Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 49 — The Royal Castle Beneath the Moon
Samael crushed Vampires in its jaws while sweeping aside the dead trees around it.
Tamuel cast six different elemental magics. Though it could not always kill them in a single strike and occasionally allowed regeneration, it steadily piled up Vampire corpses.
Nox parried attacks with Zahaar's tower shield while wielding《Lævateinn》.
The effect of《Lævateinn》was to produce flames that would not disappear until the target was completely burned away.
Even a glancing hit would engulf the victim in inextinguishable fire.
As a result, the one who ended up killing the most Vampires was Nox.
~
~
~
『Level 139 UP』
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +1』
『Endurance +1』
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +1』
『Dexterity +5』
『Luck +5』
『Skill【Mana Leech】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Pseudo Immortality】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Enthrallment】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Cruor Dominion】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
At last, we had achieved one hundred kills.
Even though they possessed the ability to transform into perfect human likenesses, once I knew they were monsters, I felt no aversion toward them.
Using【Voracity】, I steadily continued strengthening myself.
Crunch... crunch... crunch...
(E/N: Hell naw, that shi raw, dawg!)
『Luck +7』
Then I turned my gaze toward the enormous castle towering ahead.
No doubt about it.
That was the Boss area.
As I advanced toward the royal castle illuminated by moonlight, I used【Omniscence】to scan the surroundings.
However, there were no gatekeepers or soldiers within sight, and there wasn't a single reaction inside the castle either.
In other words, the path to the Boss room was as safe as ever.
In that case, before proceeding…
I should check the details of the new skills.
━━━━━━━━━━
【Mana Leech】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Drinking the target's blood recovers 10% of the skill-holder's remaining magic power.
Magic Power +10
※Blood expelled from the body cannot be used. Direct bloodsucking is required.
【Pseudo Immortality】Lv.10 (MAX)
- By drinking the fresh blood of a virgin, the skill-holder becomes younger;
- Rejuvenation lasts for: 10 years
Luck +10
※When the effect ends, the skill-user ages instantly to match their actual age.
【Enthrallment】Lv.10 (MAX)
- By biting the target and invading them with the skill-holder's mana, the target can be turned into a familiar;
- In case of Hunter familiars, they receive 50% of the skill-user's stats;
- Maximum number of familiars: 1,000
Intelligence +10
※Only Hunter-turned-Familiars are eligible for the stat bonuses.
【Cruor Dominion】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Allows free manipulation of the skill-holder's own shedding/shedded blood or of others';
- Allows creation of blood-forged weapons and Blood Soldiers.
Intelligence +10
※Blood manipulation requires either active bleeding or blood that has already been shed by the body.
━━━━━━━━━━
They were all very fitting skills for a Vampire.
First,【Mana Leech】.
By biting a target and directly drinking their blood, it restores magic power.
Since it states "10% of remaining magic power at a time", it likely means magic power continuously recovers while feeding.
Next,【Pseudo Immortality】.
Although it came with the troublesome condition of requiring the fresh blood of a virgin, it was a skill capable of rejuvenation.
In an age where social media was widespread, finding a virgin woman was hardly realistic.
(E/N: Brother spitting straight facts!)
More importantly, how is one supposed to tell?
Would I somehow know instinctively just by looking?
If certainty were required, targeting minors would be the only option-…
(E/N: Brother, wording, your wording!!!)
“...Yeah, that's impossible.”
(E/N: Phew… Got me sweating bullets!)
Even though I had killed hunters, devoured monsters, and could hardly be called human anymore, that was still a line I couldn't cross.
I'm still young.
This skill could stay sealed away for the foreseeable future.
Next,【Enthrallment】.
Rather than bloodsucking, it creates familiars by invading a target with magic power.
Up to a thousand people.
Moreover, if the target is a Hunter, they receive 50% of my stats.
Since it wasn't mind control, that meant it could potentially create a large force of combatants approaching the level of a〘Regalia〙.
But in my case,【Soul Eater】was usually more useful as nourishment.
There would likely be few opportunities to use it.
Lastly,【Cruor Dominion】.
Like【Sand Dominion】and【Wind Dominion】, it was a skill that allowed control over blood, whether my own or someone else's.
Just as the Vampire had demonstrated earlier, blood spilled outside the body could be transformed into blood spears.
And its greatest advantage was that it required no magic power consumption.
As long as blood was available, the possibilities were endless.
An extremely powerful skill.
After finishing my review of the new skills, I continued through the castle.
There were no branching paths.
A single crimson carpet stretched endlessly ahead.
Eventually, I arrived before a massive, imposing door.
What kind of Boss would appear?
And what kind of reward awaited beyond victory?
Unable to suppress the excitement pounding in my chest, I stepped into the Boss room.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Some really useful but really dangerous skills… Certain people would love the Pseudo Immortality skill, iykyk!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments