carmilla retreated.
A reset.
…«Water Swords»
“【Riptide】•【Parallel Casting】• «Transfer»”
(E/N: «Transfer» is a Void Magic spell, author didn't write this but what is mentioned in the raws is very long and boring, thus the spell.)
I created numerous water swords around me and accelerated their velocity using【Riptide】.
Then, using【Parallel Casting】, I activated【Void Magic】and teleported the water swords directly before Carmilla.
The water swords pierced deeply.
Deeply.
An enormous amount of blood spilled forth.
It looked fatal…
But she wasn't an opponent who would die from something like this.
To finish her off, I closed in with【Warp】.
However, Carmilla instinctively leapt backward and began pulling the water swords from her body.
«Transfer»
This time, it wasn't me who teleported.
I teleported Carmilla herself…
Directly before me.
Carmilla's eyes widened in shock.
“…【Heaven Sunder】!”
I brought the faintly glowing dagger in my right hand straight down.
A single vertical slash ran through her body.
Carmilla was split cleanly in two and collapsed onto the floor.
『Skill Acquired【Evil Eye: Charm】Lv.9』
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
I loved that last move; that is the exact, terrifying use of Space-attributed Magic skill! After all, Haoran used it.
Too bad though, I got my hopes up for Yuito getting a monster waifu. Guess they both can't co-exist, except of course tamed monsters.
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments