Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 47 — Beheading in the Withered Forest

As compensation for the rampage of select members of〈Semi-Tsar〉, we engraved three Oaths of Soul upon each other's souls.

With this, there would be no possibility of the other members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉going rogue.

“…That concludes the compensation negotiations. The〈Semi-Tsar〉are hereby dismissed. The Guildmaster and I will now proceed to the Presidential Residence to discuss the taxation matter.”


Ekaterina shifted her gaze from the other members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉to me.


“Hunter Matsubara. I will report the outcome of the tax matter tomorrow. After that, I will personally guide you to the vault. Will that be acceptable?”


“Yes, that's fine. Also, this isn't a request but a decision… I will be handling Vlas myself.”


“...Understood. He brought this upon himself, so I leave him in your hands, Hunter Matsubara.”


Ekaterina glanced once at Vlas before returning her gaze to me and quietly expressing her consent.


“Hunter Matsubara, is there anything else you wish to discuss?”


“No.”


“Then, this meeting is adjourned.”


Ekaterina's dignified voice quietly brought the gathering to a close.

One by one, everyone left the conference room.

After exiting with Vlas in tow, Ivan, who had been waiting outside, called out to me.


“Hunter Matsubara, thank you for your hard work. May I ask about your plans from here?”

(E/N: Man, Ivan is such a good guy. Even though one of his senior Hunter, Vlas, is accused, his views of Yuito doesn't seem to have changed one bit.)


“I'm heading to the final S-Rank dungeon. I'd like to finish conquering it today.”


“Understood.”


Following Ivan, I left Hunter's Guild Headquarters.

We boarded the car parked outside and headed toward the second upper-tier S-Rank dungeon.


♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢


“Hunter Matsubara, we've arrived.”


As I rested with my eyes closed, the car gradually slowed before finally coming to a complete stop.

Immediately afterward, Ivan's voice reached me.

When I opened my eyes, Ivan had already circled around to the rear passenger door and was waiting with it open.


“Thank you.”


After offering a brief word of gratitude, I stepped out of the vehicle.

I ordered Vlas to get out as well, bid Ivan farewell with a “See you later”, and headed toward the entrance procedures.

Once the entry registration was completed without issue, I used【Void Magic】to teleport to the Troll Dungeon, retrieved Samael and the others, and returned.

Then I stepped through the dungeon entrance.

Spread before me was a withered forest illuminated by the full moon hanging in the night sky.

Rotting branches melted into the darkness, while dead leaves at my feet rustled faintly despite the absence of any wind.

The chilly air gently brushed against my cheeks.

This is interesting... I wonder what kind of monsters will appear here.


“Well then…”


After confirming with【Omniscence】and【Night Vision】that no other hunters were nearby, I turned around and quietly looked at Vlas.


“Your own leader, Ekaterina, abandoned you. And none of your comrades offered you a helping hand.”


“...”


“In fact, they're the victims here. They've been forced to pay compensation for something completely unrelated to them.”


“...”


“If it weren't for your reckless actions, none of this would have happened.”


“...”


“People like you are nothing more than pests that spread trouble wherever they go. You have no value.”

(E/N: Dang, gave him the Low-Tier God treatment 🤣)


“...”


“Your death has already been decided, but if you have any final words, I'll hear them… Permission to speak granted.”


“Our actions weren't wrong. It's absurd for a weak nation to think it can stand as an equal to a hunter superpower like ours!
Just because you got lucky and became a〘Regalia〙, you've become arrogant, and that's why you earned our resentment. If you don't correct that attitude, then in the future, our-!!!”


The《Fly King's Soul Harvest》flashed.

Vlas' head flew into the air.


“For a dying man's final words, that was far too long.”


『Unique Skill Acquired【Ward Magic】』

『Skill【Mana Transfer]】Lv.8 UP

『Skill【Mana Transfer】Lv.9 UP


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Irony is that, Vlas insulted his own idol before getting slimed 😂! By saying, "you became a Regalia due to luck", his jealousy and prejudice insulted Ekaterina's efforts to become a Regalia.

What a fool, dying a fool's death… Sadly, and not so surprisingly, people like this exist everywhere. Better stay tf outta their way and business!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations 



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing